MOMO gear knob problem...

bsm

Aug 15, 2005
W.P.
hi...just purchased a momo gear knob (golf ball design) and trying to fit onto kancil gear. original kancil knob is screw on. when i bought it first n tried 2 fit it, used the supplied rubber adapter and then put the knob on top, some of the grooves on the inside of the knob were a bit worn out and couldnt screw properly. so took it back 2 brothers and after going through 2 or 3 knobs, 1 was not too bad. i decided to ask them to install it 4 me. the guy did it and it was alright, but if try to turn it can turn a bit, then 2day i went to another accessory shop and asked them if they can do anything 2 tighten it and they screwed up the whole thing, took out, removed the rubber, tried using black wire tape...blah blah, then the constant removal of the screws caused the grooves to wear out again, now im back using the stock knob and gonna go n change it again at brothers. anyone has any idea on how to fix the knob securely onto the stick without it having to move??

thanks.

bsm

Aug 15, 2005
W.P.
hahah....damn...no way man. rm400 bucks. crazy. if i was driving a rm200k car then maybe yeah...

bsm

Aug 15, 2005
W.P.
hmmm guess ill have to. was just wondering if anyone here using momo knob and had d same problem and had any solutions.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
hi...just purchased a momo gear knob (golf ball design) and trying to fit onto kancil gear. original kancil knob is screw on. when i bought it first n tried 2 fit it, used the supplied rubber adapter and then put the knob on top, some of the grooves on the inside of the knob were a bit worn out and couldnt screw properly. so took it back 2 brothers and after going through 2 or 3 knobs, 1 was not too bad. i decided to ask them to install it 4 me. the guy did it and it was alright, but if try to turn it can turn a bit, then 2day i went to another accessory shop and asked them if they can do anything 2 tighten it and they screwed up the whole thing, took out, removed the rubber, tried using black wire tape...blah blah, then the constant removal of the screws caused the grooves to wear out again, now im back using the stock knob and gonna go n change it again at brothers. anyone has any idea on how to fix the knob securely onto the stick without it having to move??
thanks.
Can't help but noticed..

bsm

Aug 15, 2005
W.P.
hmmm. anyone know which shop might have a better stock of replica momo knobs?

JERRY_VR4

1,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
buy a geniune 1 lah, it's worth.. i've change few type model oredi nv get any problem. replica 1 ? use can last 2 yrs u can thanks for the god , let's dun talk abt the grooves worn out, the color always drop & chrome being grey. rather using our stock 1...

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Its not d matter of cheap or u can afford onot...its bout quality, surability n longlasting....if u buy cheap gearknob but failed many times den u know y its cheap n u hav 2 buy again n again...den it may cost more than d ori... IMHO think 1st b4 u buy pirates item n b a smart consumer...:burnout:

JERRY_VR4

1,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
Its not d matter of cheap or u can afford onot...its bout quality, surability n longlasting....if u buy cheap gearknob but failed many times den u know y its cheap n u hav 2 buy again n again...den it may cost more than d ori... IMHO think 1st b4 u buy pirates item n b a smart consumer...:burnout:
Yup i totally agree .. rather buy another brand oso better thn replica.. good thing's never been cheap. momo item really worth to buy.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

someone told me... hot air come out from back mean something wrong with the engine tuning, maybe ECU.
plz tell me more about this..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience