Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caldina zt 2.0/gt4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ayap87

Known Member
Aug 7, 2009
auckland,nz
I m considering on either of this model since family getting bigger soon. Which is more practical, cost effective, ease of maintenance, value to buy, performance wise, spare part availability n etc. Details of both car are as below:

Civic fd 2.0
Year 2010
Price 8x,xxx

Caldina zt or gt4
Year 2004/register 2009
Price 7x,xxx

I m open for any advise n suggestion from bros here,
Cheers :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You can get a Caldina GT4 for so cheap?

Personally I think both cars are kinda small. Caldina is a disappointment actually. Looks big but it's almost a pure 4-seater with some boot space. And don't buy the ZT, stick GT4. Turboooooo

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Civic FD is a safe choice. Pedestrian choice. While it forms the base for the FD2R, it is not a Type R.
Caldina GT4 is the road less traveled.

Practical? Caldina would have a bigger "boot" since it is a wagon type. Cost effective? Caldina, if it is as cheap as you say, sure its cost effective. Ease of maintenance.. one is a Honda one is a Toyota, I call it equal, the Honda is probably easier to maintain since it is officially sold in Malaysia. Caldina being a Toyota, would have parts available as well. Value to buy..if you measure by Ringgit per Horsepower, surely Caldina wins. Performance, no brainer, Caldina GT4.

ayap87

Known Member
Aug 7, 2009
auckland,nz
Thanks bros..seriously i m in dilemma right now. GT4 offers u performance while civic fd will not give headache in searching for spare parts n promising maintenance.

In term of pricing both are equally about the same. I m actually more to caldina due to its looks n spacious boot + horsepower (not so important since it is a family car, no point of driving fast but might need it sometimes). However due to its limited availability of spare part, makes me rethinks about buying caldina.

And yes bro ixeo, agree civic is easier to maintain. Toyota wont accept caldina at their service centre based on my friend's story.

A friend of mine offering his caldina GT4 n-spec for the price ok 70k which i consider is a good deal.

:confused::confused:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Go for Civic FD 2.0. Since there are so many FD around the roads compared to Caldina, I'm sure that there are more spareparts available for it as well. In any case, you can still send it back to Honda service center if anything happens unlike Caldina where most of them are recond cars.

For fuel consumption, I think FD had the advantage over Caldina as FD is using a 5 speed auto compared to Caldina which uses a 4 speeder. Caldina ZT will be cheaper to maintain and has better FC over GT4 because ZT is using a NA engine with FWD layout unlike GT4 where it uses a turbocharged engine with a 4WD layout.

Performance wise, Caldina GT4 will beat FD for sure. As for ZT VS FD, I'm not too sure about it.

BTW, FD will have the better potential for modifications if you got bored with it. You can choose to put in the K20A engine from DC5 Integra Type R or EP3 Civic Type R or FD2 Civic Type R along with their 6 speed manual transmission.

Hope these can be useful. Pardon me if I made any mistakes over here.

ayap87

Known Member
Aug 7, 2009
auckland,nz
Go for Civic FD 2.0. Since there are so many FD around the roads compared to Caldina, I'm sure that there are more spareparts available for it as well. In any case, you can still send it back to Honda service center if anything happens unlike Caldina where most of them are recond cars.

For fuel consumption, I think FD had the advantage over Caldina as FD is using a 5 speed auto compared to Caldina which uses a 4 speeder. Caldina ZT will be cheaper to maintain and has better FC over GT4 because ZT is using a NA engine with FWD layout unlike GT4 where it uses a turbocharged engine with a 4WD layout.

Performance wise, Caldina GT4 will beat FD for sure. As for ZT VS FD, I'm not too sure about it.

BTW, FD will have the better potential for modifications if you got bored with it. You can choose to put in the K20A engine from DC5 Integra Type R or EP3 Civic Type R or FD2 Civic Type R along with their 6 speed manual transmission.

Hope these can be useful. Pardon me if I made any mistakes over here.

Agree with your points bro. Now it's 60 to 40 weighting for civic fd against caldina. Looking for more feedback and opinions from sifu2 here. :adore:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Go for GT4. But only based on keyboard warrior opinion haha.
I like it because its 3SGTE yummy 260hp.
And also its wagon type(Non mainstream), looks damn good(exterior and its low & smooth)
FD looks are so over for me. As in, I have seen it til I hate it.
FC, non turbo sure win I guess.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I will go for GT4 as well. You may not be able to service at Toyota but can always service at great workshops out there. Maybe you can still send to TOM's.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I m considering on either of this model since family getting bigger soon. Which is more practical, cost effective, ease of maintenance, value to buy, performance wise, spare part availability n etc. Details of both car are as below:
But TS is mentioning about practical, cost effective and ease of maintenance. Wouldn't FD be having the upper hand against GT4 in these terms? And since he mentioned family, probably FD is more suitable because GT4 is more sporty oriented. Probably not as comfortable as FD due to stiffer suspension setup to handle the power from 3S-GTE?

ayap87

Known Member
Aug 7, 2009
auckland,nz
Thanks for all the feedback n opinions from all bros here. Really appreciate it. Various point of view now makes it harder for me to choose. Is there many workshop out there who can service caldina especially GT4 model? I afraid that most of the workshop won't accept it due to its rarity and limited spare part. I would rather keep the GT4 in the standard condition for better reliability. One more thing, is it true that this GT4 can only run on RON97?

Ok now back to 50-50 score for caldina against civic fd
:confused:

Awaiting for more advise and opinion from sifu here... :smokin:

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Some details of my friend's caldina GT4,
Standard engine with installed blow off
Tein suspension
Unichip destek management
18" advan rg rims
Carbon fiber parts
1xx,xxx kms milleage

As for civic FD,
Everything standard with quite low mileage
Mugen kits all round

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Thanks for all the feedback n opinions from all bros here. Really appreciate it. Various point of view now makes it harder for me to choose. Is there many workshop out there who can service caldina especially GT4 model? I afraid that most of the workshop won't accept it due to its rarity and limited spare part. I would rather keep the GT4 in the standard condition for better reliability. One more thing, is it true that this GT4 can only run on RON97?

Ok now back to 50-50 score for caldina against civic fd
:confused:

Awaiting for more advise and opinion from sifu here... :smokin:

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Tein suspension
18" advan rg rims
Carbon fiber parts
1xx,xxx kms milleage

As for civic FD,
Mugen kits all round
Compression ratio for 3S-GTE is not really that high. Should be able to accept RON95 isn't it?

Tein suspension and 18 inch rims for Caldina... That could possibly affect ride comfort. But if you're focused on handling and performance, then it's okay.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, it is either ease and piratical over rare. I have VR, Sonata III and a Chery, all you rarely see in the market.....hahahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

But TS is mentioning about practical, cost effective and ease of maintenance.
Yup, if based on practical FD2 is the choice.....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Tein suspension
18" advan rg rims
Carbon fiber parts
1xx,xxx kms milleage

As for civic FD,
Mugen kits all round
Given the choice between the two and since you're a family man meaning money will be spent on diapers, milk powder, clothes and all, I'd go for the easier to maintain and probably cheaper to maintain Civic. The more modified a car is (power) the more care it'll need. If the Civics mileage is true mileage (it can be tweaked very easily apparently), then that's probably the car you wanna go for.