wanna know the name of it

sam04563

Nov 26, 2013
20131113_081812.jpg

just wanna ask what the name of this part..as the foreman claims that it has some problem.. i wish to do some research on this part..

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That specific part is the butterfly controller part. But usually if that's broken its easier to just replace the throttle body

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
all i know is that it's connected from pedal to tb where it controls the butterfly, the only problem that i can think of is the spring has gone stiff maybe. even in wiki it doesn't state the name, it's just state "On many cars, the accelerator pedal motion is communicated via the throttle cable, to activate the throttle linkages, which move the throttle plate"

Parts 52 & 54

sam04563

Nov 26, 2013
That specific part is the butterfly controller part. But usually if that's broken its easier to just replace the throttle body
any idea bout the price range to replace a whole TB?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

all i know is that it's connected from pedal to tb where it controls the butterfly, the only problem that i can think of is the spring has gone stiff maybe. even in wiki it doesn't state the name, it's just state "On many cars, the accelerator pedal motion is communicated via the throttle cable, to activate the throttle linkages, which move the throttle plate"

Parts 52 & 54
useful info..mind to share the link?

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
speed up no problem..after speeding..engine sound like gonna off...the person claims that is TB problem..(sorry for the poor explanation)
Have you ever service TB? Is recommend to do it, and is good to try a cheap way before going for the expansive TB.. Is the way that workshop want extra earn, but dosen't consider scam/con :biggrin:

sam04563

Nov 26, 2013
Have you ever service TB? Is recommend to do it, and is good to try a cheap way before going for the expansive TB.. Is the way that workshop want extra earn, but dosen't consider scam/con :biggrin:
what do you mean by service?some sort like cleaning?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have a L6 turbo Kancil, the change done in early 2011. The car does not perform as well as it should, the job being done in Melaka. I don't know whether the mechanic who did the work did it properly. Does anyone know a reliable and honest turbo mechanic in the Klang Valley?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience