what can i do to add extra power on my 318i bmw

burn22

Known Member
Nov 24, 2005
own a 318i bmw and found out it is using an M43 SOHC chassis, thought it was an M44 DOCH, but only available for UK/US model! too late to change my mind since hav already bought the car!
found the car underpower, is there anyway to boost it a little by adding in secondhand supercharger or turbocharge!
not a kaki rembat but sometimes when travelling outstation, need a little push on the car.
not interested in transplant to other bigger cc, prefer to maintain it as original chassis.
need to know, can other secondhand supercharger or turbocharge use by japs car be use on a bmw!
can anyone recommend me one! :turtle:

ali

Oct 16, 2005
anything particular you have in mind other than super or turbo? let me know, i can try to survey the price for you, over here in germany/austria/italy, might be cheaper

burn22

Known Member
Nov 24, 2005
hi! are you in overseas or in malaysia? hav went thru net searching for rebuilt supercharger where in US/UK are available! but a little bit difficult to ship to malaysia! thought of asking cousin of mine in US to get it for me, but will hav to wait another 2 yr!
actually only interested on the rebuilt or chop chop supercharger but if difficult in getting one here, will go for a chop chop jap turbocharger if it is available to be customised on a bmw! need to get someone that know how to customize/install it!
also need info if it can be done on a 318i M43 chassis!
thanks in advance...

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Turbocharge that beemer!!!

For long distance travelling, NOTHING beats the fuel economy of a turbocharged engine.

Not to mention you have the added power to smack some serious ass along the way.

ekinomae

Known Member
Oct 17, 2005
flushafteruse said:
maybe a NISSAN heart would be a perfect choice....
Second that!

BMW's tough chasis + kick ass SR20DET!

burn22

Known Member
Nov 24, 2005
Joeker said:
Turbocharge that beemer!!!

For long distance travelling, NOTHING beats the fuel economy of a turbocharged engine.

Not to mention you have the added power to smack some serious ass along the way.

hi joeker, got any jalan to customized it!

rps13_R

500 RPM
Apr 8, 2005
Visit site
burn22 said:
hi joeker, got any jalan to customized it!
im running project E36 Sideways M42 DOHC 1.8 Turbocharged

particular are below (those italic is compulsary in making bMW turbo)

PROJECT SIDEWAYS-PURPOSED BUILT E36 IS
ENGINE AND DRIVETRAINTURBO KIT (POWERED BY AR60)
INTERCOOLER KIT
INJECTOR UPGRADE
AIR MASS SENSOR UPGRADE
EXEDY 3 SPOKE CLUTCH PLATE
AFTERMARKET AIR FILTER
NOLOGY HOTWIRES PLUG CABLES
DENSO IRIDIUM IK24 SPARK PLUGS
LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
BREMBO 4 POT
FULLY ADJUSTABLE TITAN ABSORBER

ELECTRONICSPIGGYBACK ECU (PERFECT POWER SMT6)
GREDDY BOOST CONTROLLER
PROFEC-B
DEFI TACHOMETER
DEFI OIL TEMP, WATER TEMP, CONTROL UNIT II
APEXI RSM
PIVOT TURBO TIMER
SUPERCHIP
RMBK VOLT STABILIZER AND GROUND WIRE

EXTERIOR
E36 M3 FRT BUMPER
FRT BUMPER DIFFUSER
FULL BODY ARCHES
ACs SIDE SKIRT
CUSTOM DESIGNED REAR BUMPER
CUSTOM FENDER VENTILATION
ANGEL EYES
CLEAR SIGNAL LAMP
REAR LED LAMP
CUSTOMIZED GT WING
AERODYNAMIC CUSTOM WINDSHIELD DIFFUSER
CUSTOM STICKER
CUSTOMIZED CARBON FIBER HOOD
CUSTOMIZED CARBON FIBRE REAR BONNET

INTERIOR

FULL REFURBISHED SEAT AND DOOR PANEL
REFURBISHED STEERING WHEEL
WHITE FACE METER DIAL
M TECH G/KNOB
MOMO ALCNTARA GEAR STCK COVER
ACs STEPPING PANEL
CUSTOMIZED CARBON FIBRE INTERIOR

IN CAR ENTERTAINMENTALPINE 9833 HEAD UNITKICKER ZR240 AMPLIFIER KICKER COMP VR 12" WOOFER ALPINE 6 1/2" COMPONENT SETSTREETWIRE FULL WIRING SYSTEM

Last edited:

burn22

Known Member
Nov 24, 2005
rps13_R said:

hi bro! wondering are you the one that's running the "Sideways-Purpose Built E36 IS" projects on the
BMW club malaysia forum?
mine is M43 SOHC auto and what im looking for is to boost the car with a little extra power. it is not for racing purpose but more on outstation traveling. found the car a bit underpower. i have found a website that do customized turbocharged for M43, Mosselman Turbo. was looking for the customize M43 turbo manifold which are only available in overseas. worse to worse will do it locally. im base in KL, where did you customize your manifold. just need to get more info into it before proceed! im looking more on rebuilt turbocharger for tryout b4 getting a new one.
also interested on the rebuilt supercharger kit but totally not available here for M43. anyway thanks a lot for the info, much appreciate.

rps13_R

500 RPM
Apr 8, 2005
Visit site
burn22 said:
rps13_R said:

hi bro! wondering are you the one that's running the "Sideways-Purpose Built E36 IS" projects on the
BMW club malaysia forum?
mine is M43 SOHC auto and what im looking for is to boost the car with a little extra power. it is not for racing purpose but more on outstation traveling. found the car a bit underpower. i have found a website that do customized turbocharged for M43, Mosselman Turbo. was looking for the customize M43 turbo manifold which are only available in overseas. worse to worse will do it locally. im base in KL, where did you customize your manifold. just need to get more info into it before proceed! im looking more on rebuilt turbocharger for tryout b4 getting a new one.
also interested on the rebuilt supercharger kit but totally not available here for M43. anyway thanks a lot for the info, much appreciate.
After i had the car, i actually thought of three things

1) Turbocharging
2) Supercharging
3) 4 Throttle

From what i see, you do not required much power, hence any of the three above might not your priority choice as these three makes holes in your pocket

From my point of view, you actually should have

1) Better spark plugs and plug cables (recommend Nology and iridium plugs)
2) get a piggyback and change the air flow sensor to air mass sensor
3) superchip

or

just changed to a M44 DOHC 1.9 (140 hp +-)

if still gatal, make supercharging your last choice

burn22

Known Member
Nov 24, 2005
rps13_R said:
burn22 said:
After i had the car, i actually thought of three things

1) Turbocharging
2) Supercharging
3) 4 Throttle

From what i see, you do not required much power, hence any of the three above might not your priority choice as these three makes holes in your pocket

From my point of view, you actually should have

1) Better spark plugs and plug cables (recommend Nology and iridium plugs)
2) get a piggyback and change the air flow sensor to air mass sensor
3) superchip

or

just changed to a M44 DOHC 1.9 (140 hp +-)

if still gatal, make supercharging your last choice

yep, i have thought of that! spark plug, viper, superchip and exzos system but a little boost increase.
was looking for M44, but very difficult!!! anyway my M43 is still in good running condition, so most probably will wait till it konk! or till i get the M44 which i hav already ask potong kereta to reserve one for me. it seem M44 is wanted!!!
some recommend me to plonge in SR20! but prefer original BMW chassis!
supercharging, did ask one of the ZTH member using it on his satria GTI, but not available for BMW. maybe in later stage, he said! there are new once at links, using powerdyne supercharger, but a bit costly! but maybe i will go for it if turbocharge is not advisable!
again, thanks for the reply!

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
hello burn..
hav u contact my friend?? i forgot whether i got giv u the number or not.. aikks.. so forgetful..
anyway.. good luck to ur project..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ZTH should have hypermilers as their members. It's not necessary to be a devoted hypermiler, but trying some tricks should be enough. :proud:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience