which is better?motec or hks?

mafiabear

Jan 15, 2006
dear members and sifus! which ecu is better for skyline gtt r-34 f-con v-pro or motec..?i juz got my gtt and its still standard..thanx in advance!

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
still standard emanage blue enough la. better spend the motec budget to get slightly bigger turbo like gt3076 along with supporting mods. that will make ur car faster.

S

semperfi

motec is roughly rm10k if you're ok with it. I'm currently using f-con v pro and i have no problem with it. like what khoyos said, better get a bigger turbo with that kinda money. A 10k ecu with standard turbos won't be much help. just my 2 cents.

CSx8213x

1,000 RPM
Mar 8, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
10k of ecu with standard turbo wont' be much help ... but the 10k ecu can standby for future mod ... since the ecu control everything for your future mod ....if he put in a e-manage blue now ... when he come to mod to bigger turbo and injector ... the e-manage blue might not be able control it anymore ... why waste money and time on 2 times job ???

Bump: 10k of ecu with standard turbo wont' be much help ... but the 10k ecu can standby for future mod ... since the ecu control everything for your future mod ....if he put in a e-manage blue now ... when he come to mod to bigger turbo and injector ... the e-manage blue might not be able control it anymore ... why waste money and time on 2 times job ???

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
You'll probably only feel the difference between the Motec and Vpro if you're running a fully prepped race car and pushing it to the limit.

Otherwise, on a road car, a Motec would be overkill (money better spent on go faster bits like turbos and what not)... so not much difference when applied to the street...but bear in my mind the Vpro not everyone can tune, the tuner will need the power writer software....

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
10k of ecu with standard turbo wont' be much help ... but the 10k ecu can standby for future mod ... since the ecu control everything for your future mod ....if he put in a e-manage blue now ... when he come to mod to bigger turbo and injector ... the e-manage blue might not be able control it anymore ... why waste money and time on 2 times job ???
i beg to differ. there are quite a few skylines (that i know personally) with aftermarket turbo, cams etc running with emanage. yes it is true that all of them have standalone ecu on their wish list but in the mean time, their skylines are still running stock ecu+piggyback on daily basis without any glitches at all...

10k stock hardware with motec or 10k with around 350whp with piggyback? choose wisely hehehe:nurse:

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
yeap. everyone's correct. it's all based on personal pref.
hmm, easily put is

motec = hks v pro + vcam systtem.

CSx8213x

1,000 RPM
Mar 8, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
yup ... I not mean that e-manage cannot twist your HP out ... just it got a limit .... 10k maybe too waste on ECU ... but at least get a standalone ecu like Haltech ... the price quite reasonable and quite good for a street car ... it got the Launch Control , NOS , Anti Lag and many others functions ... the most important thing is it can set any desire REV cut compare to piggyback.... it also easy to get a good tuner for it...

since you got the money to get a standalone ecu ... why still choose the piggyback ? In the future , you feel that your piggyback function limited... and waste money to get a standalone again ?

khoyos.. since most of your frens also have the standalone ecu on their list ... they also know the limitation of the piggyback ... It same to me also .... I used to installed E-manage Blue in my R33 too ... it twist out alot HP for me ... and it remove my boost cut too.... But now I have changed to Haltech standalone ecu .... it twist out more HP for me again .... My first decision on e-manage blue because I had my budget ... when I got a better budget I straight away change to standalone... since mafiabear got the budget for a standalone... better advise him to go for standalone ...

mafiabear

Jan 15, 2006
thank you soo much guys!im still new with skyline.hopefully everybody can help me.im still a noobie =)

Bump: owh by the way,what should i mod for the skyline..?as in which turbo should i use coz now its still running with the stock ceramic turbine.thank you in advance! =)

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
yeap. everyone's correct. it's all based on personal pref.
hmm, easily put is

motec = hks v pro + vcam systtem.
errrrr..... i wouldn't really put it that way

you can't really compare an ECU with some thing physical like the V-Cam system

The Motec M800 series can control the valve timing for engines equipped with valve timing (VTEC and whatnot) but on the RB26, you're going to need to physically install the Vcam system (which comes with a seperate controller, so you can use any ECU you like)

In the end, its just an ECU...tuning is more important, as that is what actually makes your car go (or not)

as for what turbine to chuck into that Rb25 of yours? I would recommend a 3037... saw one guy running that in his GT-T... 300+ whp and full boost at 3500 rpm

assuming you're looking for somthing responsive and streetable.

otherwise 'pasang je paling besar, tgk telor cukup besar ke tak'

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
errrrr..... i wouldn't really put it that way

you can't really compare an ECU with some thing physical like the V-Cam system

The Motec M800 series can control the valve timing for engines equipped with valve timing (VTEC and whatnot) but on the RB26, you're going to need to physically install the Vcam system (which comes with a seperate controller, so you can use any ECU you like)

In the end, its just an ECU...tuning is more important, as that is what actually makes your car go (or not)
Ditto!

Talking about V-cam, there's 1 tasty R33 for sale over here at £16k.
It has V-cam directly linked to throttle position.
Cryoed internals.
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/118342-500bhp-gtr-everything-including-v-cam.html

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
motec is roughly rm10k if you're ok with it. I'm currently using f-con v pro and i have no problem with it. like what khoyos said, better get a bigger turbo with that kinda money. A 10k ecu with standard turbos won't be much help. just my 2 cents.
bro what version ur using now? i'm planning to get f-con vpro also for my ride but the 3.3 version is still expensive and i heard the vpro 3.2 is not compatible with the new vpro 3.3

Last edited:

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
motec with standard hard ware...heheheheh.. thats funny.. check ur budget n use of ur car n the target bhp..dude, dont just go for brands. only kids do that.. i would strongly advice for pfc

Last edited:

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
i would suggest you go with PFC enough at the time being since your car is very close to stock condition. PFC is just better enuff than emanage and you wont need motec or overpriced v-pro until you have serious mods on it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Review Stiff Ring Redefine Chassis stability

Application: Mitsubishi Lancer 6th Gen Front ,Proton Wira (1.3/1.5/1.8), Satria (1.3/1.6/Satria GTI), Putra, Waja (1.6/1.8).

There are many brand out there such as RigidColar , Racetek and many more but i have made my mind to try on stiff ring brand. I believe they serve the same function only different brand .

What is Stiff Ring ?
Improve Handling, Reduce Noise, Eliminate Vibration
Stiff Ring made of special formula alloy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience