Any Hypermilers Here?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ephique74

Known Member
ZTH should have hypermilers as their members. It's not necessary to be a devoted hypermiler, but trying some tricks should be enough. :proud:

sheesh... looks like i'm the only hypermiler here~ :frown:

well count me in then :itsme:

I'm using Kancil 850 EZi DOHC EFI 2003....

although I'm using auto tranny (3 speed auto mind you)... combining with the some of tips on the article you provided... I've managed around 16~18 km per liter (even when my engine is leaking oil badly... 2++,+++ km mileage piled up and counting heheheh) .... well above some of my frens who are using 850 manual

one thing you should add though... set off from early to avoid traffic....if I got stuck in traffic...it might bogged down to less than 15km/liter :bawling:

p/s: wanna swap my engine to 4cyl 660 turbo manual early next year....Turbo'd for Fuel Economy anyone? :idea: my fren got 20km/liter on this baby :idea:

Last edited:
well glad there's more to the club. :proud:
i'm impressed you out guzzled the manuals with an auto. n yea, traffic jam really can mess up with ur fuel consumption. tried gliding in traffic jams? i'm not so sure how significant the effect is. btw, drafting behind a big truck is not advisable. takut~

abt the turbo, i'm not really sure but BorgWarner turbochargers might help with the fuel efficiency. They've helped Porsche 911 to get better milage with the Variable Geometry Turbocharger. But not so sure about the price. You can refer to BorgWarner's website BorgWarner Turbocharger for Passenger Vehicles. And also the local distributor for BorgWarner Turbo Performance SDN BHD, just in case if ur intrested or to ask anyquestions. And this is out of topic already. =P

Hypermiling is the driving part. The driver affects the fuel consumption. :proud:

Bump:
I've managed around 16~18 km per liter (even when my engine is leaking oil badly... 2++,+++ km mileage piled up and counting heheheh)

That's hellishly impressive! 45-50mpg. :proud: Sorry coz i'm quite used to this unit. Probably good service will help u get more from it~

well glad there's more to the club. :proud:
i'm impressed you out guzzled the manuals with an auto. n yea, traffic jam really can mess up with ur fuel consumption. tried gliding in traffic jams? i'm not so sure how significant the effect is. btw, drafting behind a big truck is not advisable. takut~
just make sure you creep just below 2000 rpm... i got a bit over 15km/l out of it :proud:

abt the turbo, i'm not really sure but BorgWarner turbochargers might help with the fuel efficiency. They've helped Porsche 911 to get better milage with the Variable Geometry Turbocharger. But not so sure about the price. You can refer to BorgWarner's website BorgWarner Turbocharger for Passenger Vehicles. And also the local distributor for BorgWarner Turbo Performance SDN BHD, just in case if ur intrested or to ask anyquestions. And this is out of topic already. =P

Hypermiling is the driving part. The driver affects the fuel consumption. :proud:

thanks for the info...but I think when I got the swap... it's more than I need :biggrin:

Yeah.... try telling that to ppl who rather spent hundreds of $$$ from those questionable fuel-saving gizmo :stupid:

That's hellishly impressive! 45-50mpg. :proud: Sorry coz i'm quite used to this unit. Probably good service will help u get more from it~
no biggie considering
  • The engine only got pumping loss of 0.85 liter
  • the kerb weight just 700kg heheh
  • and for 90% of the time, I'm driving alone

Since I already educate my right foot :biggrin: .... it's time to get my car a bit more efficient... that's why I'm really gunning it for the engine swap because
  • the engine capacity is less (0.66 liter vs 0.85liter)
  • But have more HP and (the most important) more Torque....up to a 1.1liter capacity engine level driving up a 700kg weight (780kg if you count the driver :biggrin: )
  • the swap have less than 100k km of mileage left in it, so wif a bit more TLC....it should perform optimally
  • and its a manual!!!

sorry for my bantering... maybe there are others like us :love: who like to share

yes i am...
i only touch the pedal..and serve around left and right trying to avoid stepping on the brake pedal...then mostly travel at 80kmph...air pressure very high 31kpsi...wooh...car lightened...
ALWAYS PANG SAI AND PISS BEFORE ENTERING THE CAR...
when going down hill...i use highest gear...so can speed down faster...without stepping on the gas pedal...
Kidding only lah...i dun wan to die fast

well not to worry bout bantering. that's what hypermilers do. :proud:
n talkin bout the engine swap, its a good idea to do so. maybe you can get more than 20km per liter.

yes i am...
i only touch the pedal..and serve around left and right trying to avoid stepping on the brake pedal...then mostly travel at 80kmph...air pressure very high 31kpsi...wooh...car lightened...
when going down hill...i use highest gear...so can speed down faster...without stepping on the gas pedal...
hahaha... the way you describe it.... sure got hypermiles... the car that it... not the driver :biggrin:

well not to worry bout bantering. that's what hypermilers do. :proud:
n talkin bout the engine swap, its a good idea to do so. maybe you can get more than 20km per liter.
thanks...thats what i'm hoping on

yes i am...

Well there are controversial hypermiling techniques that might jeapordize ur safety. Surely i dont hv the balls to do such things. :proud: Don't tell petronas about us. They'd be mad~ lol. Hypermilers rules!!!!!

Well there are controversial hypermiling techniques that might jeapordize ur safety. Surely i dont hv the balls to do such things. :proud: Don't tell petronas about us. They'd be mad~ lol. Hypermilers rules!!!!!
why would they be mad?

look at shell.. promoting fuel saving driving behaviour....

shell's different. coz they're active at promoting usage of alternative fuels. besides, theyre the one who provides most of the hydrogen pumps in california. petronas~ just oil.

shell's different. coz they're active at promoting usage of alternative fuels. besides, theyre the one who provides most of the hydrogen pumps in california. petronas~ just oil.
they're the one supposed to promote the usage of alternative fuels... with govt full backing... we could turn into the next brazil or sweden... using bioethanol or biodiesel...

instead, the govt have to provide funds for other agency to promote biodiesel.....

or izzit a ploy to save proton?

God...i wished the late CEO of proton (can't remember his name, but he's the one bringing Proton Tiara) inked the deal with PSA in 1996... if the deal went thru, by today proton will have a host of models using small diesel (1.2 ~ 1.8) engines....:mad:

... i'd better sleep before I'm taking this thread waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of topic

sorry... in a bad mood today :stupid:

well im waitin for the mercedes dies-otto engine range to come out. perhaps it would come out with hybrid drivetrain. 80mpg+. ditto~

well im waitin for the mercedes dies-otto engine range to come out. perhaps it would come out with hybrid drivetrain. 80mpg+. ditto~
that engine can easily powers the S Class... imagine.. what it would do to a C Class... or better yet... in a Putra :burnout:

300k++ old 1.6L engine with auto tranny... ever hits 21.6km per liter on highway or 14km++ in city...

300k++ old 1.6L engine with auto tranny... ever hits 21.6km per liter on highway or 14km++ in city...
wow.... what's your secret?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom