Subaru expensive to maintain....

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
there is one in permas. abh racing or something like that. never been there but always see many subaru's there.

dinox

Apr 12, 2006
Dear all sifus, wonder if the current Subaru forestor using the ej20 turbo can use ron95 petrol ?

del

Known Member
Jul 15, 2007
i always dream of driving a subaru. for my kinda lifestyle and the income i earn, i can afford to buy a subaru version 2 second hand. but i always have the fear of

difficult to finding spare parts
price for spare parts is expensive
petrol consumtion is high
resale value

with all this kinda fears, am i better off sticking to my current toyota corolla AE100 (4age) instead?. i hope someone here can let me know how is it like to own and maintain a subaru. i hope i can get a honest answer instead from the sales guy who is trying to sell his subaru off (everything also ok... spare parts easy, cheap low consumtion).

:frown:
Bro... simple, good thinngs no cheap,cheap things no good... but owning 1 n driving it..... satisfaction

awitgg

Known Member
Dec 19, 2005
Dont think too hard, take it easy, go buy one and everything should be fine...

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Heard from my bro,his bos bought this limited edition subaru round headlamp type..
didn't know over-boost thingy ,the car easily reach 180km/h...
Then one day the car engine noisy,find many mechanic can't solve problem, change engine oil also the same thing.. End up fix in Singapore and found the piston crack i think,cost 20k(suppose to be Malaysian ringgit)..i forget many details dy..:biggrin:

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
The subaru is a really solid made car. Service it on time and with good lubricants, your car will serve you well. Look at the amount of gc8's running and you will know. The only downside is the FC cause of the heavy turbo car running full-time AWD. But this is to be expected.

The archilles heel of the scoobie is the conrod bearings. But as long you dont touch the internals and service it on time. It wont be of any problem.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey there all sifu sifus... :)
wats the differents between a VR4(200hp),vr4(220hp) vr4 RS(240hp) by the looks??..how can i noe wat type of vr4 just by the looks?...thank you all!! :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience