What the Daihatsu Espri & Aura ???

Mutu11

Feb 11, 2006
Now i'm searching for Detamaso car, but there are 2 type. One is Daihatsu Aura GTti 1.0 DOCH turbo with 3 cyclinders and another Daihatsu Espri 1.3 with SOCH with/without turbo(i don't know). i'm searching for this 2 car spec but is very difficurt find.

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
Hi Mutu11,

For Detomaso, it comes with 1.6SOHC 16V....which is a facelift of exisiting daihatsu charade espri ..with nice Deto bodykit
For daihatsu charade aura, this one is different type & only got 1.0 sohc, 1.3 sohc or 1.0 dohc T

Mutu11

Feb 11, 2006
Now i going to buy the espri 1.0cc with price RM13K?? is that reasonable?? i plan to modify the car to put in GTti 1.0 doch turbo,is that ok?? and can i know wat the price for this GTti 1.0 doch turbo?? If in furture i plan to upgarde the car engine to K3-VET 1.3 doch turbo,CAN or NOT??

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
erm, the 1.0 dohc is hard to get and its really rare, if you wanna install k3-vet, then go ahead if your pocket allows cause its not gonnna be cheap =)

Mutu11

Feb 11, 2006
How much ooo... to install k3-vet??? i found 1 espri 1.0 soch not doch... in THE STAR Abver for sale....

reubenlee

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
install k3-vet need to change engine mounting ler.....jpj wun approve ler

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
install 1.0 dohc (T) la.....can join gtti geng summore..;)..but like gavan said really rare these days....U can try 1.3 sohc for ur aura if u want to.......

ntahapahapantah

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
i advise u to install 1.3 espri version. Very few install GTti on their espri mayb becoz of the power to weight ratio.

Nowadays espri owner like to install 4EFTE but then its Toyota engine.

Mutu11

Feb 11, 2006
i have check the spec for GTti (CB70/80) & 1.3 soch(HC-E).... & compare this 2 engine. I find out is GTti is more power than 1.3soch.

http://www.freewebs.com/gtti/technicalinfotips.htm

Than the road tax no need to pay more...(i don't how much)
ntahapahapantah i know that plp like to install 4EFTE(1.3). can i know the spec for this engine???

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Mutu11 said:
i have check the spec for GTti (CB70/80) & 1.3 soch(HC-E).... & compare this 2 engine. I find out is GTti is more power than 1.3soch.

http://www.freewebs.com/gtti/technicalinfotips.htm

Than the road tax no need to pay more...(i don't how much)
ntahapahapantah i know that plp like to install 4EFTE(1.3). can i know the spec for this engine???
Haha, you quote from Speedy's website.
That guy driving a GTti, maybe that's why he biased the number ? :mouth_closed:
Just kidding!!!

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
So mutu11, what's ur decision like, is it 4e-fte or hc-e?

4e-fte = toyota starlet ep91, 1.3 T

Mutu11

Feb 11, 2006
4e-fte = toyota starlet ep91, 1.3 T is a powerful engine. Nowdays is rare to get(correct me if i'm wrong).

But i still choose GTti engine. Let me tell u all what i want. I like small cc car with power HP & abit stylish.

Fristly, i plan to buy an aura 80s car. Aura 80s is small car with weak engine & i plan to upgrade the the engine to GTti 1 DOCH Turbo. BUT 1 day i saw an Espri 1.6 with the body kits(DAM NICE). And i compare this 2 cars. Espri look more round(more stylish) and Aura look square(box car). So i decide to buy espri but don't wan to upgrade to which engine??? So yesterday i login to another web and found GTti with body kits(quite nice). Here i upload somr pic.....

abcdead

Jan 20, 2006
mutu u wanna buy my charade aura with gtti bodykit the enjin is 1.3i (kissa)
i wanna sell it for 13k. are u interested?

Aura

1,500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah..GTti is a bit rare now..Sparepart also rare and hard to find..Even in Japan also rare..Very expensive price for sparepart..GSR sparepart more cheaper than GTti..You also can choose Espri but now cannot convert to Deto..if you want to convert De Tomaso, buy Acsend..It's a dilemma for all Charaders..All because of Perodua lah..If there's no Perodua, maybe Charade Aura new version is in Malaysia..For De Tomaso, even if you found one, it's not so powerful as GTti..At last, buy GTti is better lah..

Mutu11

Feb 11, 2006
there's 1 aura 92/93 car which sell 6k, condition everything is ori. but the car exhaust come out with white smooth. my friend told me that is engine problem. Please advise......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Guys..

Just want to get views from experts here.

Anyone here ever buy/import any headlights or tail lights from USA? Is the power cable and socket is the same and compatible to Malaysian car?

Or anyone here has any car made in USA? Have you ever bought any headlights or tail lights made in Malaysia?

Just want confirmation, because I plan to buy a pair of tail lights from USA, good price and quite attractive. But some say the power socket or cable for the tail lights...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience