Spare parts availability...

Johnyblze

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
perth,WA & Subang Jaya
Visit site
[PIMPIN];3534264 said:
He traded it for a wife and kids I believe :biggrin:
i did the same. But i got an ER34 4 door instead. Now i minus 1 wife!! hahahha so r34gtr...coming soon.......

I love the skylines...i always wanna buy or will buy a skyline or life.. If the Stagea masuk to KL..sure i will buy..

As for parts...Malaysia Boleh bro!!!:idea::idea:

Last edited:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Nismo, at the risk of sounding idealistic (and naive), if im lucky enough to own a skyline, most likely i'd like to keep it for as long as possible. you see all these old datsuns and minis running around, i sometimes wonder if they still use original spare parts - and these are more than 30 year old cars. In the future, would skyline prove to be a "classic" car that transcends time - thus will always have the support structure that keeps it running on the streets?

Just off tangent a bit, what would be the circumstances where you would actually part with ur dearly beloved (the car i mean heheheh)? Some reasons that i've read in this forum:

1. car stolen
2. wife nag ;)
3. growing family - MPV required
4. ....

i guess my so called concern/question is...how long would you keep the car? :)
When it comes to family issues, it is very complicated as wife always against their HB getting a HOT looking sports car because of those "bees" out there!! Hee hee heee...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: As for growing family, most of us (I am referring those are married) keep the Skyline as a weekend ride and we do have another daily ride to work....:itsme:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Gobiz...what did u trade ur skyline with? and what was the circumstances for u?
Had to go overseas for an extended period....

[PIMPIN];3534264 said:
He traded it for a wife and kids I believe :biggrin:
Actually, Skylines are such superb cars that it's practical even for wife and kids!! The rear seats are roomy (R33 and R34) and the boot is large. No problem for long trips for wife and 2 kids I'd say, even 3 kids. :biggrin:

Parts can be ordered fast from the internet. Its the stupid CUSTOM department that hold, charge and ask bribe for it. thypical govt servant mentality!!
This one you need to have patience and wits.... If you look at custom tariffs, engine parts can only be charged 10% duty from value if I'm not mistaken.

But just slowly say to the custom officer, this is for personal use as your kereta just rosak wan...they wouldn't know what it was anyway, unless they also drive a Skyline.

I ordered a few parts before, although it was a hassle going down to Sepang but it was okay when I just picked up the parts without having to pay tax.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
This one you need to have patience and wits.... If you look at custom tariffs, engine parts can only be charged 10% duty from value if I'm not mistaken.

Not so sure about that ... Last I heard (from several occasions) were 30% + 5% for engine, and 20% + 5% for accesories ... :hmmmm::mad:

And the shittest part is, they include the shipping charges as part of the tax package ... What sort of dumb-arse condition is that ... No wonder the system here is so screwed deep up in shits, it takes a deepwater oil-rig to drill to it ... :mad:

S

semperfi

Had to go overseas for an extended period....

Actually, Skylines are such superb cars that it's practical even for wife and kids!! The rear seats are roomy (R33 and R34) and the boot is large. No problem for long trips for wife and 2 kids I'd say, even 3 kids. :biggrin:

But just slowly say to the custom officer, this is for personal use as your kereta just rosak wan...they wouldn't know what it was anyway, unless they also drive a Skyline.

I ordered a few parts before, although it was a hassle going down to Sepang but it was okay when I just picked up the parts without having to pay tax.
Mine don't work well with the customs. They know my company name and my name!! Sonnovabitch! They'll call up my office and say, " Kita (ask reintel to tell you more about kita) punya barang sudah sampai, ditahan."

Just how many tahans are there?? First in KL (di tahan) and KK (di tahan verbally). I cannot tahan man... Also, " Kita mau tunggu paling kurang 3 minggu kalau mau bayar tax, Kalau mau keluar cepat, kit pandai-pandai lah."

I used to ask a buddy of mine back at States to ship my old gears back. "Ditahan" again! WTF?? Those were my stuffs for goodness sake. I told them they were mine but to no avail. "Kita tenggok la amacam... kena bikin paperwork... mau tunggu paling lama satu bulan." Their words against mine! :mad:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Mine don't work well with the customs. They know my company name and my name!! Sonnovabitch! They'll call up my office and say, " Kita (ask reintel to tell you more about kita) punya barang sudah sampai, ditahan."

Just how many tahans are there?? First in KL (di tahan) and KK (di tahan verbally). I cannot tahan man... Also, " Kita mau tunggu paling kurang 3 minggu kalau mau bayar tax, Kalau mau keluar cepat, kit pandai-pandai lah."

I used to ask a buddy of mine back at States to ship my old gears back. "Ditahan" again! WTF?? Those were my stuffs for goodness sake. I told them they were mine but to no avail. "Kita tenggok la amacam... kena bikin paperwork... mau tunggu paling lama satu bulan." Their words against mine! :mad:
It sound familiar bro...mine worst...they called me up and told me that they are on the way to my office to deliver my order, as they know what business I am in and wanted some free goodies and do some shopping in my warehouse!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Aiyoh! Sorry to hear such nasty stories...

I think cmng rate is correct.

But, are you guys using company name to import?
Also do you use freight/shipping company to import? Which one?

Firstly, company name definitely cannot avoid tax, because they consider the parts for trade purposes.

Freight/shipping companies are also no use, they will charge for their service and also put it through customs...

Last time when my parts arrive, I got a letter saying whether I want to appoint any shipping/freight agents... I said no, I will come in person.

Yes, agree that customs tax calculations are idiotic...just like cars, when you import, the tax value INCLUDES insurance and shipping costs! :mad: The tax will then multiply using the tax value....so basically we are paying tax on the car AND the insurance AND the shipping!!!

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Ok, I'm not trying to be funny here but is this something new? Is it because you guys bring in items in bulk or would single items also be subject to the same conditions. Cause I've had items shipped many times and through the stupid cargo center in KLIA and so far so good. I did not nominate a shipping agent nor did I use company name. Just used my name, said its a gift and then :dontknow:

Cause this is making me re-consider items from RIPS if taxed to death.

S

semperfi

[PIMPIN];3535731 said:
Ok, I'm not trying to be funny here but is this something new? Is it because you guys bring in items in bulk or would single items also be subject to the same conditions. Cause I've had items shipped many times and through the stupid cargo center in KLIA and so far so good. I did not nominate a shipping agent nor did I use company name. Just used my name, said its a gift and then :dontknow:

Cause this is making me re-consider items from RIPS if taxed to death.
KL should be alright I guess as they have just too many clients to handle! But not in KK. It's a small community here and they practically know who is who. My mistake was to pay the under table money initially and that could probably be the root to my countless "ditahan" parcels.

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
I agree. KK is such a small community. I'm sorry to say lah, but most of the CUSTOM are west Malaysian, so half of them looking for money to buy ticket home every month! I just got lucky that my stuff is sent straight to my office without hassle as I work in GLC of a university. Kira kawan2!! Not sure if i start buying bigger parts?

Hate CUSTOM ppl!! Hate JPJ redundant work!!..

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
I agree. KK is such a small community. I'm sorry to say lah, but most of the CUSTOM are west Malaysian, so half of them looking for money to buy ticket home every month! I just got lucky that my stuff is sent straight to my office without hassle as I work in GLC of a university. Kira kawan2!! Not sure if i start buying bigger parts?

Hate CUSTOM ppl!! Hate JPJ redundant work!!..
Yeap, you are 100% correct! Those JPJ are useless, once the director is on leave or out for "seminar", the whole dept are down and jam! Those ma jai just tell you that "boss tiada so tidak dapat approval loh"...WTF??!!:mad: :mad: :mad: Same thing happen last time when the director is away for meeting in KL and all the new car waiting to be register are all piled up for more than a week!! This is what you called, got money also useless.....
Custom even worst, when some of your documents are not in order and you ask where to obtain it, they just told you "pergi cari senderi lah" OMG....:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm: Aren't we as a tax payer and their salary come from us, shouldn't we to be treated more polite and nice way??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I guess this is so called "Malaysia Boleh"....:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

A

azmir1

I'm curious. U guys are talking about bringing parts.

1. What parts?
2. Are they available here locally?
3. I presume it's cheaper to import, how much cheaper?

Bump: I'm curious. U guys are talking about bringing parts.

1. What parts?
2. Are they available here locally?
3. I presume it's cheaper to import, how much cheaper?

S

semperfi

Depending on what item you're looking at and not all items from the internet are cheap either. You've gotta ask around locally and compare the prices with the ones sold online. I once asked locally for the price of a set of Nismo LCD tail lights and that person quoted me RM4k++. I got mine online with tax included for RM31**. As for HKS products I rather get them online as there are too many fakes sold locally. Just my 2 cents.

It's simple, I ask locally beforehand and then compare them with the ones sold in Japan. For used and in mint condition parts, I ask Eyong to source out for me and I get it off him.
Eyong's price are very reasonable compared to the rest.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Seen a few EG/EH some with "long" radiator and some with "short" radiator

Can i know why is it so? which is stock and which is modify or swap from other car?

which is better ?

thanks again sifu
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience