Upgrade For Perdana 4g63T RVR

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Hi guys...sorry i've been away for a while..thanks for asking bout my car...anyway at the moment i have start doing the basics things first.. like Hks fIlter, Front Mount Intercooler piping, and Exhaust piping...using 2.5" as i follow the original rvr piping..thats all at the moment..after all that then only i will start thinking some other mods..depend on budget :)

Rakesh- Thanks bro...im really new to 4g63 .. good to have guide from you

Dont Forget to support out FOOTBALL TEAM vs Indonesia tonight AFF CUp FInal! Malaysia bOleh
i share my experience here, bro, it is unsuitable to use the hks mushroom filter, i just change to k&n, hks seems dirty, cause my fren evo 3 using k&n open pod and the throttle body ,turbo inlet and turbine are all clean and clear, but mine with hks, even change sponge, my intake pipe sluggish so do my turbo inlet, that is y i choose k&n, after change the filter, i feels the air suction is superb,i can hear the air suck in loud with my high pitch turbine sound, hks feel nothing last time, btw, my hks is also genuine product,broke my pocket almost rm3++:stupid:

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
For the oil cooler, i think standard RVR engine installed with water cooled system..I dont have any idea which is much better, water cooled system or oil cooler or can use both at same time..hope someone with much experience will answer it..make sure your current fuel system is enough to support your engine when boosting.otherwise, your pistons will "berlubang"..install aftermarket AFRP first..then u can can start thinking to upgrade what the next..that my personal opinion..correct me if wrong
Aftermarket AFPR is not the 1st thing in the fuel system to upgrade.. varying the fuel system pressure is not the best way to tune AFR, even too high pressure will only make your fuel pump flow less than it should be which is not a gud thing. Upgrading to a higher flowing injector & fuel pump is the first thing u want to do to your fuel delivery system, and this is only even necessary when you are flowing significantly more air such as increasing boost to a very high level, bigger turbo, stroker etc..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Aftermarket AFPR is not the 1st thing in the fuel system to upgrade.. varying the fuel system pressure is not the best way to tune AFR, even too high pressure will only make your fuel pump flow less than it should be which is not a gud thing. Upgrading to a higher flowing injector & fuel pump is the first thing u want to do to your fuel delivery system, and this is only even necessary when you are flowing significantly more air such as increasing boost to a very high level, bigger turbo, stroker etc..
After keeping quiet for so long... Finally, my friend has something to say... Just a resume of what u're saying.. Even then, u need a management to control the bigger injector... Could be rechip, piggyback, or standalone...

eiril_77

Known Member
Aug 15, 2006
Setiawan/Perak
Depend for what u wanna to upgrade...
Cat-back exhaust system
Decat
Manual Boost Controller, Boost Gauge (optional)
Replace Spark Plugs and check Leads
K&N or Ralliart Panel Filter
Downpipes
Upgraded Intercooler
Replace Stock Blow Off Valve
Hard Piping kit
Fuel Pump such as Walbro or similar
Fuel Controller, Piggy Back or Full ECU
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Removal of MAF and change to MAP with compatible ECU's
Turbo Upgrade
Forged Internals
Larger Fuel Injectors

lets your experience foremen do it for u... it better.....
correct me if I'm wrong.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifu,

I just did a engine transplant from v6 to evo3. I did buy new timing belt set & water pump to my mechanic to change. But the day i going to pick up my car we do test drive and noted boost was only go up to 0.5 seem like can't get higher although in rpm 7K.

Upon checking, we found wastegate diaphgram leaking, then fine coz i willing to change a brand new one. But lastly when almost going home from workshop my car can't start anymore.
And my mechanic angkat head by next...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience