Want Speed?!! Go SIngle Turbo!! Discuss.....

Force Performance

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Borneo
:shades_smile: There is no right or wrong answer for d rotary engine turbos sizing. It depends on yr style of driving. U probably like fast spool-up & good area under the curve type of daily drive turbos with yrs std gearing, or u like drag racing turbo that have less backpressure & good top end flow may b at d expense of fast spool-up.

:shades_smile: In tis forum, 400+ hp from stock HT-12s can be considered a break through from usual big single road performance turbo. 2 me, it’s fairly complicated task 2 require most of us here 2 understand turbos & 2 b able 2 plot turbo compression map over d rotary engine flow demand. Many years ago my guru o’ready optimized d stock turbo with twin big 1.53” compressor wheels, clipped d twin turbines and d high flow waste-gating 2 release exhaust back pressure n more flow on d top-end. First it needed these Hitachi 2 out flow d rotary VE demand with broader separation degree of d intake & exhaust porting job at a given rpm & boost pressure, Tis’d want 2 run max boost of 1.25bar n max rpm of 8500 than will see d engine flow roughly about 1000 cfm. For most engine demand chart is capable of producing 480-engine hp. But in most case tis would b around 430 at wheel. n tis rotary guru oso believe with today new thin apex seals technology, etc. d above mods should b able 2 go 2 a higher level.

* Tis rotary guru handles a extreme drag racing rotary project at present. let hope 2 see tis RX7 can perform in d M'sia drag scene as soon *

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
:shades_smile: WIth all due respect, kindly post some a dyno to verify your claims. its just too easy to say you get in excess of 400rwhp from stocks. I know because i tried and its not possible (Stock). FPr the record i used 280 spec turbines and all supporting mods and got 282rwhp. Unless i run race gas and turn up the boost i'd be hardpressed to see anyone do this.

For the betterment of the rotary guys here, please post dyno or at least post supporting mods. If this was every posted on the rx7club forum without a dyno they'd call BS on you on the spot. As this forum is about learning, i hope you can perhaps give relevant information.

Force Performance said:
:shades_smile: There is no right or wrong answer for d rotary engine turbos sizing. It depends on yr style of driving. U probably like fast spool-up & good area under the curve type of daily drive turbos with yrs std gearing, or u like drag racing turbo that have less backpressure & good top end flow may b at d expense of fast spool-up.

:shades_smile: In tis forum, 400+ hp from stock HT-12s can be considered a break through from usual big single road performance turbo. 2 me, it’s fairly complicated task 2 require most of us here 2 understand turbos & 2 b able 2 plot turbo compression map over d rotary engine flow demand. Many years ago my guru o’ready optimized d stock turbo with twin big 1.53” compressor wheels, clipped d twin turbines and d high flow waste-gating 2 release exhaust back pressure n more flow on d top-end. First it needed these Hitachi 2 out flow d rotary VE demand with broader separation degree of d intake & exhaust porting job at a given rpm & boost pressure, Tis’d want 2 run max boost of 1.25bar n max rpm of 8500 than will see d engine flow roughly about 1000 cfm. For most engine demand chart is capable of producing 480-engine hp. But in most case tis would b around 430 at wheel. n tis rotary guru oso believe with today new thin apex seals technology, etc. d above mods should b able 2 go 2 a higher level.

* Tis rotary guru handles a extreme drag racing rotary project at present. let hope 2 see tis RX7 can perform in d M'sia drag scene as soon *

Firebird

Nov 22, 2005
phat7 said:
:shades_smile: WIth all due respect, kindly post some a dyno to verify your claims. its just too easy to say you get in excess of 400rwhp from stocks. I know because i tried and its not possible (Stock). FPr the record i used 280 spec turbines and all supporting mods and got 282rwhp. Unless i run race gas and turn up the boost i'd be hardpressed to see anyone do this.

Cool… cool… phat7

What I think Force sound logic! We should thanks him for giving us some tips of how to gain highest horses from the stock twin unit. And I believe we all have started cracking our mind even though 400+ hp is not as simple as his stock turbo specs. concern. I do not think he is stupid enough to let us have full details of this 400 over hp modification with free of charge here.

It also sad to know that you have tried your very best to get 282whp only from your stock upgrade twin. FD with 282hp is not enough to beat most of the Jap super cars on street.

My friend FD in the USA tuning to 14 psi with pump gas got 350hp with engine parts like : Apex'i Power FC with Commander, Stainless Steel Downpipe, Greddy SP Trust Catback Exhaust, K&N Custom Intake, HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve, Stainless steel Midpipe, Pettit Racing AST Tank, Block Off Plates Kit, ACV removed, Air Pump removed, Aluminium intake pipings

11 years ago the Peter Farrell street race FD super car also featured a barrage of PFS performance parts and upgraded stock turbo make 15 psi of boost to achieve 390whp

Please don't call other BS in this share informaton forum. Because sometime You cannnot do, it doesn't mean others also cannot.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
ok firebird i'm calling your bullshit right here right now. this is an open forum and if you;re gonna give me shit bout your friends uncles, aunty's grandmothers nephew's fd that made that much power then show it all here. this forum is to share information, not simply confuse owners by simply telling them you plug this ah then you port ah then you put exhaust bengkok ah you get 400hp.

a little background on me before you get started. i have had the car for more than 6 years. i have every single bolt on part you can care to mention for the twins and yet i mad 282rwhp which translates to i dunno 315-320 on the wheels. perhaps i could have tuned further but you must not forget, once the twins go out of their efficiency range you're pretty much wasting time as they become very -very hot and only blow hot air. if you know what hot air does to your engine then please refrain from further commenting. i have been a gentleman by going as far as asking for proof but nadda-nothing. granted its possible to hit those numbers but at what cost?

oh and just so you know force performance i.p. add is 203.106.162.222 and firebird's i.p. address is exactly the same. could someone please explain i.p. addresses.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
"11 years ago the Peter Farrell street race FD super car also featured a barrage of PFS performance parts and upgraded stock turbo make 15 psi of boost to achieve 390whp"

you yourself have said it. even pfs needs an upgraded stock setup to hit 390.

"It also sad to know that you have tried your very best to get 282whp only from your stock upgrade twin. FD with 282hp is not enough to beat most of the Jap super cars on street."

How does 450 on pump gas sound?

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
phat7 said:
oh and just so you know force performance i.p. add is 203.106.162.222 and firebird's i.p. address is exactly the same. could someone please explain i.p. addresses.
An IP address (Internet Protocol address) is a unique number that devices use in order to identify and communicate with each other on a network utilizing the Internet Protocol standard. Any participating device — including routers, computers, time-servers, internet FAX machines, and some telephones — must have its own unique address. This allows information passed onwards on behalf of the sender to indicate where to send it next, and for the receiver of the information to know that it is the intended destination.

*extracted from wikipedia

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Phat7, get your facts right lah... "mad 282rwhp" equals to roughly 355hp on "crank" lah... not 315ish ;)

"What I think Force sound logic! We should thanks him for giving us some tips of how to gain highest horses from the stock twin unit. And I believe we all have started cracking our mind even though 400+ hp is not as simple as his stock turbo specs. concern. I do not think he is stupid enough to let us have full details of this 400 over hp modification with free of charge here."

1. turbines have evolved over the years. the newer "big" ones are so efficient now, that they spool much quicker than the t04Rs that's in your head.
2. FYI... the US guys running 400hp and above on your so called "stock twins" are in fact, not stock twins, but modified versions of the Hitachi's, and they do not run on pumped gas (btw, are you familiar with the term "pumped gas"? although similar, it has nothing to do with the air thats coming out of your mouth)
3. this is a forum, where we SHARE information. if you wanna sell something, go advertise. you condemn "freebie" sharing of intellectual property, but you try to advertise yourself for free here?

"My friend FD in the USA tuning to 14 psi with pump gas got 350hp with engine parts like : Apex'i Power FC with Commander, Stainless Steel Downpipe, Greddy SP Trust Catback Exhaust, K&N Custom Intake, HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve, Stainless steel Midpipe, Pettit Racing AST Tank, Block Off Plates Kit, ACV removed, Air Pump removed, Aluminium intake pipings"

1. wow, you know how to cut and paste...
2. may i know how "block off plate kit" improve horsepower PLEASE?i'm sure since you got an "FD friend" in the USA, you can ask him, if you dont know. please do share with us.

"11 years ago the Peter Farrell street race FD super car also featured a barrage of PFS performance parts and upgraded stock turbo make 15 psi of boost to achieve 390whp"

do you know what "barrage" means?

phat7 said:
How does 450 on pump gas sound?
and on 1 f@#ked rotor... ;)

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
thanks jason. so it pretty much means that upon posting the system captures the ip of poster a.k.a firebird. but the thing is how come performance works and firebird got same ip add one ah? can meh like that?

Diablo - el' diablo = devil. you being the devils advocate here huh. we'll catch up soon.

joe13- Thanks for chiming in.

For those reading and confused of with the whole ongoing issue. the basis of this thread is to discuss single conversions. the purpose of this is for people like me whom have exhausted almost all bolt ons on stock twins and are now thinking or in the process of moving to the next stage.

Whislt i'll be the first to say this here, there really is nothing that would match the response of well mantained stock twins. but more often than not you are bound to have something go wrong. not suprising considering the amount of vaccum lines and countless other solenoids under the manifold. But before making a statement about modifying existing twins (i know of 1.knightsport 2.BNR) please provide concrete evidence to back claims as i do not wish to engage in a debate with no substance.

Again, this is an open forum. i do not believe in witholding information. I have in many ways been very open to members that have personally met me or pm'ed me here with request of manuals, opinions and to the extent of me meeting in person to ask my opinion. This "witholding" information culture is trully something i 've learned here. So lets not start this culture of hoarding of information but share amongst each other what we've learned in the due course of ownership.

Remember, this forum was started to provide those owning or planning to own RE powered cars with information, correct information.

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
phat7 said:
Diablo - el' diablo = devil. you being the devils advocate here huh. we'll catch up soon.

hehehehe,memanaskan badan.I dont know much about what you guys are talking about.But definitely 400hp plus on stock Hitachis is WHACK!.Sekolah mana belajar ni? Tok guru mana ni?

(which school did you learn that? which teacher thought you?)

i guess its nearly impossible to do it with stock turbos.

nah abang,bahan bakar RON100 hehehehe XD

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
phat7 said:
thanks jason. so it pretty much means that upon posting the system captures the ip of poster a.k.a firebird. but the thing is how come performance works and firebird got same ip add one ah? can meh like that?
The chances is very very rare that around the same time/day an IP will be assign to a same person, esp. between few hrs. 2nd posibilities would be this 2 person are accessing the same PC. Maybe they are friend(s) or brother(s). Check out their profile, "both of them" are Audi RS4 lovers.

phat7 said:
Again, this is an open forum. i do not believe in witholding information. I have in many ways been very open to members that have personally met me or pm'ed me here with request of manuals, opinions and to the extent of me meeting in person to ask my opinion. This "witholding" information culture is trully something i 've learned here. So lets not start this culture of hoarding of information but share amongst each other what we've learned in the due course of ownership.
Yea man, no shaolin wu kung here. Tell abit abit and the final step never say anything ... :p :p

Glocker

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
Sorry, noob question here. Is it possible to just change the bigger turbo (it's not really twin turbos, right? From what i've read, it's a sequential twin turbo setup i.e. one turbo is smaller?) so you wouldn't sacrifice lower response?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fingers crossed, prayers said and all deeds with the devil signed, let’s hope this time around it isn’t pushed back yet again as a post on Playstation Blog has confirmed that Gran Turismo 5 will be going on sale 24 November.

Sarcasm aside though, even we of little faith have some believe that this time it’s for real as Kazunori Yamauchi, the president of Polyphony Digital, has explained the delay in a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience