stripping and repaint

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I got a quote for my kancil, strip down paint on the whole car & respray costs close to rm4k.
RM1.5k not stripped loh! Sand , putty and spray only....:smokin:
Yup, no sand to bare metal. Sand to bare metal and strip everything to respray aint cheap.
Is like having your car resprayed at factory quality. Chassis alone and spray

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
diy strip the paint..hahaha..then send to shop respray..if i the one who doing the diy..while strip 1 panel the other panel that have been strip will be rusty already..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
diy strip the paint..hahaha..then send to shop respray..if i the one who doing the diy..while strip 1 panel the other panel that have been strip will be rusty already..
Rusty already just spray lacquer over it. New rust look.....hahhahahahha:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Good stuff not cheap, cheap stuff no good.
Good service/worksmanship not cheap.
if no marney, but have time.....then DIY.

If no marney, and no time, and faint-hearted person, then please dont do anything.
Scared after that, half baked, half ass incomplete & cacat project. Then selling everything half-price, lost interest, abandon project, family, girlfren complaint, etc.:biggrin: Mudah.com got many cases as such.

The TS must have watched plenty of Astro program like _Pimp my Ride, etc. Kena poison edi?

I dont mean to shoot anyone here. but please consider carefully before doing such task.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

just use those etching primer. That would stop rust.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Wao, how was the work? Let share some picture here :)
the paint on my kancil is very bad....my mechanic suggested to change all bodyparts, bumpers, doors, fenders, rear boot etc with another 660/850 model that costs less than rm600 then proceed with normal spraying of rm1.5k to a total off rm2/2.1k.

at least better than spending rm4k.

have not done the spraying yet.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Rusty already just spray lacquer over it. New rust look.....hahhahahahha:rofl:
Seens some ppl just make their front bonnet rusty. I wonder why.. I mean in a long run wont the rusty bonnet end up with holes? since rust is like a cancer to cars.

the paint on my kancil is very bad....my mechanic suggested to change all bodyparts, bumpers, doors, fenders, rear boot etc with another 660/850 model that costs less than rm600 then proceed with normal spraying of rm1.5k to a total off rm2/2.1k.

at least better than spending rm4k.

have not done the spraying yet.
Like that better get Mira Bumpers, doors, fenders and rear boot. One whole set would cost around RM600 also can find bro. Better than getting the stock OEM bodyparts :rofl:

Why change rear boot? The heater all gone is it? Same as mine. When doing tint, the guy told me my heat lines on the glass all broken....so I got no heating function to use. Ask before have to change the whole rear bonnet but already tinted :bawling:

Mine also bad condition ma Danz :rofl: Bumper lots of knocked stretched marks

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Seens some ppl just make their front bonnet rusty. I wonder why.. I mean in a long run wont the rusty bonnet end up with holes? since rust is like a cancer to cars.

Like that better get Mira Bumpers, doors, fenders and rear boot. One whole set would cost around RM600 also can find bro. Better than getting the stock OEM bodyparts :rofl:

Why change rear boot? The heater all gone is it? Same as mine. When doing tint, the guy told me my heat lines on the glass all broken....so I got no heating function to use. Ask before have to change the whole rear bonnet but already tinted :bawling:

Mine also bad condition ma Danz :rofl: Bumper lots of knocked stretched marks
Probably they don't care. Rust thru' probably change the bonnet.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Probably they don't care. Rust thru' probably change the bonnet.....:biggrin:
BUt it looks like a design :rofl: Other parts of the body all nicely painted. Except the whole bonnet looks like it was made rusty on purpose :hmmmm:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point

there is one of the Mighty Car Mod episode where there is a car that is made wit rusty bodypart didn't remember which 1 though.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Next time take closer look see got lacquer or not? If have, then on purpose.....:biggrin:
Means they sand it then apply only lacquer on it? It doesn't have any gloss or shine on it. Totally like a beat up car :rofl:

there is one of the Mighty Car Mod episode where there is a car that is made wit rusty bodypart didn't remember which 1 though.
Last time use to watch Pimp My Ride. That show is not bad but some pimp until like ah beng car LOL!

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Let's do it on our kancil. Including Danz one since his one more beat up than mine he said :rofl:
rusty is still no no, if got will neutralize (can't remember the correct term) it & just spray lacquer over it & yes will do half black like trueno using cheap paint first. btw, initial d's final stage is really exciting, like always a single battle can drag more than 1 episode. watching the 2 latest episode edi mgiving me the shivers inside. how will takumin handle the pressure??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi...just purchased a momo gear knob (golf ball design) and trying to fit onto kancil gear. original kancil knob is screw on. when i bought it first n tried 2 fit it, used the supplied rubber adapter and then put the knob on top, some of the grooves on the inside of the knob were a bit worn out and couldnt screw properly. so took it back 2 brothers and after going through 2 or 3 knobs, 1 was not too bad. i decided to ask them to install it 4 me. the guy did it and it was alright, but if try...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience