Canadian F1 - what's your take?

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
I'm very dissapointed to be honest.

I don't think Ferrari deserve 2nd & 3rd. You could see it in their face that they know they didn't win honorably.

3rd for Barricarlo may be .......... but his face doesn't show deserving pride either.

So sorry for Renault ......... hydraulic failure with up shift as well as throttle ???? can't believe it.... I think they should start using DOT-10 fluids instead of DOT-5.1 :) hahahaha

Montoya black flag for exiting pit when red lights - man, poor fella :(

Nick smashed on wall :( - sorry as well

I'm really dissapointed that Ferrari didn't put up any fight at all and simply waited for everyone to fade away....

Looks like my prediction was correct - from previous post.

25% (lets see who got a problem and retired so that I don't have to push so hard)
25% (lets see - don't hurt my tyres, 3 stops strategy works)
25% (lets see - carry less fuel is faster naturally, 3 stops strategy works)
25% (lets see - no one else got problem, I got no problem, ok lah go fast)

Man, F1 is not racing anymore......... everyone just waits :(

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
well i think schumacher did deserve the 2nd place. he pushed very hard in the end to try and overtake kimi. his final lap times are actually faster than his qualifying lap!

but barichello i think just because he was at the right place at the right time.

anyway congrats to massa on his fine 4th place for the sauber!

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
Acoustic said:

I don't think Ferrari deserve 2nd & 3rd. You could see it in their face that they know they didn't win honorably.

3rd for Barricarlo may be .......... but his face doesn't show deserving pride either.

So sorry for Renault ......... hydraulic failure with up shift as well as throttle ???? can't believe it.... I think they should start using DOT-10 fluids instead of DOT-5.1 :) hahahaha

I'm really dissapointed that Ferrari didn't put up any fight at all and simply waited for everyone to fade away....

25% (lets see who got a problem and retired so that I don't have to push so hard)

my fren i don think u know racing really well.. apart from the simple jus try to overtake racing is a form of sport that actually uses the brain the most.. u WAIT for opportunity to appear and capitalised it with the most appropriate move.. (or in another words u work hard to create a opportunity n u wait for ur effort to appear n do what u plan).. n for formula 1 which is the highest level of racing the driving skills behind n the strategy behind if u know how to appreciate it is top level stuff.. u jus need to understand the logic behind it n i m sure u will enjoy it.. esp this season when there is some artificial interference from the governing body..

anyway another thing.. kimi deserves his win.. he drove well n no mistakes.. if i might add.. both renault esp fisi deserves it more coz he retired for mechanical error as compared to alonso who had a small error n pay a big price.. montoya is unlucky but hey he wasnt really that smart when he come out from the pits.. u may argue that its his team who did the mistake but even his team did not hav that mistake do u think he wont get penalise when he overtook under safety car.. personnally i doubt he wont.. and lastly for ferraris... i must say schumacher deserves evrybit for his second place.. in fact personnaly i think he deserves 1 step better.. he was jus screwed by J.Button at the starting (but hell thats racing n ur luck) n u consider his pace he could have won if u take into account all those unfortunate incidents.. as for barrichello.. well again he deserves it.. he suffer a mechanical problem n hav to start from pits n still manage to keep his cool n his tyre to stay on the track n at the same time preserve his car n do fast enuff time to get to the front end.. man that is something..

P/s: hopefully u dont take it offended.. its jus my way of looking at the facts of the race

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Hi GT3

I've followed F1 from 2002, not very long, it is due to this I compare the previous generations of tactics that I find F1 dissapointing.

Back then, free tyres, free stops, all drivers went all out every lap. Do you see that now ???

Just so FIA wants to make it more entertaining to the audience and purposely handicapped the drivers, so that "these" things could happen is not cool at all.

Last time there was tactics. Now there's no tactics because the only tactic is wait for others to retire for whatever reasons. It's very obvious, everyone is waiting. Don't tell me you didn't see that.

I wouldn't have post if not because seeing Ferrari drivers' faces "pride-less".

If conspiracy theory may be added, it's like the whole thing was planned and they know about it and they didn't feel good either.

i.e. there is a special magnet hidden inside the walls - just activated to pull some cars in :) hhahhahhaha

F1 sucks now........ they need the free tyres back.

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
Hi Acoustic,

well i understand wat u mean.. but look it in another way.. was the race last time any cooler? drivers jus drive n wait for the pits.. but now drivers drive, wait for pit n also wait for other drivers to make mistake.. let it be banging the wall or locking the tyres.. as long as it gives them chances.. to me that shows the real driving skill of a driver.. many driver could drive fast.. but not many driver could race greatly.. n f1 is a sport that race.. i dun wan to see drivers jus having short qualifying sort of stints during the race.. coz its jus like multipying the quaifying into few more laps.. i wanna see them race.. n this year it makes it happen.. say whatever u want.. only those that doesnt win under the rules will keep complaining.. like minardi etc.. real great teams will jus take it as it is n adapt to it.. they jus keep their mouth shut n fight the rules that design to make life tougher.. its a sort of quality u cant see during normal times.. that is what make f1 special

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Last time - especially year 2003 was the besto, although Ferrari reigne ??? which was boring....

But with new tyres every pit, you could see the cars grip during cornering, every corner is a bite that taste, you could almost feel the tar in your stomach.... very very exciting...

Every corner is going through dangerously .... every turn is on the edge :)

Now, no more :(

Now, we can see very clearly every corner is taken with extreme care, so extreme it's like me driving :) [not that I can drive a F1, nor I drive fast at all :(]

Yeah there's allot of action..... but no more that ultimate all out battle.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I'd rather F1 be like the old days without driver aids and all the electronic gismos. It's just the man and the machine and getting the maximum out of both. No stupid complicated rules, no stupid team orders crap, no bitching, no sponsorship and tv nonsense. Modern F1 is ruled by who has the most money and best resources. Might as well show up with their bank accounts and see who has the bigger balance. It's Chelsea. They've got the most money, they get the best players so they sure as heck is going to stand a big chance of winning. They might not, but hey, they'll just dump more money into it for good measure. This is what sports is degenerating into.

The previous few years sure as heck wasn't fun. It may have been the highlights of Schumacher's career but it was low point for spectator sports. The Mansell, Prost, Senna days sure as heck were a lot more fun.

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Long Live Mansell!! Yup those were the times when F1 was at its best 1000+hp machines (Turbo Era) w/o driver aids, rear tyres as wide as a kancil, yup those were the days!
Racing or for the the matter of fact, your life as it is now boils down to opportunities, luck and Hardwork so if you make it you made it there shouldnt be any bcos of this or that
bcos how you got it is bcos of this and that...confused??...bcos your....dumb..muahahahaha

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Acoustic said:

Ferrari defintely was helped massively by the safety car...Michael would not have been able to pull back all the gap in 20+ laps...but i dun really think they just sat and waited for everyone to DNF...and not all front runners DNF because of mechanical failures...only Trull, Nicki and Fisi had mechanical failure...Alonso and Jenson banged wall, JPM black flag...

Michael seems to be nursing his tyres all the race exceot after the safety car period...comparing Michellins tyre wear it seems that Michael strategy worked quite well...with or without the safety car he would have gotten 2nd place..

alexz said:
well i think schumacher did deserve the 2nd place. he pushed very hard in the end to try and overtake kimi. his final lap times are actually faster than his qualifying lap!

but barichello i think just because he was at the right place at the right time.

anyway congrats to massa on his fine 4th place for the sauber!
Schumacher had almost a 25sec gap before the SC if i was not wrong...i do not think he could close down a gap that big with the limited amount of laps left...and he was only closing in on Kimi on an average of half a second a lap...maybe Rubens was at the right place at the right time...but he too had to go through a tough race to get his position...

Kimi deserved it the most as he pushed and pushed to get this victory...at least he pulled back what he had lost last race...

Last edited:

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
GT3 said:
my fren i don think u know racing really well.. apart from the simple jus try to overtake racing is a form of sport that actually uses the brain the most.. u WAIT for opportunity to appear and capitalised it with the most appropriate move.. (or in another words u work hard to create a opportunity n u wait for ur effort to appear n do what u plan).. n for formula 1 which is the highest level of racing the driving skills behind n the strategy behind if u know how to appreciate it is top level stuff.. u jus need to understand the logic behind it n i m sure u will enjoy it.. esp this season when there is some artificial interference from the governing body..

anyway another thing.. kimi deserves his win.. he drove well n no mistakes.. if i might add.. both renault esp fisi deserves it more coz he retired for mechanical error as compared to alonso who had a small error n pay a big price.. montoya is unlucky but hey he wasnt really that smart when he come out from the pits.. u may argue that its his team who did the mistake but even his team did not hav that mistake do u think he wont get penalise when he overtook under safety car.. personnally i doubt he wont.. and lastly for ferraris... i must say schumacher deserves evrybit for his second place.. in fact personnaly i think he deserves 1 step better.. he was jus screwed by J.Button at the starting (but hell thats racing n ur luck) n u consider his pace he could have won if u take into account all those unfortunate incidents.. as for barrichello.. well again he deserves it.. he suffer a mechanical problem n hav to start from pits n still manage to keep his cool n his tyre to stay on the track n at the same time preserve his car n do fast enuff time to get to the front end.. man that is something..

P/s: hopefully u dont take it offended.. its jus my way of looking at the facts of the race
from a drivers perspective...i dun think it was down to JPM nor McLaren's fault...a driver needs to control 10s of things among the 100s in his car...at the point of the pitlane exit...JPM would had his sights concentrated on the queue of cars rather than the pit exit lights...furthemore their vision from their race helmets is much narrowed down and he could not have noticed the lights...remember how he almost drove into the wall during his first pit...it would be hard to have kept his eyes on the mirrors, road and sides all at the same time...and i don't think JPM could recall the 100s of rules that govern F1 in jus a single snap...his team never even notified him of the lights wen he exited...either that or he had radio communication problems

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
GT3 said:
Hi Acoustic,

well i understand wat u mean.. but look it in another way.. was the race last time any cooler? drivers jus drive n wait for the pits.. but now drivers drive, wait for pit n also wait for other drivers to make mistake.. let it be banging the wall or locking the tyres.. as long as it gives them chances.. to me that shows the real driving skill of a driver.. many driver could drive fast.. but not many driver could race greatly.. n f1 is a sport that race.. i dun wan to see drivers jus having short qualifying sort of stints during the race.. coz its jus like multipying the quaifying into few more laps.. i wanna see them race.. n this year it makes it happen.. say whatever u want.. only those that doesnt win under the rules will keep complaining.. like minardi etc.. real great teams will jus take it as it is n adapt to it.. they jus keep their mouth shut n fight the rules that design to make life tougher.. its a sort of quality u cant see during normal times.. that is what make f1 special
what is wrong with waiting for pits??? isn't pitstops part of the strategy...even races like DTM now requires tyre changes to increase pit time and make pitting more a part of the race...even drivers need to take care of their tyres in between pits to maximize their fuel loads and minimize the risk of compromising their pit strategy...going all out is part of what F1 is about...sheer speed and technology is what F1 is all about...driver always need to PUSH PUSH PUSH themselves to the limit...other than that i think it would be better for us to go watch endurance races...

nowadays even comentating start to get boring...few years back the comentators would be gasping for air trying to report all the actions...they would cut in and out of each other to report live incidents...nowadays is very much different...they'd be talking about facts and rumours about drivers and many other stuff halfway through the race...

every team has their own motto...every team also has their fair share of say in F1...Minardi being a weaker and lower budget team doesn't meant they can't rant...i my own actually really respect Paul Stoddart for being still involved in F1...a lot of people might think that ..."aiyar malu la, everytime also last placing..if i were paul i will sell the team away and invest in something else"...if it were like that at least half of what is left now would have quitted from F1...Minardi is as good as any other teams in the paddock in fact for maintaining the integrity of their sporting spirit...nothing short of budget nor wins could effect their love for the sport...and to think of it...they brought up some of the drivers who is quite a success in F1 today...remember when Mark crossed the line in Austalia few years back in 5th placing...he was as happy as the race winner with his archievements...

Last edited:

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
XXX said:
Long Live Mansell!! Yup those were the times when F1 was at its best 1000+hp machines (Turbo Era) w/o driver aids, rear tyres as wide as a kancil, yup those were the days!
Racing or for the the matter of fact, your life as it is now boils down to opportunities, luck and Hardwork so if you make it you made it there shouldnt be any bcos of this or that
bcos how you got it is bcos of this and that...confused??...bcos your....dumb..muahahahaha
yeah...1000BHP...racing those days were a matter of life and death...

si|verfish said:
I'd rather F1 be like the old days without driver aids and all the electronic gismos. It's just the man and the machine and getting the maximum out of both. No stupid complicated rules, no stupid team orders crap, no bitching, no sponsorship and tv nonsense. Modern F1 is ruled by who has the most money and best resources. Might as well show up with their bank accounts and see who has the bigger balance. It's Chelsea. They've got the most money, they get the best players so they sure as heck is going to stand a big chance of winning. They might not, but hey, they'll just dump more money into it for good measure. This is what sports is degenerating into.

The previous few years sure as heck wasn't fun. It may have been the highlights of Schumacher's career but it was low point for spectator sports. The Mansell, Prost, Senna days sure as heck were a lot more fun.
true bout the money thing...any teams with a bigger budget would most vertainly come out better...see what Toyota had advanced to in few short years...Prost and Senna were absolutely great...fighting each other for world title as if they were on different teams...even crashing into each other...

something funny i noticed on race day... did anyone notice the flag raising during the podium ceremony??? i kinda noticed that the German flag came out first and higher than the Finnish and Brazillian flag...nothing related...jus something i think is a bit odd...

Last edited:

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Just watched the replay of canadian GP. everything fell into ferrari's hands la.... they were very lucky.

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
Acoustic said:
Last time - especially year 2003 was the besto, although Ferrari reigne ??? which was boring....

But with new tyres every pit, you could see the cars grip during cornering, every corner is a bite that taste, you could almost feel the tar in your stomach.... very very exciting...

Every corner is going through dangerously .... every turn is on the edge :)

Now, no more :(

Now, we can see very clearly every corner is taken with extreme care, so extreme it's like me driving :) [not that I can drive a F1, nor I drive fast at all :(]

Yeah there's allot of action..... but no more that ultimate all out battle.

erm i m not sure how do u know now the cars are driven carefully.. as far as i know.. drivers get used to high downforce easier than low downforce.. n nowadays cars have lower downforce its actually harder to drive.. if u look at the way they drive it nowadays its actually more precise than ever.. not to mention to those that are super competitive like michael, fernando, kimi, juan, fisi, jarno, webber.. etc.. if u look at their qualifying or even race laps.. its super daring.. its jus not easy to observe.. don be perceived that cars are slower means harger to drive.. its actually tougher becoz of lower downforce means less grip.. so u wanna enjoy driving ability.. nows the perfect moment.. (even though i agree i dint quote that the car is tougher to drive.. its quote by every f1 driver..)