petrol injector cleaner

abaraikun

Dec 29, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all sifus,

is the Petrol injector cleaner really useful to old car? any review from sifus?

is it recommend to use on 9 yrs car?

many thanks :)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Does help a little. But best to take a highway drive of 110kph for a while to clean both injectors and some carbon. Or take outstation trip....:driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
agreed,brand of fuel does play a minor role too.
i stick to caltex whenever possible.

if you dont mind then let bro vr2turbo to drive your car for a week and dpnt forget
to give it to him with full tank of fuel.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Don't bother....

Won't be noticeable. If your injectors are faulty.. then it won't help either... Just pump a tank of good petrol *cough* Euro 4M RON 97 *cough*, wait until the engine has warmed up and take it out for a full throttle blast on highways.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
agreed,brand of fuel does play a minor role too.
i stick to caltex whenever possible.

if you dont mind then let bro vr2turbo to drive your car for a week and dpnt forget
to give it to him with full tank of fuel.
He can go blast it himself, no need pass to me mah!.....hahahha:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Old cars - I would recommend doing injector cleaning. Usually 70 per injector using the machine. Does help a little especially for cars that old

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If anyone follows ChrisFix on youtube, he recently did a test on different fuel cleaners and so far all of them are quite useless.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
If anyone follows ChrisFix on youtube, he recently did a test on different fuel cleaners and so far all of them are quite useless.
But I am amazed when he displayed the cleaning power of water and seafoam. Been watching his videos for a while now. Gonna try it with distilled water or a mixture of alcohol by spraying into the manifold via spray bottle some day when i got the time.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Performance Auto Transmissions

Ross Racing is committed to bringing you the industry's finest rebuilt performance and racing transmissions, custom high stall torque converters, shift kits and state of the art high performance transmission parts, upgrades and components.

At Ross Racing we strive to be the leader in every category - from late model domestic truck and passenger car automatics to high tech import performance and race transmissions.

All of our components and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience