Car valve bent

dreamZz

Known Member
Oct 19, 2006
Hi all sifu,

I just did a engine transplant from v6 to evo3. I did buy new timing belt set & water pump to my mechanic to change. But the day i going to pick up my car we do test drive and noted boost was only go up to 0.5 seem like can't get higher although in rpm 7K.

Upon checking, we found wastegate diaphgram leaking, then fine coz i willing to change a brand new one. But lastly when almost going home from workshop my car can't start anymore.
And my mechanic angkat head by next morning and noted 8 of the valve was bent!! then i told him are you install the timing belt correctly?? he said he did else car can't move and he claimed that the valve bent is because of the leaking wastegate....and this sound weird for me as wastegate only device which release the hot air. Any idea??

Car still in workshop but am quite worries as i spent a lot into my car already...and lot of other mistake he did to my other member car(which exchange engine with me)which i don't want to mention at time being.

ANy idea why my valve suddenly bent?? coz previously it's in good condition which was using by my fren before transplant to my car.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
a faulty wastegate resulting several valves bent? hahaha, how the heck is dat even possible? iam pretty sure it happened during the timing belt installation ler, marking tak betul tu. u either need new valves or, new engine head with good internals

dreamZz

Known Member
Oct 19, 2006
ya bro, did asked few sifu..all of them claimed tht timing belt install not ngam..really sad tht met this foreman..thank for ur opinion bro..

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

i edy bought new valve for him to install now i wonder wil my piston condemn too sigh...

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
his marking might be correct but scare the tension of the belt was not correct thus makes the belt jump...

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

check the tensioner adjustor also..last time i saw this proton club diy change timing belt evo engine if not mistaken did something on his tensioner adjuster thingy but now cant c the pic dy...

dreamZz

Known Member
Oct 19, 2006
hi sifuss...if valve bend, will it effect the piston too?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
at the very least, pistons will scratch. havent met with cracked pistons caused by the same fault, it is possible ke? pistons are robust against high impact imo

dreamZz

Known Member
Oct 19, 2006
ic...jz wonder oni..sigh... is ther anyway to check whether the timing belt marking is correct as later goin to tk car i scare tht fellow pasang timing belt not fit well..scare spoil again my valve

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
but surely the piston now got some "kissing" marks as they met the valve. :biggrin:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
is it harmfull or not depends on how severe it was...

if it just minor dent on the piston face then no worries....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

SUBANG JAYA: A 28-year-old computer engineering assistant, who was hit on the head with a steering wheel lock two days ago, succumbed to his injuries at Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL).

Muhammad Nazri Ismail, who is a member of the Umno Youth branch in Jalan Kenanga, Cheras, died at about 1.30am yesterday. He had a deep gash at the back of the head.

Subang Jaya deputy OCPD Supt Kamal Rosli Skymmar A. Wahab Skymmar said that at 8.30am on Tuesday, the public alerted police that a man had been...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience