Td05 ballbearing

Gtti_LAN

Known Member
Aug 10, 2005
kuala lumpur
jinKL, how much is it.. i kind of keen to have one.. because i really need to reduce lag in my regular td05

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
wow...got people hybrid TD05 to become ball bearing...Why not just get a brand new garrett la...:)

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
wow...got people hybrid TD05 to become ball bearing...Why not just get a brand new garrett la...:)
hehe cos thts the first step , maximize it, upgrade to a 20g fin, maximize it , upgrade to a 25g , thts already 600hp :P

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
There are people out there that wanna maintain a stealthy & stock look.. plus, u dont have to redo intercooler piping, dont need custom header. if wanna race also, still can say "i'm still using TD05 mah, not Garrett GT".

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
aiseh.. hurmm.. right now my full boost is at 4500... got other suggestion??
1 of my old cars, using td05, manage to get full boost by 5000rpm. but with close ratio gearbox, the lag was only noticed in the 1st gear(great for traction). every time shift gear after 1st gear, no lag at all. its full boost every time i shift gear. LOVE IT!

if there's no close ratio gearbox(or something with big final drive) for the engine ur using, and u cant stand the lag, just downgrade to td04 n dont complaint about lack of power. want power but no lag, susah la bro...

yashiofactory

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Bro im using TD05 EVO3 ball bearing 20G i bought it new......direct from singapore not really expensive but its worth it......im using it in my gsr.....damn syiok compared to the "code 47".....if u want it just pm me....i can get it for u :love:

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
hehe cos thts the first step , maximize it, upgrade to a 20g fin, maximize it , upgrade to a 25g , thts already 600hp :P
Nowadays so many things to be mod, even turbo also can mod. From upgrading 20G or 25G to balll bearing hehehe....But my call is to just buy something which is original "ball-bearinged" turbos like Garrett, rather than Hybrid it. Just my 2 cents

There are people out there that wanna maintain a stealthy & stock look.. plus, u dont have to redo intercooler piping, dont need custom header. if wanna race also, still can say "i'm still using TD05 mah, not Garrett GT".
Perhaps different people. different cup of tea. hehehe...But if the TD05 ball bearing is as per Jin's picture, defintely will know it's not a stock turbo. Especially if u let people lilke Jin look at it. Maintaning stock piping and header is achiveable by just changing the turbine housing to 20G...Instant power increase and CFM.

Last edited:

Gtti_LAN

Known Member
Aug 10, 2005
kuala lumpur
thats true tajulsan, i cannot afford to redo my banana and i/c pipes more there is no space anymore..

Bump:
1 of my old cars, using td05, manage to get full boost by 5000rpm. but with close ratio gearbox, the lag was only noticed in the 1st gear(great for traction). every time shift gear after 1st gear, no lag at all. its full boost every time i shift gear. LOVE IT!

if there's no close ratio gearbox(or something with big final drive) for the engine ur using, and u cant stand the lag, just downgrade to td04 n dont complaint about lack of power. want power but no lag, susah la bro...
yes bro, u r correct about the "want power but no lag" ..hehe. I admit i was hoping to get more from my 993cc engine (Forget to mention its a Charade GTti running at 1.6 bar). But you have a point. Thank man.

Uncle9

Nov 3, 2008
Bro im using TD05 EVO3 ball bearing 20G i bought it new......direct from singapore not really expensive but its worth it......im using it in my gsr.....damn syiok compared to the "code 47".....if u want it just pm me....i can get it for u :love:
How much is that bro?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last week, my car's aircond could not work even when I turned it on. There is the sound from the aircond but no air is blowing out. After around like an hour, i started the car again and the aircond worked.

The next day when I was driving the car, I revved the car until 5000rpm and exactly when it reaches 5000rpm, a loud rubber screeching sound is coming out from the engine. I tried doing it for 2 or 3 times and the same thing happens. Later when I stopped my car, I rev the engine again...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience