=Which BOV sound nice for RB25 and RB26??

ngiing

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
bro,wana change my BOV??any guys selling??sound nice?need u guys advice??:burnout:give coment here ..TQ

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bro, currently I'm using a Greddy old version type R BOV, if I gonna change my BOV, which is the best product to go for? I prefer those BOV can straight replace my current bOV position without any extra work to do.....
Have a noob question here, is it required for remap my ecu if new BOV installed?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Bro, currently I'm using a Greddy old version type R BOV, if I gonna change my BOV, which is the best product to go for? I prefer those BOV can straight replace my current bOV position without any extra work to do.....
Have a noob question here, is it required for remap my ecu if new BOV installed?
Short answer is no.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

I'm using HKS Racing Blowoff Valve Type IIs. Actually meant for higher boost, if I'm not mistaken 1.5 bar and above which was fine when i ran 1.7-1.8 bar all day everyday but now that it's stock boost, it sounds like a constipated guy trying hard but managing to produce only a small fart.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bro, thank for our reply. Mean no need required any remap on ecru if I change new bov? So what u prefer if my situation happen to u? Actually I suspect my bov is time to go, last month I encounter my car will occasionally stall when come into stop, I had wash my aac valve, is much better but it happen again last week, I start to suspect my bov. Any suggestion from you?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Bro, thank for our reply. Mean no need required any remap on ecru if I change new bov? So what u prefer if my situation happen to u? Actually I suspect my bov is time to go, last month I encounter my car will occasionally stall when come into stop, I had wash my aac valve, is much better but it happen again last week, I start to suspect my bov. Any suggestion from you?
Generally, why would you need to retune it? What has changed? Changing one aftermarket blow-off valve for another?

Your car however has a problem the cause of which you have yet to determine for sure. What makes you say its the blow off? What happens if you do change and the problem is still there? What does your workshop say?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bro, At 1st I've collect all informations which possible to cause the stalling problem as below:
A)vacuum hose leak
B)aac valve dirty
C)bov
D)TPS sensor
E)fueling system
I been suggested to inspect all this items above from A to E. Until now i had done A and B, no leaking hose and AAC valve had clean too. So the next thing I'll check my BOV, that is the reason I continue to post question here and wish to get some answer from senior~

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Bro, At 1st I've collect all informations which possible to cause the stalling problem as below:
A)vacuum hose leak
B)aac valve dirty
C)bov
D)TPS sensor
E)fueling system
I been suggested to inspect all this items above from A to E. Until now i had done A and B, no leaking hose and AAC valve had clean too. So the next thing I'll check my BOV, that is the reason I continue to post question here and wish to get some answer from senior~
Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. I haven't been following your adventures but it's good you have a list. Fueling system means what exactly?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
[PIMPIN];4491867 said:
Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. I haven't been following your adventures but it's good you have a list. Fueling system means what exactly?
Bro, some AUS forumer said fueling system clog will cause problem at idling too, maybe fuel filter or injector~ But this is the most expensive thing to do among those item i stated, so i put it at my last inspection. :-)

Anyway, thanks for told me no remap is required for change aftermarket BOV to another, Thanks bro~

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
IMO...australian brand BOV that can be routed back to turbo intake was quite good..providing phsst-woot sound but not overly loud compared to directly vented BOV to atmosphere....

go fast bit or sheep dog i don't really remember..... :adore:

*(check mines gtr34 BOV sound in youtube)

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
IMO...australian brand BOV that can be routed back to turbo intake was quite good..providing phsst-woot sound but not overly loud compared to directly vented BOV to atmosphere....

go fast bit or sheep dog i don't really remember..... :adore:

*(check mines gtr34 BOV sound in youtube)
Thanks bro for your suggestion~

By the way, any others? how about HKS SSQV3 or Greddy? Need some comment about this 2 product~

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Bro, some AUS forumer said fueling system clog will cause problem at idling too, maybe fuel filter or injector~ But this is the most expensive thing to do among those item i stated, so i put it at my last inspection. :-)

Anyway, thanks for told me no remap is required for change aftermarket BOV to another, Thanks bro~
Well, it goes with the territory. Want to 'play' car sometimes have to face the problems. Are you doing all of the above with the same mechanic? What's their take on the problem? Do they agree with your list or do they have their own theories?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
[PIMPIN];4492127 said:
Well, it goes with the territory. Want to 'play' car sometimes have to face the problems. Are you doing all of the above with the same mechanic? What's their take on the problem? Do they agree with your list or do they have their own theories?
Bro, if this is a common problem and cannot be solved by all of the skyliner then I'll try to make myself used to live with my car....
Ya, all are did by same mechanic, they suspect A to C usually cause this problem. By read few more thread and forum just now, I found out this problem usually happen to most of the aftermarket BOV(vent to atmosphere type).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm on behalf my friend having problem with his ferio 95'. in the beginning, his ferio have a chamber problem, so he went to press n burh the chamber.. then after that for a few months, his ferio always have to re-alignment... his tires went out(makan sebelah) from inside... then when he want to turn left, the steering not steer back to normal position like before.

went to workshop, but mechanics also dont know what to do.. ask other, some said chamber problem, some said lower arm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience