Twin turbo 440 What turbo's?

Jul 7, 2010
Boise Idaho
I'm new here so hello everybody. I'm Planning a new project It's a 73 Roadrunner with a 440 automatic that I plan to put twin turbo's on. I have my fuel injection system kind of figured out using a Megasquirt controller and an intake I will make myself. I am very familiar with fuel injection and aftermarket controllers but I am totally blind when it comes to turbo's. Can anybody recommend two turbo's that will work with this motor? my goal is 600-800 hp. I plan to make a stainless steel log style exhaust manifold and keep everything as cheap as possible. This car will just be a weekend street cruizer so it's not going to get alot of miles on it.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
you sir, have a great muscle car!! 2 units of GT45r perhaps? a single unit of dat turbo is able to produce between 700~800hp on an inline 4, shud be responsive on ur big block

SDF, bebolagalasturbo, where are u guys ler?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
I'm new here so hello everybody. I'm Planning a new project It's a 73 Roadrunner with a 440 automatic that I plan to put twin turbo's on. I have my fuel injection system kind of figured out using a Megasquirt controller and an intake I will make myself. I am very familiar with fuel injection and aftermarket controllers but I am totally blind when it comes to turbo's. Can anybody recommend two turbo's that will work with this motor? my goal is 600-800 hp. I plan to make a stainless steel log style exhaust manifold and keep everything as cheap as possible. This car will just be a weekend street cruizer so it's not going to get alot of miles on it.
twin GT30's should do the job up till 800hp
it should easily do 600 on low boost and 800 on high boost

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
This kind of engine only rev to maximum around 6000-7500rpm, the twin gt45r is more like a weight penalty rather than making power. A twin gt4082 is more than enough.... A lot of people now day jump to the holset or BW just make sure it flow more than 45lb/min each and come with at least T4 turbine housing. If you have limited budget go for Twin 50trim/TO4S or similar size BW or Holset with T4 turbine housing, it will keep you busy with wheel spin and transmission upgrade.

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
jo1, i never tot an old version big block wud even get up to 6k safely, my bad den..

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
jo1, i never tot an old version big block wud even get up to 6k safely, my bad den..
hahahaha... The 7 liter engine with a single gt45r would be a monster even it rev up to 6000rpm only:adore: but the TS looking for low budget twin setup... so let me have the gt45r for my rev to the moon engine...:love:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
why not try 2 trust T88-34D???

(*maybe still on the small side considering the engine displacement) :adore:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i guess,if you are going for a budget setup , the GT series and the Trust series is obviously ont he high side

agree with jo1
twin garrett 50 trim should come cheap n get u there too
alternative to garretts would be the PTE turbos
those days PTE used to be based on garretts, bt they no longer do and they are cheaper these days, u may get a sinle 450whp capable turbo for about $599 only

73Roadrunner440TT

Jul 7, 2010
Boise Idaho
I only plan to spin this motor to 5,000 to 6,000 rpm and it will mostly be street driven on the weekends a couple times a month. I prefer to have some room to grow mostly because I am a HP junkie. Do I need a waste gate if I use a BOV? while not knowing anything about turbo's it looks to me that they both do the same thing. Pipe size is an issue because I don't have a whole lot of room to work with in this car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifu here....

Did anyone know where can i buy Fiberglass Material?(Around KL & Selangor)

i wanna DIY bodykit for my car~

wat`s need?

Fiberglass sheet,Rough Cement,Smooth Cement,Glue? And???

Price?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience