single turbo ecu

quixeric

Known Member
Dec 30, 2005
hey guys, any idea wat type of ecu to suite big single turbine for FD? ah choy recomend power FC to suite wit the modded oem ecu.
wat is the standard oil pressure for FD?
having hesitation at 3k rpm, how do u solve it?

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
quixeric said:
hey guys, any idea wat type of ecu to suite big single turbine for FD? ah choy recomend power FC to suite wit the modded oem ecu.
wat is the standard oil pressure for FD?
having hesitation at 3k rpm, how do u solve it?
1. Power FC is more then enough. Just get someone *experienced* to tune it. It's not about the ecu, its about who's tuning it.

2. standard oil pressure for FD? alot of variables... what turbine you running, twin oil coolers, etc etc.

3. 3k hesitation... how bad's the hesitation? normally is grounding problem. I had this problem too, but mine was due to ECU burnt.

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
- D i a b l o - said:
offtopic

mista Joe,where is this ah choy fella,i wanna go see him,need to service car allready

hmm... ah choy? near Giant in USJ. Not very far, not difficult to find. When u reach Giant USJ on ur front left, traffic lights turn right. Go all the way straight till traffic lights. Go straight past the lights, next left. You will see Texchem on your right. Go straight, pass the car yard on the right, then turn right. First left... 100m down, you will see H&M Motorsports. Yep... thats Choy's place.

Got it? :regular_smile:

quixeric

Known Member
Dec 30, 2005
thanks for the comment.
1. how much is the Power FC? getting a aftermarket ECU better or having a power FC better? Mostly probably will ask ah choy to tune.
2. erm my oil pressure in the deskboard seems low, running single big ass turbine, not sure about the oil cooler.
3. yeah read some forums they say some can be fixed by grounding it, but how to ground it more?

bringing the FD to service at ah choy thre soon, hope he can have a look on it. anyway can meet u guys tonite

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i use the power fc with success. will be able to tell you more once my car is ready. i use a datalogit to tune compared to the handset which really only has very limited parameter.

afaik ah choy has no experience tuning the pfc. ah choy is a very rich source for parts but imho i'd get someone very knowledgable to tune fuel controllers.

why dont you service your own car? its easy plus you get to learn a thing or two.

quixeric

Known Member
Dec 30, 2005
phat7 said:
i use the power fc with success. will be able to tell you more once my car is ready. i use a datalogit to tune compared to the handset which really only has very limited parameter.

afaik ah choy has no experience tuning the pfc. ah choy is a very rich source for parts but imho i'd get someone very knowledgable to tune fuel controllers.

why dont you service your own car? its easy plus you get to learn a thing or two.
yea dev, i will try to learn how to service myself, but im sure i need someone to do it 1time so i can learn faster and not try error wit my engine hehe. need u guys to give me some tips or two, as i saw most of u guys service ya self. need to read more on rotary nowadays

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
quixeric said:
thanks for the comment.
1. how much is the Power FC? getting a aftermarket ECU better or having a power FC better? Mostly probably will ask ah choy to tune.
2. erm my oil pressure in the deskboard seems low, running single big ass turbine, not sure about the oil cooler.
3. yeah read some forums they say some can be fixed by grounding it, but how to ground it more?

bringing the FD to service at ah choy thre soon, hope he can have a look on it. anyway can meet u guys tonite

1. Power FC, its fully "adjustable", fully "adaptable", plus it uses stock sensors.
2. Dashboard oil pressure meter is highly likely to be f@#ked. The reading more or less is not accurate (at best), or totally busted (norm).
3. Add more grounding points. You can buy grounding kits off the for-sale section of this forum, or you make your own. Whichever that flies your kite. :_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

last time i using the ngk platinium figure 5 then today i change to ngk irridium figure 6... and my car now the tempature is normal but my water spare tank is more than last time.. last time is at the max line now is near the cap of the plastic tank... is it ok for my car if i using figure 6? thanx for all sifu..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience