What is your Dream Sports Rim..

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
And you would know Taiwan is 80% as strong, how exactly? The thing with Taiwan rims is credibility. You don't really know what you're getting do you..
This is my guess only...That's why I used the word 'if', because it's a hypothetical question. It could be 50%, 60%, 70%, I don't really know. The only thing that we can be sure of is the price. I've been using Taiwan rims for so many years already, luckily no problem so far except for a few dents caused by potholes/craters. My friends also haven't had any problems with their Taiwan made rims either. JRD also produces OEM cast rims for Proton, so I think cast aluminium rims from Taiwan is not that bad.

Even with original used rims, there's still no guarantee that it will withstand pothole/kerb impact because it could have developed micro cracks caused by hazards on the road. However, I'm sure forged rims, even the used ones, have much better chance of surviving a massive pothole or hitting a kerb. If I have the $$$ to spend, of course I want to get original forged rims... :biggrin: These two types in particular:

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
taiwan best. for malaysian road and malaysian ppl.
i really wont buy those expensive ones even if i have the money .hehe
reason - few months back , came out at 7 a.m , going to work... when i walking out..can feel like my car abit lower,i tot tayar pancit..
when i had full view of my car...jeng jeng jeng.... all four disk on stones. 4 rims kena sapu .. first expression ---
what the f*ck !!!!!... 2nd expression ..what the f*ck f*ckkkkk .. haha.. went to report, the policemen saw the pic in my fone,ask me to bluetooth , and said he will investigate... so really lost hope in buying nice rims aft dat.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if taiwan manufacturers had came out with 8/9jj rims like the rota 1 year ago,
confirm i will get it rather than buy japan rims........my p1 can buy 2 sets of rota 17 8/9 jj hehe.....

estherhamster

Jan 29, 2013
Klang
exactly...

Many ppl who used original feel regret after using it... because of Malaysia road, not worth to get original..

This is my guess only...That's why I used the word 'if', because it's a hypothetical question. It could be 50%, 60%, 70%, I don't really know. The only thing that we can be sure of is the price. I've been using Taiwan rims for so many years already, luckily no problem so far except for a few dents caused by potholes/craters. My friends also haven't had any problems with their Taiwan made rims either. JRD also produces OEM cast rims for Proton, so I think cast aluminium rims from Taiwan is not that bad.

Even with original used rims, there's still no guarantee that it will withstand pothole/kerb impact because it could have developed micro cracks caused by hazards on the road. However, I'm sure forged rims, even the used ones, have much better chance of surviving a massive pothole or hitting a kerb. If I have the $$$ to spend, of course I want to get original forged rims... :biggrin: These two types in particular:

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

if taiwan manufacturers had came out with 8/9jj rims like the rota 1 year ago,
confirm i will get it rather than buy japan rims........my p1 can buy 2 sets of rota 17 8/9 jj hehe.....

Now Malaysia also have 8jj and 9jj

http://www.facebook.com/rasbklg

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
GOLD Prodrive GC010E wheels 18 x 9.5" with +44 offset.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah! totally agree. Buy expensive rims have to be careful of Malaysian famous potholes and thieves......:banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yah! totally agree. Buy expensive rims have to be careful of Malaysian famous potholes and thieves......:banghead:
Potholes I'd say not that bad, come visit Jakarta and you'll have a better understanding of bad potholes!
As for theft, I agree seems pretty bad here, but it's not just the rims but the whole car is subject to it.

Anyway when I went looking for my current rims, initially I was also just looking for cheap TW rims but then when I found this used forged lightweight japan rims with measurements that really fits my car at a very affordable price, I just could not look away. The design is also so ordinary that it probably look more like TW rims than Japan rims! So hopefully it won't attract much attention like those highly popular Rays/Advan/Work/Enkei etc.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Potholes I'd say not that bad, come visit Jakarta and you'll have a better understanding of bad potholes!
As for theft, I agree seems pretty bad here, but it's not just the rims but the whole car is subject to it.

Anyway when I went looking for my current rims, initially I was also just looking for cheap TW rims but then when I found this used forged lightweight japan rims with measurements that really fits my car at a very affordable price, I just could not look away. The design is also so ordinary that it probably look more like TW rims than Japan rims! So hopefully it won't attract much attention like those highly popular Rays/Advan/Work/Enkei etc.
Jakarta worse ah! but lately even in PJ itself very bad woh! Big holes here and there.....:banghead::banghead:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Today evening rush hour time I saw a Naza Ria with broken stock alloy wheel. The whole outer wheel portion was gone, I could only see the inner spokes and nuts intact.:confused:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Today evening rush hour time I saw a Naza Ria with broken stock alloy wheel. The whole outer wheel portion was gone, I could only see the inner spokes and nuts intact.:confused:
Perhaps it's JRD made OEM wheel? :biggrin:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
the same thing happened to me on my previous sgti when i had an accident, hit the curb. was using ce28 taiwans...

estherhamster

Jan 29, 2013
Klang
Gosh... >_<

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Jakarta worse ah! but lately even in PJ itself very bad woh! Big holes here and there.....:banghead::banghead:
Naah, still peanuts compared to Jakarta! :) You'll learn very good reflex and evasive driving skills plus it trains your eyesight to be more alert and spot them from further away if you drive there! Especially after flooding like now!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Naah, still peanuts compared to Jakarta! :) You'll learn very good reflex and evasive driving skills plus it trains your eyesight to be more alert and spot them from further away if you drive there! Especially after flooding like now!
So, you got good training to save your rims.....:rofl:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
I've once hit a metal block which broken the front passenger rim to a "A" shape tire puncture big hole, but still the tire intact n can brake to a stop on the speed lane to the side of the road, was doing 100km/h when it happen. Come to think of it, if it was normal steel rim or less strong rim it would broken in 2 n i already spin into divider n god know what is going to happen to me, i dun think cheap rim can withstand that kind of impact. I still using the same rim now after fix, a Advan Racing SA3R, so i can say the rim save my life, for me i will never buy cheap rim bcos for the safety of it, same goes to tire, safety 1st. Imagine doing high speed n your rim broke, this happen to imitation rim.

I'm not saying taiwan no good or what so ever(imitation sure no good), but if u come to think of it when shit happen, u wish u gone for the better 1. For me would save up to get the better 1.:thefinger:

PS. As for the safety of your rim, also use good lug nut like Mcgard so other cannot buy the key of the shelf.

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I m considering on either of this model since family getting bigger soon. Which is more practical, cost effective, ease of maintenance, value to buy, performance wise, spare part availability n etc. Details of both car are as below:

Civic fd 2.0
Year 2010
Price 8x,xxx

Caldina zt or gt4
Year 2004/register 2009
Price 7x,xxx

I m open for any advise n suggestion from bros here,
Cheers :driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience