Is tail or head lights from USA suitable for Malaysian car?

ibestriker

Known Member
Dec 16, 2005
www.invest.st.com.my
Hello Guys..

Just want to get views from experts here.

Anyone here ever buy/import any headlights or tail lights from USA? Is the power cable and socket is the same and compatible to Malaysian car?

Or anyone here has any car made in USA? Have you ever bought any headlights or tail lights made in Malaysia?

Just want confirmation, because I plan to buy a pair of tail lights from USA, good price and quite attractive. But some say the power socket or cable for the tail lights cannot suit the car made in Malaysia.

Is this true? Need views from expertos...

Thanks in advance..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
err.... cars are not based on which country it comes from.... it is based on the manufacturer.... if the headlights/taillights are from the same model as ur car, it will surely fit no matter u buy it from where....

there is no such thing as malaysia car use 12v DC, US cars use 12v AC.....

X-Koma

Dec 18, 2004
i think the left and right hand drive car does make the headlight a little bit different.

I.e: The right hand drive ( malaysian car) headlight are tuned to focus slightly to the right ( I think, cant remember which side, but I'm sure the lights are tuned to focus on a side, so you wont 'blind' the on coming traffic or something like that)

ibestriker

Known Member
Dec 16, 2005
www.invest.st.com.my
SkYwAlKeR said:
err.... cars are not based on which country it comes from.... it is based on the manufacturer.... if the headlights/taillights are from the same model as ur car, it will surely fit no matter u buy it from where....

there is no such thing as malaysia car use 12v DC, US cars use 12v AC.....
Thanks for your reply, but I understand that, as long as the tailights are from the same model as my car, it wont be any problem to fit, because the tailights are designed for that kind of model.

But for example, Mercedes Benz in Malaysia and Mercedes Benz in USA are different. The first one right hand drive, the second one left hand drive.

Besides, are you sure the bulbs in the taillights that connected to the power cable, have the same socket head?

I am curious because some USA sellers said, the tailights are not suitable for Malaysia, because the power socket are designed for USA only...I don't know whether they 'scam' me...:P