reduce "subsidies on existing " , voice up ur opinion.

WJL8229

Known Member
Feb 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hey friends ,
what do u think about "kurangkan subsidi kerajaan " , this few days there is alot of discussion on this matter even the discussion share with majority of the rakyat Malaysia .

reduce Subsidies on existing items (sugar , petrol , etc item/bills ) , from my point of view reducing subsidies is good to ensure that Rakyat can enjoy more facilities on EDUCATION , TRANSPORTATION , HEALTHY as well boost up economic as per our mission n vision of 2020 I believe there is always positif n negatif , increase petrol n other items .Reduce tax on the import cars as well reduce service Tax or increase rakyat salary no matter in private or Gov sectors so that Rakyat can reduce the impact on the increasing ..:adore:
last time when on 90s , salary around RM1,500 is enought to live in City like Kuala Lumpur , but nowdays RM 1,500 is not enought for a living , as per my calculation RM 2,000 is cukup cukup only .
last time roti canai kosong 50C now 80c even RM 1 , i know every year they are increasing on daily item including food even other items . :bawling:
sometimes did u do any calculation on ur daily / monthly expenses + with ur monthly repayment - with ur current salary , some plp maybe is enough and some are totally not enough even they need to works part time as a income support for daily living. i still remember last time advertising on "Bijak Penguna " now I think it wont help so much due to increasing of cost .how much u can save ? how long it can help ? .:hmmmm:

whats is ur opinion on it ? , sometimes my voice is just a small voice which maybe cant be hear but i want to share with everybody about my opinion. there is always no correct or wrong ...but just want to hear other forum friends voice and opinion . :itsme:

WJL8229

Known Member
Feb 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
saya agree.....or else we also in doom....
GOV so try to revise the salary according to the currenlty market.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Most goods prices are based on demand (except some controlled item). The retail price is set based on demand. The marketing strategy is to study the demand and set the price so that the company can make the most money. Simple example:

Roti canai shop. The cost of making a piece of roti is about RM0.15 (some even less), including gas but excluding labor. If they sell at RM1 but the selling volume still the same as selling Rm0.50, why not?

Actually I got few more example but due to my time is limited at the moment, so cut it short.

The economy ecosystem will be balance up itself. If average income in certain area is like RM1500, all the ecosystem supporting elements will match the income, if no other external element to mess up the system. I can see the problem in Malaysia nowadays that stopping the ecosystem to be back to natural from artificial:

1. Corruption - Due to heavy corruption for the past decades, and many scandal just close case without giving a fair judgment, rakyat has lost their trust towards the gov on how to use the country's money and would not like to let their piece as those corruption parties can still remain their portion (maybe expanding).

2. Pressure from business men (big businessmen) - Removing the subsidies will make them have to reduce the profit margin in order to survive in the business. If they don't reduce the profit margin, and the rakyat cannot spend money, they will have problem.

3. Land/shop/house properties owner/investors/developers - They are having good time all the while in Malaysia. If cut the subsidies, they have to cut their selling price/rental so that their building/land got people to buy/rent. Of cause, it depends on location. But anyhow, they will be forced to reduce the profit margin for short future new investment till the economy back to normal and start going up again.

4. Tukang cari contract - No need to say, their labor for 'adjust-adjust' will be reduced as all company will need to cut cost.

5. a lot more and likely will be endless. Stop here.

As a general people who work as an employee, We actually don't need to worry so much if we can manage our wallet smart enough. Use upper head to think more will still able to live well. Got manual boost controller sell cheap cheap don't want, only put the eye on the latest release of e-boost, apply to all other thing, sure increase salary FOR 200% ALSO NOT ENOUGH. Look at the price of the reduction of subsidies, you can ask yourselves how much sugar, oil and etc you consume every month? If the restaurant increase price, can you spend yourselves 1 hour everyday to prepare food for yourselves? Electricity bill expensive? Can live with fan or not? or without AC will kill you? Fuel price raise, why not to offer/join your neighbor/colleague to share the cost?

Talk until tomorrow also cannot finish. The few main things that are important as below:

- Control your spending. Lives within means. If barang gatal, cuba picik ia kuat-kuat.
- Improve productivity. Work harder and smarter can bring more job security. Pay raise also more power.
- Plan for the future - You need to plan ahead for everything. If you think your work place is far and you plan to work there for more than 5 years, then you should consider to move somewhere nearer or at least can take bus/LRT to reach, without the need of using a car.
- No more excuses for downgrading - If your salary not enough to sustain your current lifestyle, should make a new plan (ZTH got many consultant FOC :burnout: ). You should struggle to make money, not struggle to keep something that drain off your money.
-and etc

If got chance to participate some survey or anything regarding the country, tell them you want transparent, fair and justice, else you will vote the opposition political party regardless. Gather all of our votes and make them use their power to straighten up everything. This is what we call the power of people. Those who go out for riot or rally is just a show for making certain people to get rich easier without the need of working hard. I'm sure I don't want to become a so hai keh leh fay actor (no name supporting actor).

Although our current prime minister and deputy doing quite well. But it doesn't mean that we have to give away our vote to those useless MP candidates. We should only vote for a person who can help. Like the one who fck up for kahwin dua, based on his records, we should vote the other party regardless they put cow to compete. By this way, political parties will not dare to put those useless people in the election because got relationship or money.

Now is just starting. The change that brought by our PM will need a lot more time to implement and even more time to be able to see the result. This will be the only way that Malaysia can get out from a dead end road. Those perkasa people are using us to sustain or expanding their personal wealth. Their direction will only lead us to those day's Indonesia, which has rich people that being too rich and poor people being too poor. If we really wanna help ourselves, we should work hard and make more friends.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
If corruption is rectified, i don't mind give up my subsidy to help more lower income people... but if money goes into asshole's pocket then tell them go fxxk themselves...

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
everybody wants the piece of the cake. even those rich people somehow they really know they actually can strive for themselves and they end up using the subsidy much more than the lower income group. somehow maybe the subsidy did not reach the targeted people and thus all "sapu" by the rich where they got more knowledge and cable.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I don't mind if they do away with the subsidy....but the government also need to change itself..

WJL8229

Known Member
Feb 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
agree with CSL ... but hor ......how much cost for a dinner of two ( cook at home ) ? RM 10 ? RM 20 ? or RM 30 ? .....i just want you to know no matter u buy food or vege at pasar malam , pasar pagi even tesco RM 10 enough for only 1 dinner ? what about a cost for you to eat at mamak ? RM 10 enought for 2 plp ? i just want to let u know nowdays no matter u cook or makan at mamak the cost almost same .......

sometimes work hard and think smart also good , but works hard and think smart also need to find a extra income to support their daily expenses ..... see consultant also no use ....u just ask them only 1 question .....current salary enought ? did u did something for extra income ? they also need to survive ....how can a consultant give a consult if they also facing a same problem like us....u know why ...cos we living in same enviroment ......

as per my training conduct a research on the current enviroment ....salary RM 5k cukup makan if got only 1 loan +1 children ( not including personal expenses ). RM 2k++ only cukup cukup for plp which have 1 loan ( kereta / rumah ) ( not including personal expenses ) .for those without any liabilities RM 2k maybe cukup cukup makan only cos ( daily expenses sudah mau pakai separuh liao of salary ) .....nowdays insurance (e.a 1 medical cards ) izzit enought to cover ur hospitallity in future ? at least 2 medical cards to cover a person cos cost of medical increase at least 20% a year ....unless u pergi hospital kerajaan ...then cheap cheap lo..(kena beratur .angkat number).

nowdays alot plp work 2 shift ( 1 is full time + 1 is part time ) for their survivor ....if only 1 salary how much u can save and how long it take you there ......

simple question ( u can try ).
1). i just ask urself how much u earn currently monthly ( keep it secret )
2) how much ur daily expense ( keep it secret ).
3) how much u need to pay for ur loan ( kereta / rumah ) .
4) then ur Q2+ Q3 then minus with Q1 . how much u will get ? ( keep it secret)
5) then set urself of target on ur dream car ( japanese car )...( keep it secret ) .
6) how much u need to save to buy ur dream car ?1 / 2 / 5 / 8 or 10 year ....
7) then what happen with ur dream car that time ?

i just ask u 1Q : to get ur dream car u must not sick / harga barang jgn naik / said no to your extra expenses .....e.a travelling..

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

what i said is my opinion and not against some plp ....if my words is heavy sorry that hope didnt keep in ur heart

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
What you said is kinda true, but we mist live positively... strive hard and also change the gov's wrongdoings with our tiny power... just don't give up and keep doing then one day you will see the difference... cheers...:proud::proud:

jpoplover

7,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2009
Nilai
""“And when are we going to stop subsidising the G?”

Last edited:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
From my point of view, giving up our 'piece' 1st will be the best way. kick the ball back to themselves. They cannot say they protect the rakyat and ask for subsidies but actually earn the money from subsidies and sell the product based on market demand price.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Bro CSL, they already doing it lah, look at sime darby, plus, petronas and many more glc... if you kick the ball back they wallop it... I believe many willing to give up subsidy but under one condition which is clean govt... ask them to bulldozed khir's palace first before talk to rakyat...:thefinger:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
If we accept the reduction of subsidies, big company like them have to adjust themselves to suit the environment. If not, the chief officer series of people have to face the pressure from share holders regarding the profit margin drop and continue to drop. Actually a lot of people among themselves are waiting to sit on the chair so secret will difficult to be kept nowadays. The multimedia war was launch few years back. So many scandal exposed is not without reason.

What I can predict is, they will 1st raise the price to test the market. Then adjust the price accordingly later. If we die die also don't let go our urge or pride, we will become more skinny but they will remain fat. Need to learn smart consuming. If they refuse to change, then new player will come in for sure because other company will expand their product range to maintain the profit after raw material subsidies reduction. If not the existing of Vico, you think we can still have RM2x per tin of Milo? If die hard, they will become like Overtine. Of cause, the workers no need to panic, new player would like to have skilled workers and also like to know more about the competitors business strategy.

We need to surfer 1st for sure. If we can tahan more than 2 years, our future will be totally different. This is the chance to rewrite our fate. If we lost it, We will forever become slaves of those rich or politically powerful people.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ever wonder when you will really get your ass screwed by the most unsuspecting person?

A greedy uncle who help tow my car to the nearest shop gave me just that, a damn RM500 BILL!!! EPIC RAGE on my part when i saw that number.

This is a damn crime against a person who only need a small favour, and i would gladly pay the fee of the proper RM150 cost!!! Damn im pissed, isn't there any other way i can settle this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience