What's the grippiest tyre?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
looking at the posts and reading tons of reviews..i keep on contemplating if i should try Kumho?

I go drags(friendly) about once a month...sometimes 2 ..i need a good tire in wet..not cause i speed..but cause i'm a bit paranoid when its raining...all the while i've been using T1R...and been really happy...buttt now...im just thinking if i should experiment another tire? since DRB,most ppl said its just ABIT better in dry...and about the same in wet...the price is around rm290 DRB 195/55/15 ...rm280 T1R same size.

Where else i can get kumho for much cheaper.....Whats the price going at now?they only got 195/50/15 right?but alot of reviews said T1R is better then Kumho XS...R1R too expensive for my budget.

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
i got mine from kin alignment sunway...

they have 205/50/15...
good stuff dont worry...
dont think just because its kumho its crap..and certainly better than T1-R...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
How much you got yours?

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

Where to get Kumho in Jb?

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
haha...i dont know the price for that size actually...
i bought 235/45/17

for 15 should be around the same price la...

you from JB ah?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
haha...i dont know the price for that size actually...
i bought 235/45/17

for 15 should be around the same price la...

you from JB ah?
elo boss, how much did u buy ur kumho xs, that size?

azbro

Known Member
Sep 21, 2008
looking at the posts and reading tons of reviews..i keep on contemplating if i should try Kumho?

I go drags(friendly) about once a month...sometimes 2 ..i need a good tire in wet..not cause i speed..but cause i'm a bit paranoid when its raining...all the while i've been using T1R...and been really happy...buttt now...im just thinking if i should experiment another tire? since DRB,most ppl said its just ABIT better in dry...and about the same in wet...the price is around rm290 DRB 195/55/15 ...rm280 T1R same size.

Where else i can get kumho for much cheaper.....Whats the price going at now?they only got 195/50/15 right?but alot of reviews said T1R is better then Kumho XS...R1R too expensive for my budget.
I think you are looking for Ultra performance instead of Extreme tires. Dun mix them up, Extreme tires are mostly for the dry. Even if ppl say R1R good in the wet, there are many other lesser tires that are better than it when the sky opens. but between the Extremes, R1R is one of the best in the rain, worst is R-S2.
For UHP tires, between T1R, DRB, S Drive, V12Evo, GyF1, PP2 I would sure go for SDrive...Made in Japan. But if you using 17inch rims (driving in JB I dun think so...got many pot holes..haha) there are more tire choices.

How much you got yours?

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

Where to get Kumho in Jb?
Kumhos are the least capable tire in the Rain, but come dry it will equal the best tires.
Try JJ Rosmerah...Kumhos are open market stuff.

Is this how that Silverstone FTZ look like?

There is no "longkang" at all for it to disperse water quickly. Would be dangerous in the wet.
Get the FTZtypeRR..road legal..i think its the same price as the toyo888
Check to see what compound suits you.

I will give Silverstone a buzz next week to get some prices as they seem to have my size judging by the website.

What's the pricing like for Toyo R888 versus Yoko AD07 for the same size?

What about Dunlop Formula R, Yoko A048.... anyone have any experience with these two tyres?

Tks for the replies... valuable feedback always appreciated.
R888 is sure more expensive.

Depending on the car you drive and driving style, between Formula R, A048, R888 maybe no difference in performance. But if you like club racing and have a powderful car, then you have to try it out which is ngam for you. There is no 1 great tire out there.

Last edited:

skubv8

Known Member
Sep 17, 2006
this is a difficult one because you want lapping at Sepang and wet performance is a non issue.

gotta give up one to get the other. Perhaps purchase Kumho XS separately for track days?
Then for dailydriving may be Goodyear Assymetric made in Germany.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
thx azbro for the clarification.

Yokohama S Drive how much bro? 195/55/15 in JB?

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
thanks az bro... great response...

tofu : yeap yeap... good value for money tires..performance also very good.. now japanese yen so highh...all japanese made tires increase price...ado8 sureeeee thru the roof...