Who you think is the best ever F1 driver?

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
mine choice goes to Alain Prost.....really miss the time when he was racing with Senna...that time Schuey still eating their smoke......

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
If you were to rate "the best" by their accomplishment in the sport, it has to be Schumacher. But then Bill Russell isn't a better basketball player than Michael Jordan. And I don't like the German too much either.

I'm split between Fangio and Senna actually. I may not have seen Fangio in action but his story is the stuff of legends. And he was multiple champion whos record was only beaten decades on by Schumacher in an era of better everything. Senna because I grew up idolising him. His car control and drive are equally legendary.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
i simply dun like to compare driver at different era. too many variables.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
We know that...at least I do. But it is fun nevertheless.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
si|verfish said:
We know that...at least I do. But it is fun nevertheless.
haha... pointless too...

jus jokin' man... someone would have wished they could bring all of these great drivers back from the dead so they can have a race and end this for once and for all...hahaha

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
butthead said:
haha... pointless too...

jus jokin' man... someone would have wished they could bring all of these great drivers back from the dead so they can have a race and end this for once and for all...hahaha
I bet Fangio will had problems with the launch controls, in-car radio, speed limiter and etc.........hehehehe...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I bet Schumacher would have problems with no downforce, skinny tyres and the drive shaft spinning a few inches from his family jewels.

Easy, get them all in karts. Driving purity, no electronic gizmos.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Awesome write-up. Thanks for the link infernal.

Schumacher has done more than enough to establish himself as one of the greatest racing drivers of all time. But the assessment, subjective though it might be, suggests that Senna was even better.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
i was shocked when no1 replied senna so , its just a basic senna vs schumi the search bar , when ive heard ppl said about senna > schumi if not for the accident . no probs .

but after some thinking and the article , ill stick with my post earlier Mansell if his The Stig ( wishful thinking ) cuz the TG track is the only track that matters lol , and Senna if Mansell is not just for the sake of rubbing it in to Schumi fans .

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
ehhh... still hard to argue on who is the better between MSC and Senna... MSC was a freshie when Senna was alreaqdy a seasoned pro in the F1 arena... i am not saying whether Senna is better or MSC is better...

Senna did have his opponents in his era...most notable would be prost in the same car he was driving... he also had seasons where he did not have a completely good car...Michael had a good car for most of his seasons... but he had quite some big rivals over the years... from Hill to Villeneuve to Mika, Kimi and Alonso...both had something the other did not... both also have great skills at driving to the limit and good wet weather and qualifying skills... but regretfully at a different era and different cars...

the reason i would not compare both this drivers is because seen them driving in real life or in television broadcasts... Sennas era was not my year.. furthermore... public TV at that time has no F1 i think...so it is hard to confirmly say that which is better...unless someone can bring the dead back...

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Do you guys ever think of what would happen if Senna cheated death in 1994 and continue racing in F1 till he retires?

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
butthead said:
ehhh... still hard to argue on who is the better between MSC and Senna... MSC was a freshie when Senna was alreaqdy a seasoned pro in the F1 arena... i am not saying whether Senna is better or MSC is better...

Senna did have his opponents in his era...most notable would be prost in the same car he was driving... he also had seasons where he did not have a completely good car...Michael had a good car for most of his seasons... but he had quite some big rivals over the years... from Hill to Villeneuve to Mika, Kimi and Alonso...both had something the other did not... both also have great skills at driving to the limit and good wet weather and qualifying skills... but regretfully at a different era and different cars...

the reason i would not compare both this drivers is because seen them driving in real life or in television broadcasts... Sennas era was not my year.. furthermore... public TV at that time has no F1 i think...so it is hard to confirmly say that which is better...unless someone can bring the dead back...
Again, these arguments are purely subjective and done just for the fun of it because we are F1 fans and this is what interests us.

Quote the article from infernal's link;
And on top of that, the opposition against which the Brazilian achieved his success was of a higher level.

Senna had Alain Prost, Nelson Piquet and Nigel Mansell to compete against, all of whom have a claim to be all-time greats. The depth of competition at the top is not as strong any more.
Which one of Schumacher's rivals can make a serious claim to be an F1 great, apart from Mika Hakkinen? Hill and Villeneuve were one hit wonders who got lucky in the top car. Kimi and Alonso still have plenty to prove.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone done this?:)
Can this be done?
if cant what is the main problem ?
thx all sifus in advance :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience