Stainless Steel Air filter

Veloc

3,000 RPM

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Guys...

I thought of changing air filter now. Since my stock air filter already needs replacement, I though might a well I go for aftermarket ones. I am looking at those stainless steel air-filter as they seem like they can provide higher flow compared to cotton ones and maintenance is also easier because can spray with water in the case of cleaning.

I am considering one brand called "UTR" MF. Or Ultra Racing Stainless Metal Flow. Not sure if it is original Ultra Racing or not but it is cheap and available at my place.

what I am concerned about is the filtration ability of these filter. In the market, they range from RM 100 to RM 400 for branded ones. Because the flow is higher, I am concerned whether it provides enough filtration to protect the engine. Will more dust/particles be able to enter the engine? I have read some forum about people using these filters and they said after 2 years, their engine kong-out.

Anybody got experience on using these air filters?

pangyau

1,000 RPM

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Veloc,

Since our road condition not up to standard + gravel + heavy dust due to construction every where. I would recommend the K&N Air Filter + Washing Kit. Easy to maintain & last longer. Good Value for money.

jeffayn

500 RPM

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
you need to think twice when you come to fool around with your filter.

the stainless steel filter looks good, feels good, and roar good. but as pangyou say, our road and air condition is not suit , unless you are using it for weekend showing off or track use.

I have collected alot of these non-moving stainless steel filters from the market and most of them have been sticking mostly to K&N, Simota, or Ventos.

I have nothing against them but just, a cloth type would be much better choice. If you still wan some stainless steel action, pm me your car, i can get you one simota unit for damm cheap and is genuine leftovers...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dudes, my mom's perdana executive also the auto gearbox koyak la.............
spent about 3K plus to buy 2nd hand gearbox but still not cekap la.......
when accelerate from stationary, have to do it very slowly otherwise the gear will jump from 1st gear to 2nd n got load thud sound.........
anyone can give me any advice?
what can we do to get rid of this problem?
we just replaced the shock absorbers n both upper n lower arms on both sides so now only the gearbox is a main...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience