What DIYs would you like to See/Learn/KnowAbout

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Hi All,

Do you have some modification in mind ?
The cost of the modification is killing you ?
Like to find an alternative instead of buying them ?
Have Pictures of Mods which you don't know where to source the parts ?
Want to be different ?
Want to discuss ideas out of the box ?

------

Why not you post them here...
- Your Ideas
- Pictures of Mods you would like to have by DIY
- Modification parts which you can't get it here

-------

DIY Kaki (All the SIFUs and Gang here)
Will view thru the posting.. And mark those possible projects as a DIY project.. Then, we can share this in ZTH !!

Disclaimer.. No promises.. Not everything can be DIYed.. (For example : How to satisfy your Wife) :lol: :lol: :lol:

-----------

Example of Ideas / Project :

HKS Heat Shield Box..
Attach with picture (if possible)

Then the DIY Kaki will propose all types of DIY to solve that... (If possible)

-----

So.... BRING EM IN !!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You can't DIY to satisfy your wife? Oh god.. u ask OTHER people to satisfy her? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Can I have a DIY on how to install those 'plates' for the car doors that prevent people from picking your car door? People charge 300 just to install those things and it's a rip off!!

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by Izso@Aug 11 2004, 09:27 AM
You can't DIY to satisfy your wife? Oh god.. u ask OTHER people to satisfy her? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Can I have a DIY on how to install those 'plates' for the car doors that prevent people from picking your car door? People charge 300 just to install those things and it's a rip off!!
:lol: :lol: No No.. What I mean is.. Do not post here if the poster have problems DIY to satisfy his own wife :lol: As for me.. hmm.. I dunno yet because I am still single.. :lol:

------------

DIY Plates to prevent Theft.
Okie.. That's a simple one.

I personally Never seen any of those plates. But I heard from Proton owners that those are just simple Alluminium Plates where you can eaily cut out from empty Cream Cracker's Tin..

Anyway.. I will try to find out and get some pictures.

---

Hi DIY Gangs..
You all have pictures on this ? Can post it up then.. :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Originally posted by johnsonlam@Aug 11 2004, 09:39 AM
:lol:  :lol:  No No.. What I mean is.. Do not post here if the poster have problems DIY to satisfy his own wife  :lol:  As for me.. hmm.. I dunno yet because I am still single..  :lol:
:lol: I thot what.. ok.. Oh btw, welcome back dude!

Btw, the anti-theft plates are useful if have someone here who actually knows how to steal the car to begin with, so at least we'll have the exact locations to cover up. I mean like for Altis and Unser, the front lamps can be just popped out (by removing a screw) and the red and green wires cut to disable the alarm. Followed by popping the door open and short circuiting the circuit box (I think that's what you call it) in the engine side, the car is ready to go. What Toyota does is add an aditional piece of metal to the front lamps to prevent the unscrewing of the lamp to disable the alarm and adding the metal plate to the door.

If we could get every part of the car that is a potential hotspot for theives to abuse, we could DIY to prevent these bastards from curi-ing our cars.

Btw, I've tried the Altis short circuit thing (not the whole stealing car process la) and I can tell you stealing an un-altered Altis under 10 minutes is not a problem. Really. No pics tho.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
u see this car.....if u realize tak der door handle....macam maner nak diy ni...anybody know how to do it...all i know is they use solenoid pump to open the door....ill gladly give my car as guinea pig and the trial ditanggung halal....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hmm.. Hey good combo.. a car with no handle AND with anti theft plates. Come come let's DIY project with Saga dudes car! :D

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Originally posted by ksgoh@Aug 12 2004, 08:08 AM
maybe can purchase that metal plate and can install ourself, will be more cheaper, right?
That's the whole idea of DIY KSGOH. But the thing is do you know the weak spots of your car make? I know wira has a thousand spots to cover up for theft preventiion and my car alone had 5 pieces of metal installed.

servo

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
thinking to stick magnet inline with cable plug....something that gonna work such as STROMBERG.....gonna try 1st......see...kacau radiao frequency or not...... :D

lestat

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Me got 1 idea... LED Rev meter...8-10 LEDs (each LED means 1k rpm, up to your liking lor) and it's just like a rev meter lor.. very very cool, can install on top of dashboard. But this one must ask the E&E experts lo.. anyone want to give it a try? oh, and add beepers with it to let you know when hitting the redline. :)

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by kennethfong@Aug 12 2004, 01:44 AM
not really a diy just wanna know the wiring diagram for 4g93 com?
Hi Kenneth,
I know a few person who knows it inside out. But he would like to know why you want to know in the first place.

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by Izso@Aug 12 2004, 09:04 AM
That's the whole idea of DIY KSGOH. But the thing is do you know the weak spots of your car make? I know wira has a thousand spots to cover up for theft preventiion and my car alone had 5 pieces of metal installed.
yes, i know.....i even know how to open locked wira door with a packing tape....5 pieces?? where is the last piece to install??

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
DIY led rev counter..yeah i got some info about it..know a person who did it...u wan pm me, i tell u which shop at jln pasar to buy the hobby kit..

for me....i still figure out how to get mist out from the nozzle for my radiator water spray...coz i get the idea from the mamak they spray mist attach to the fan one...hmm i think the motor need higher power.
if success can put at the front wheel arc spray side way>>mist

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im thinking for Mivec 2.0 kit from 4g93T turbo block ball to 2.0 stroker kit with mivec head high cam

but since now ppl telling me that use 4G94 mivec ? if not mistaken they are original mivec. but the problem is SOHC 2.0 4G94 ?

so do anyone here know that 4G94 mivec . same use extractor and inlet manifold? 4g94 with mivec head . 4g92 twin cam can ?

any one know any idea. or can explain for me tQ
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience