Proton Iswara Air Con Part

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
There is this part which is connected to air-con system. I do not what it is called. (see image attached). There are three points which were broken for a long time now. What my mechanic did was he stuff the three rubber tubes (which are supposed to be connected to the three broken points as mentioned) with screws.

What do you call that mechanical part? How much does it cost? Should I quickly have it replaced with a new one?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
There is this part which is connected to air-con system. I do not what it is called. (see image attached). There are three points which were broken for a long time now. What my mechanic did was he stuff the three rubber tubes (which are supposed to be connected to the three broken points as mentioned) with screws.

What do you call that mechanical part? How much does it cost? Should I quickly have it replaced with a new one?

Doesnt look lika an aircond part to me.
Looks like temperature sensor for the water temperature.

If it were part of aircond piping,u cant just stuff rubber tube to plug it as its running under high pressure.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

If your mechanic plug the rubber hoses that are connected to this unit with screws, it should be sometimes to do with some vacuum. He plug it up so not to loose vacuum if not mistaken....

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Now i think it is has something to do with temperature. For sometimes now, after driving, the water always overflow out from the white plastic water container thru the short rubber tube. All this time I though it was the blocked radiator.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
It should be the thermo valve where connected to your carb.

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
No I do not overfilled it. It's just I notice each after driving from KL to PJ. After I stopped my car, I realized there was a small water puddle on the floor just under the car engine. Then I found out the water was overflowing from the short tube which is attached to the cap of the white plastic container (is it called expansion bottle?).

Once I did asked a mechanic, he told me I need to service the radiator.

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you so much. My one has been broken quite some time now. Like to know does it need to be replaced urgently? And is it because it is broken, the water overflow out from the escape tube? Does anyone know how much does this cost?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not sure of it's function, but if your mechanic just plugged up, probably not that crucial but check with another mechanic for second opinion.

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, definitely it has nothing to do with the air-cond. I just went to replace a new air-cond switch. It could not be switch off.
Anyway, thank you for your advice. Have a great day.:burnout:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is written as thermo valve, so I expect something to do with warming of carb or inlet manifold....

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Could be a vacuum control thing for cold start.
I agree with what gunnerzz says. It appears to be vacuum valve controlled by temperature. Likely connected to the carburetor for emission control purposes; EGR valve. When your engine coolant reaches approx 80C, the thermo valve opens to allow vacuum to actuate the EGR valve.

Exhaust gas recirculation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tip - FC should improve when EGR is working optimally.

Water coming out from your expansion tank - Do you frequently find your water level to be too low from this loss?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But sometimes these are for colder climate countries, may not work that well here as it is already hot....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This sixth-generation GTI follows a tradition begun in 1976, when Volkswagen unveiled a hopped-up version of the Golf, which later came to the U.S. as the Rabbit GTI. Much has changed in 33 years

0-to-62 mph in 6.9 seconds, on this 2010 Golf and that seems credible

GTI engine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience