reduce "subsidies on existing " , voice up ur opinion.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
FS
u get company claim for entertaining client rite? who asked to over entertained your client go karaoke? sure not enuff laa :P

HBS
mine everyday pure highway driving ma...thats why save...if last time I work KL struggle abit with the FC cos too many gear change...now? 5th or 6th gear ony except the 4 traffic light that I'll eventually hit red...hhahahaha

WJL8229

Known Member
Feb 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hey guys today i saw a news paper regarding that day they mention that 2019 malaysia will goin to bankrupt...actually its wrong which comfirm by another minister in PM dept. he is the person who know what happen in G .i forgot jor dia punya nama..hahaha....

yesterday i see a NTV7 about debate on the issue...as well they do mention that G temporary only use 7% of their money for subsidi and the balance of 77% to generate a new project as well cover some G company .... i still remember G borrow 1 billion from KWSP.until now news mention they refund the money to KWSP.

i heard G taking over the malaysian sugar company......patutlah
last time maybank is a chinese bank own by private company which similiar with Public bank .
last time SIME Darby is a chinese company now they become a G company...

i wonder after this G want to take over which company ...ermmmm maybe Genting ,ioi group ,YTL or other company ?

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Every move has a reason. It is not you say wanna buy and people must sell to you. The reason might be a business strategy, which allow the original owner has more resource to expand the business or penetrate into other sector to help to push up the economical growth. Not to forget, The share value will boosted a bit if it is backed by the gov. It is not as simple as those people talk in kopitiam like what you mention above, or the opposition's talk that attempt to miss lead people.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
gomen should concentrate on running the country and stay out of all business related dealings. too much conflict of interest that leads to opportunities for corruption...money corrupts very very easily...

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
All countries are the same, tax money is not enough to run a country. Must have business. That's why there is a term called GLC, gov linked company. Except you are willing to pay more than 50% tax on everything and no more RM1 hospital and other benefit, including free school. We cannot expect a little bit change can dramatically change the whole country over night. No one can absorb the shock, be it direct or indirectly (that's why a lot of people make noise when talk about removing subsidies, even by little bit). Now is a start. We can only opt for support or not. If it fail, means that the 'split the meat strategy' is the only way to continue to hold the power and we will continue the past decades way of manage the country and will be left behind by other countries in Asia in 2-3 decades later. It is all depends on the average rakyat's mind.

Put an example, all people also know if don't allow the football bet to be legalized, people can still bet on internet or via puki. If legalized, the gov can earn some income. End of the day, money will be spend on us as well, be it 0.01% or 100%. But, there are also plenty of people attempt to stop it. I don't blame them if related to politic war or hidden political agenda (grab this opportunity to get some chips and nego with the gov for some contracts) . But if for normal people like us, I can just say they are stupid because rather let puki + ah long to earn money also don't want free money flow into own pocket. From this issue, we can know how 'kampung' peoples are. If this fail, I guess the best way for the future is to leave Malaysia no doubt. Because the voters really don't know how to differentiate what is good or bad. What they care is something sweat to hear and leave the problem to the next generation. Wait till no more natural resource to support the economy + other chain effect and people will have to sell ass to earn a living. I'm not a A.H. bandit but all other countries people most likely will enjoy it.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
but other countries GLC arent run by the same ministers directly...there'll always be a conflict of interest when decision makers are also the law makers. there'll always be a chance for decision makers to change the laws to suit their companies. GLCs should be run as a normal PTE company would be but and PnL being transparent. we dont have that and thats y many are complaining...

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
but other countries GLC arent run by the same ministers directly...there'll always be a conflict of interest when decision makers are also the law makers. there'll always be a chance for decision makers to change the laws to suit their companies. GLCs should be run as a normal PTE company would be but and PnL being transparent. we dont have that and thats y many are complaining...

In Malaysia, no need to change the law to suit the business. Everyone is beyond good, everything can be 'adjusted'. It is actually quite easy to make big money and it is no discrimination when we talk about big business. But this is also the weak point when we apply to efficiency and market development. If we fully follow the strictness of western country, we will lost our traditional value. If we follow our own value, then we will be difficult to achieve the succession of western countries. We are hanging in the middle right now cuz we have 2 different type of people. That is the reason too why we have endless argument.

Everyone, be it a kuli or PM, there are so many limitations. A lot of times, things cannot be done according to our will. The more power you have, the more limitation you get, because each drop of power is grant by a single person. I guess you will not betray the one who pay you salary while no other people giving you life support. The PM right now pointing a way to save us all. But we are the one who determine if we are heading to the path. People like me who don't really effected, I can say it is good. But for those who are making money based on the old system, peoples' future and current profit, normally they will opt for the 2nd one. You need to think yourselves and don't let people manipulate your mind. Plenty people just show some surface things to mislead people so that they can get supported and make profit at the back (power or money or both).

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
In Malaysia, no need to change the law to suit the business. Everyone is beyond good, everything can be 'adjusted'. It is actually quite easy to make big money and it is no discrimination when we talk about big business. But this is also the weak point when we apply to efficiency and market development. If we fully follow the strictness of western country, we will lost our traditional value. If we follow our own value, then we will be difficult to achieve the succession of western countries. We are hanging in the middle right now cuz we have 2 different type of people. That is the reason too why we have endless argument.

Everyone, be it a kuli or PM, there are so many limitations. A lot of times, things cannot be done according to our will. The more power you have, the more limitation you get, because each drop of power is grant by a single person. I guess you will not betray the one who pay you salary while no other people giving you life support. The PM right now pointing a way to save us all. But we are the one who determine if we are heading to the path. People like me who don't really effected, I can say it is good. But for those who are making money based on the old system, peoples' future and current profit, normally they will opt for the 2nd one. You need to think yourselves and don't let people manipulate your mind. Plenty people just show some surface things to mislead people so that they can get supported and make profit at the back (power or money or both).
hehhehe very true. i like the way u segregated malaysians into 2...i think to make it more clear is to say group 1 - the normal working class people who have no cables to the powers that be and group 2 - the group of people who have cables to the powers that be.

About the PM pointing us to a way out...first step taken, but what matters is how will it go from here on out? more corruption from more savings made after subsidies cut? or will they really use the savings and improve our country? i read somewhere subsidies only count for 7% of spendings that we have now so how much will 7% do if we dont know where the other 93% goes?(of cos this is unvalidated info so please dont take my word or quote me for it. if anybody does find out the real %, please post it up here cos i really do want to read into it). All these speculations on #s and %s are just speculation on what bits and pieces that we read and hear from all over...so nobody really knows what the real situation is. if only we were given the cold hard facts, then many or all will understand. u've got to understand that after 50 years and the slowdown in development after the developement rush of the 70s, 80s and early 90s...a lot of ppl are sceptical on the intentions of the powers that be. many so called policies that were promised to be good for the country turns up as good for a few in the country instead and then the failure shoved under the carpet. even a country as messy as thailand can become a vehicle producing hub when we started 10 years earlier than them. what happened?

i really hope we wont be asking the same questions 10 years from now...

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Corruption is just an assumption. Why the allow 5 Wimax licenses but not let telecom to monopoly which can easily make big money and allow more margin for corruption (like proton?)? There are plenty more things normally not being 'advertised' like some people likes to do, telur sebiji riuh sekampung. A lot of things cannot change overnight. Too many parties involved. Need time and our support.

WJL8229

Known Member
Feb 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haiz.....corruption again....biasa la....ini malaysia ma.....u want change my mind set u need to proof to us catch a really big fish....dont always catch ikan bilis only .......we know what u did this current summer..hehehehehe.... kalau x tangkap ikan besar then let us decide which is more suitable to be our G....dont blame a plp not choosing u cos there is too many things not yet settle n let a new G to settle it.....

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
haiya....nobody can prove that corruption is happening...but u dont need to stand in the rain to know it's raining wat.

but then...theres no pleasing the crowd...no matter what ppl do, there'll always be some critic...so i can see the picture from both sides. hehehehe

all we can do is wait n see...then ubah gaya hidup. what else can we do?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
haiya....nobody can prove that corruption is happening...but u dont need to stand in the rain to know it's raining wat.

but then...theres no pleasing the crowd...no matter what ppl do, there'll always be some critic...so i can see the picture from both sides. hehehehe

all we can do is wait n see...then ubah gaya hidup. what else can we do?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
we all have to live poorer so the agong can have 800m new palace... :sleep:

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

This is the presentation by Idris Jala's PEMANDU taskforce... it was this presentation that stirred alot of debate of subsidies, going bankrupt and stuff... its well put together and easy to understand... go ahead and have a quick read...

http://www.transformation.gov.my/in...cman&Itemid=&task=doc_download&gid=45&lang=en
it is fair to get the general population to pay real market prices by gradually cutting subsidies. that will help to reduce the burden of debt. however, the population also wishes that the govt is more transparent in awarding projects through open tenders. closed and/or direct nego tenders breed corruption and also contributes to super-inflation of project costs. it is ridiculous to keep asking the general public to be prudent spenders while the govt spends lavishly. we will still end up like Greece.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
The subsidies should have been done away with in the 90's while the country still could but it doesnt make much difference now whether it's removed or not cause the damage is beyong repair with present decay.

EPF will soon revise the retirement age to 60 - 65 with an excuse that the country needs experienced old fart when in actual fact they arent financially capable at repaying retires.

Time to do what our forefathers did, emmigrate.

WJL8229

Known Member
Feb 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
why must we need to go ......if u think we cant change their mind set then we proof to them that we can decide either 1 to go ..we get it battle rather than without battle u give up

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Nobody ever admits their mistakes and never owning up to their wrong-doings. That's whats wrong with this country.

All sorts of blunders but nobody owning up...

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Older peoples like to say, when you point a finger to someone, 4 fingers always point back to ownself.

When gov wanna do something, always wrong. But when it attempt to bring everyone back to the real world by removing subsidies, it also wrong. When legalize gamble can actually gain some income to use for developing the country and also use for running a long term campaign to educating people not to gamble, it also wrong. Only you are always right. Just like most of the UITM students come out from the U, they think they are the best of the world but somehow the best they can do is belagak in front of an experienced supervisor who may have less toilet paper than them.

What is right and what is wrong also not important anymore. Everyone just wanna look at the gain in front of their eyes right now. There is no such terms as long term in their dictionary. Politicians like that, enforcers like that, businessmen like that, rakyat also like that.

If you are not capable to make yourselves to own a car, then use motorbike la. Gov artificially make you able to afford a car doesn't mean that you deserve it. Let go the resource and see what can they do. If cannot perform, then vote another party. Die die hugging on the subsidies has no different compare to those cronies, parasites, shitty politicians, corrupted enforcers, dirty businessmen and etc, which you are pointing the finger at. Please don't use 2 hands to point at, because your 8 fingers will eventually pointing your ownselves back.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
bro CSL...if u were referring to my post, pls take note i was referring to Blackhowling's post on the RELA personnel shooting that tiger. i think it's wrong and besides, the tiger is a protected species. any other rakyat caught shooting a tiger wouldve already been tried for suspected poaching but even so, the RELA boss defends the action. isnt the whole act sort of "not admitting one's mistake"?

Touching on the topic of owning up to mistakes, you've gotta admit that they were some deals that went down south and huge costs were incurred. Some that i can recall are the EPF investment that failed...Bank Negara's investment that failed(happened sometime during the economic downturn)...the 2 scorpene subs(can they both dive now?)...just to name a few. i dont really have the details but so does most of the rakyat here. we know something went wrong...but nobody is admiting what went wrong and what are the corrective actions so the mistakes wont happen again. when the rakyat is kept in the dark, news gets made up and fiction sometimes is taken as facts cos humans are inherently inquisitive. they have a need to know. i think the root cause of why so many are discontent is due to lack of information. that said, i agree with u on freshies that come out thinking they know everything...so well...wisdom is also important to make sense of all the information.

give us the information and we'll somehow make sense of. it's time to let us grow up.

u know...i read the other day Dr.M said if he were in power, he would've legalised betting. i think he knows it's 1 way of making big bucks from something that will happen no matter its legality so might as well make it legal n make a profit from it. i had a discussion with some of my workmates here and they all had the same thinking..."yeah sure can untung. maybe billions even from legalised betting...but will the $$$ be put to good use or will it dissapear?" ...even the Muslims here think it's a good idea to legalise betting cos it isnt illegal for the chinese, indians and everybody other than Muslims to gamble but not a single 1 of them thinks the $$$ gained will be put to good use. just my 2 cents here...one of this day's must ajak Bro CSL out minum teh...good discusion buddy :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is there any fake tufoil in Malaysia? I find that some packaging
looks fake... how do i know which one is genuine?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience