help..someone wanna steal my car!

boosook

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Shah Alam
hey there all i really need help!..

some one korek my keyhole piece from the boot...i mean the thing where u put ur keys to open ur boot...i dunno wat izit calle di hope u guys noe wat im talking about...i think they gonna duplicate a key and take my car coz 1 key can use for all (boot,door,start engine)

i think they korek that thing last nite...so i quickly but steering lock just for now soo that they cant take my car...do u guys have any idea where to fix a new one???? i was planning to change all 3(door,start engine, boot) keyhole to 3 diff keys...where to do and how much??

i really need ur help thanks so much in advance!

dragonfly

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
just take a immobilizer...guarantee workable...or cheaper would b changing it to kappa lock...

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
dude, rather than changing all 3 locks... waisting time and money, just get a reliable immobilizer... then next time kena korek also no worries...

boosook

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Shah Alam
i dun really noe how does an immobilizer works...dun mind explaining in detail??
lets say if they korek..can they open my car door after duplicating it?..

dragonfly

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
roughly i can tell u how it works...an immobilizer works in a way that...ermm...a microchip is attached to the keys...n u need it both to start your engine...thats waht i know roughly...heheh...correct if i am wrong...

boosook

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Shah Alam
i noe about the microchip thingy...but how bout the door?? if they cant take the car..they can take my stuff in the car all the time lor?

CyberPunk

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
Subang
www.cyberpunk.co.nr
haha..
immobilizer works like this,
immobilizer prevents ur engine to start when it's activated. it activates whenever it do not detect the chip.
there are all kinds of immobilizer..
the common one is the immobilizer chip is key-chained on ur stack of keys so whenever u masuk kereta, u put ur keys in and the sensor will detect the chip and ur immobilizer will deactivate and ur engine will be able to start =)
(correct me if im wrong)
anyway... ur can change ur start engine keys also if u dun wan to install immobilizer.. change to those u know... the keys with holes instead of teeths... lol if u now wad im saying...
and if u are more concern about ur stuff in ur car, just change the door locks.. its up to u to choose.
cheers mate!
dont worry!

boosook

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Shah Alam
yea the key wit holes...i noe wat u mean...i was thinking the same thing... im concern about my car and the stuff in my car..hahaha i think ill just change everything la...do u have any idea where to change?

ky_fei

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2004
Kay Elle
Visit site
will cost u around RM300 ++ , change the ignition key and also reverse all the
"gigi" of ur key. Means they use back ur current 1 but reverse everything, a new set of key will be given. Try buy a new 1 or halfcut 1 la, put ther for
"View" onli, tats wad i am doin nw, new 1 cost u around rm60++ if not mistaken. I kena also once, in 1Utama T_T cost a BOMB, i payed around rm500 + , add a backup alarm also.

dragonfly

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
haih....put a immobilizer.......kappa lock(keys with holes).........n a good alarm system(a sensitive one)...gear lock....steering lock......after all this i am very sure...no one will ever want to even think of stealing your car......hehheh......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0mnP9rgQ_E4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Continuing from where we left off ----> How to install ICE part #1

Now that you've gotten your HU wiring figured out, it's time to fit in the power and speaker wires. I'm not fond of using the stock wiring mainly because :

#1 - It's too thin. Doesn't...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience