Welding Steel To Cast Iron Exhaust Manifold

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Dear all,

I would like to weld a steel pipe to my stock cast iron manifold for an external wastegate.

I am in the northern region, please recommend me a place to do so as improper welding procedures would cause big problems soon.

Please advice as i couldn't get an aftermarket manifold and custom made would be too costly.

Northen region; Sungai Petani, Penang Island and Butterworth.

Thank you very much...

Please refer to the attachment, to the owner, please lend me your valuable pictures...

Attachments

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
wow... upgrading external wastegate to increase more boost pressure??..

Hi bro,

It is not upgrading boost pressure, my max boost drops and air flow sensor detects overboost; i think my actuator stepping into hell soon.

You have any introductions in Malacca? I don't mind taking just the manifold down to him.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Hi bro,

It is not upgrading boost pressure, my max boost drops and air flow sensor detects overboost; i think my actuator stepping into hell soon.

You have any introductions in Malacca? I don't mind taking just the manifold down to him.
yes i guess my mechanic can recommend some... i've seen nicely welded manifolds at the workshop....

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
yes i guess my mechanic can recommend some... i've seen nicely welded manifolds at the workshop....
Thanks for enquiring...

I called Marco Malacca, they does not recommend welding. They tried many and cracked when time passes.

Any recommendations and remedies? :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While looking up some information for my car on the HT forum I found a great thread which you guys might find useful.
<<I'm posting this here too as well as the Tech. Misc. Forum because this really affects people in here the most and I care about your safety because I have seen too many people get hurt by negatively affecting their car via modification and I feel braking is a VERY important system for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience