Wastegate Explained.

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Sunway bakar maybe... coz can direct go tune :biggrin:
btw..thanks taiko! I will tell that guy make the wastepipe LOUD!:biggrin:

Bro ~ Why this wastepipe ..he didnt point the floor and he connect to the exhaust there..
Any idea?

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006

Bro ~ Why this wastepipe ..he didnt point the floor and he connect to the exhaust there..
Any idea?
This engine owner is my kind of ppl. 3 reasons.

1) for the peace of ears. No wastegate sound. I personally found the NOISE irritating.
2) better fuel consumption.
3) silent killer.

My car doesn't even have blow off sound. Hehe....

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
wow...this guy is my fren at out station...he is using GT35... silent killer...sound cool!!
Btw... I love wastepipe + BOV sound :D Hehe..~~~
Now a lot of sillent killer at the street..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
wow...this guy is my fren at out station...he is using GT35... silent killer...sound cool!!
Btw... I love wastepipe + BOV sound :D Hehe..~~~
Now a lot of sillent killer at the street..
Diam diam powerful shiok ma. Once a while bising abit ok la. Bising bising kena potong quiet car malu ma... Hehe...

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Yaya! Agree ! :D
Actually bising just to show off when you are at infront of many people :)...they will think your car is fast....sillent killer ofcourse is good...but when you are at those many ppl place...they wont know how fast is your car... my opinion la ~ Hehe... :biggrin:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com

Any idea?
for me leh,this kind of setup is ok for street use.it obstruct the exhaust gas flow on boost.
the higher the boost,the exhaust flow become restrictive and causes turbulence in the
exhaust pipe.just my 2 cent.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
for me leh,this kind of setup is ok for street use.it obstruct the exhaust gas flow on boost.
the higher the boost,the exhaust flow become restrictive and causes turbulence in the
exhaust pipe.just my 2 cent.
Yes brudder, we're talking abt street car now. My set up allows me to be loud or quiet. But I still like it to be quiet.

Btw, for street purpose ... We normally vent out the exhaust completely. Track purpose what's the use of the muffler..? It's also a restriction to ur exhaust...

And if u try it on a dyno, the difference is not too obvious. A few horses maybe...

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
Yes brudder, we're talking abt street car now. My set up allows me to be loud or quiet. But I still like it to be quiet.

Btw, for street purpose ... We normally vent out the exhaust completely. Track purpose what's the use of the muffler..? It's also a restriction to ur exhaust...

And if u try it on a dyno, the difference is not too obvious. A few horses maybe...
bro kenny....how much do i need to spend my money to make the wastegate piping? pm me.... running low of $$$$$ :banghead::banghead:

i still wanna put the wastegate...even it coz me eat sardin everyday.... :rofl::rofl:.....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
bro kenny....how much do i need to spend my money to make the wastegate piping? pm me.... running low of $$$$$ :banghead::banghead:

i still wanna put the wastegate...even it coz me eat sardin everyday.... :rofl::rofl:.....
Lolz.... so damn desperate meh..? Okay... There are other options...

As u've mentioned, u're using an RVR engine. So, I assume u're using a TD04L. Well, even if U're using a TD05. It doesn't matter.

If ur investment are purely for the NOISE... Opss... I mean sound... Then U can just call JIAN HANG to direct the waste pipe out from the exhaust instead of venting in...

However, if u really know how much the an external wastegate worth installing, what u can do is.. throw the original waste dish.. Port it to 38mm. Then, at o2 housing, direct the hole to the external wastegate. And from the wastegate, point it down to the floor.

That's the actual way of installing an external wastegate onto a MHI turbo on a stock manifold.

Or else, to look gaya, just plunk in banana.

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
Lolz.... so damn desperate meh..? Okay... There are other options...

As u've mentioned, u're using an RVR engine. So, I assume u're using a TD04L. Well, even if U're using a TD05. It doesn't matter.

If ur investment are purely for the NOISE... Opss... I mean sound... Then U can just call JIAN HANG to direct the waste pipe out from the exhaust instead of venting in...

However, if u really know how much the an external wastegate worth installing, what u can do is.. throw the original waste dish.. Port it to 38mm. Then, at o2 housing, direct the hole to the external wastegate. And from the wastegate, point it down to the floor.

That's the actual way of installing an external wastegate onto a MHI turbo on a stock manifold.

Or else, to look gaya, just plunk in banana.
zzzzzzzz....prefer the NOISE + Performance....hence my boost only 0.5.... that why i wanna throw some money to put the wategate..... got around 1.2k only.... :driver:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
zzzzzzzz....prefer the NOISE + Performance....hence my boost only 0.5.... that why i wanna throw some money to put the wategate..... got around 1.2k only.... :driver:
Tial wastegate = 800-850
To remove the flap + port the turbine housing = 180-250
New exhaust O2 housing + piping modification =300-400

that's the rough costing of the $$$ u gonna spend.

Or u go for the cheap way. Cut the hole on ur manifold. Weld a pipe on the manifold to the wastegate, then close the flap on the turbine housing and weld the actuation lever. And there u go.

But if the tahi welding drop into ur exhaust manifold, there goes ur turbine fins. Unless the installer very detail n knock out all the shit completely. Then, it's ok.

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Taiko , I also boost 0.5 ... And I just bought Tial wastegate 0.5 spring....
actually external wastegate wont help to gain hp ...:rolleyes: just love the sound yeah !!
wow... taiko...I think will charge me alot for install external wastegate ..need to port @#$%^ and need to replace turbo.... I think will above RM2000 ??? :(

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Taiko , I also boost 0.5 ... And I just bought Tial wastegate 0.5 spring....
actually external wastegate wont help to gain hp ...:rolleyes: just love the sound yeah !!
wow... taiko...I think will charge me alot for install external wastegate ..need to port @#$%^ and need to replace turbo.... I think will above RM2000 ??? :(
That's for MHI turbo lag dude. U already using T25. The turbo inlet flange same as t28 wad what's the problem?? If u are already using a stainless steel exhaust manifold, just add on an external 1 1/2 inch schedule 10 stainless steel pipi at the place where the 4 runners joins together. And weld the internal wastegate lever of ur turbo. Apa Susah???

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
That's for MHI turbo lag dude. U already using T25. The turbo inlet flange same as t28 wad what's the problem?? If u are already using a stainless steel exhaust manifold, just add on an external 1 1/2 inch schedule 10 stainless steel pipi at the place where the 4 runners joins together. And weld the internal wastegate lever of ur turbo. Apa Susah???
Not susah ~~~ Everything is ok,,,,, Just the "Money" problem ! :biggrin:
Hope wont charge me a lot......
ya..the flange is same... but the oil line have to change....the maybe the air filter to turbo piping have to change to 2.5".... now is 2" nia....too small......

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Not susah ~~~ Everything is ok,,,,, Just the "Money" problem ! :biggrin:
Hope wont charge me a lot......
ya..the flange is same... but the oil line have to change....the maybe the air filter to turbo piping have to change to 2.5".... now is 2" nia....too small......
This t28 turbo is water n oil cooled. So water line very important if u r going to use ur car to travel long distance. If turbo overheated, byebye...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): SLR Week. There are apparently 2 SLRs owned by the Sultan of Johor, one being a roadster and this beautiful silver coupe. The Sultan is known to have endless appetite for American muscle and rare breeds like these which are acquired in pairs. Salute!. Details on the advanced JUX number plate remains a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience