Subaru expensive to maintain....

Stormvolution 9

Jun 18, 2005
Yeah, with after mkt ECU + dyno tuning de power improved a lot!!! No Joke!!! But i think de very soon i got to get myself a new twin plate clutch!!! Hahaha... :regular_smile: Cos @ 3rd gear onward with 5000rpm... It kinda slip!!! And am not sure de ori. clutch can last me how long... hehehe...

WRX STI, hey fren u changed an after mkt ECU too? What ECU u r using? Am on de HKS F-Con SZ!!! And is boosting 1.45bar!!! Very responsive... Pretty good no complaint... Jus de FC r bad!!! Haha... CHeers!! :_:

white_bird said:
sorry borrow this thread n ask a bit.. does gc8 sti produce clearer bubble sound than the GDB wrx???
im wit GC8...bubble sound is clear...some of my frens in subaru club mentioned tat GD series bubble sound is not tat clear compare to GC8....unless u change the extractor...

corect me if im wrong

Stormvolution 9

Jun 18, 2005
Scooby fans,

Hey, my dad came hom with my Scooby disc rotor burnt!!! :shocked: LoLz... Suprised Suprised!!! According to him, after few round of hard breaking he felt something wasnt right!!! Then v sent de car for checking n de rotor is burnt!!! Actually I hv change de rotor to Endless 6 slotted rotor together with Endless 0-300 celcious pad... Really do not know what cause de burnt?!! 'Rotor burnt' = de rotor change color, to black, as if it went through very high heat treatment!!!

So now change de pad to Endless 0-500 celcious for de front n 0-300 celcious for de rear brake by using back de ori rotor (which hv been skimmed - like brand new!). As for de Endless rotor, now sent in for skimming as well... Will try again once it's ready... By matching it with de 0-500 pad... Jus wanna to find out what cause it!!!

Anyone any idea??? Thx!!! :regular_smile:

boostmasta

Jan 13, 2006
Hey Storm, where do you tune your HKS F-Con Ecu?? How much does it cost to purchase and for each tune session? Does the tuning cost include dyno?

What other aftermarket ECUs do you guys use on your scoobies? Where do you tune?

Stormvolution 9

Jun 18, 2005
boostmasta,

Hi fren, Happy CNY to u!!! I tuned my car @ Aerothech in Nilai... Am a very good fren to Rennei Khoo!!! But lately, they r more into selling dyno machine (authorise dealer for USA brand - Dynojet) than tuning... De F-Con SZ including hardness is ad RM3,800 n de dyno tune cost ard RM1,200 all in... Might need a 2nd dyno tune in 1-2 mths time as myself wil add some new stuffs into de Scooby (CNY present for de car - LoLz)...

Besides Aerotech, u can try F-One in Aman Suria!!! Lately i did services for my others cars there... De mechanic there no bad too!!! Seen lotsa Scooby serviced n tuned there too... N heard from Adam (de owner), he is bringing in dyno machine soon!!! Besides, this F-One shop oso offer lotsa super price Advan Neova tyres + all other Yokohama range...

As for ur 2nd Q, what ECU u need to use or choose to use is actually depends on what HP ur car really aim at!!! If jus normal mild mod (full exhuast system, cams, air intake n etc) its ok to use piggy bag ECU such as F-Con SZ, E-manage, STi ECU n etc... If u r aiming for 450HP( where u might need to change to a bigger Turbo kit, Stroker kit n etc) n above, then u need a stand alone ECU such as F-Con V Pro, MoTec M800 n etc...

It is not to say tht u cant used a stand alone ECU for a mild mod car... U can stil use or choose it, its just tht u wil not able to fully utilize de fuctions tht those ECU r able to offer as de level of de modification do not need it... in other words, waste of $$$...

Cheers!!!

boostmasta

Jan 13, 2006
THansk for the reply Storm and Happy CNY to you to!!!

Where's Aman Suria? (F-One)

It is very vital to have professional tuners capable in setting and tuning aftermarket ECUs otherwise it would cause more damage and money than good afterall.

I think i the end its safer to either remap the ori ECU or a piggy bag becasue the safety parameters are not touched and intact on the ori ECU unlike stand alones which require very good and experienced tuners.

Stormvolution 9

Jun 18, 2005
Aman Suria (F-One)- Jus ard Dataran Prima Or Bay Watch, PJ!!! Or u can try to call Adam (owner) @ 012 2014 939! I think he wil b able to give more advise rgding ECU n tuning, cos he is de pro!!!! Hahaha... Cheers!

D16power

May 27, 2005
hi guys..im newbie in d subaru world..juz wonder if u guys can recommend some good subaru workshop in KL/selangor area? thats my main concern on getting a good subaru mechanic....thanks

hi..
i just wanted to know something..
i wanted to change only my muffler to replace my sflow stock muffler..
thinking of changing to dflow muffler..
im not looking for performance..
but only looking for better looking muffler and the sound and of course similar fc to the stock muffler..
would it be possible guys?
i dont care about the power..
only want the sound,because i kinda like heavy sounds..
thankss