Perdana V6 Community Forum *

myperdana

Known Member
Dec 16, 2011
Johor
upper bush bro? i will try to check it this weekend.

viswork? the one at permas right.. used to go there last time too.

thanks to all bro .. hope can counter ma problem here

Sea Dragon

Nov 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Salam and hello to all the V6ers out there. I just got myself a PV6 2002 last month and have read the forum from the beginning till the end. It has been very instrumental in my decision getting it even though a lot of people out there says that the PV6 is plagued with problems. I believe that it is quite a good car with a slight temperament.

My question to the Otai's and the Owners who have experienced it is, what would be the warning signs of your Auto GB going to be kaput? Is there things that you need to look out for so that you could be prepared (financially and time wise)? Or does the GB just go bust?

I do a lot of long distance travelling. From AS, Kedah all the way across to Kerteh, Terengganu and down to JB. Because as everyone always likes to say, prevention is better than cure.

myperdana

Known Member
Dec 16, 2011
Johor
what i heard is get your oil cooler installed bro.. i dont think 2002 v6 comes with stock one.

2nd.. make sure change ur GB oil frequently. max 20000 mileage and service it with high grade oil and flush GB oil on every 60000km mileage.

3rd. try not to floor the pedals on pickup as the GB cant handle max pressure. one a while should be ok as the GB is not lasak enough for harsh driving.

thats the main things i know so far. btw do get a proper shop as some people say usually not the GB will give issue straight away but the GB sensors.

my situation same as u also .. gt my v6 1 months plus and now trying to repair slowly all the wear and tear parts. bt im liking it day by day bro.. just hope not down only

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Salam and hello to all the V6ers out there. I just got myself a PV6 2002 last month and have read the forum from the beginning till the end. It has been very instrumental in my decision getting it even though a lot of people out there says that the PV6 is plagued with problems. I believe that it is quite a good car with a slight temperament.

My question to the Otai's and the Owners who have experienced it is, what would be the warning signs of your Auto GB going to be kaput? Is there things that you need to look out for so that you could be prepared (financially and time wise)? Or does the GB just go bust?

I do a lot of long distance travelling. From AS, Kedah all the way across to Kerteh, Terengganu and down to JB. Because as everyone always likes to say, prevention is better than cure.
Nice to hear another proud owner of Perdana V6!

People choose his car based on particular reasons, a mix of rationality and emotions. I chose Perdana V6 definitely not because of its FC and GB, but rather mix of every other things like budget, comfort, usage, mod-ability, style and look etc etc... I have been giving it nice fixes hear and there every now and then and it definitely runs a lot better than the condition when I acquired it. A very satisfying experience of self-improvement and comparison.

So bravo to you bro Sea Dragon, your Perdana will take you a long satisfying way if you take good care of it. The 6A12 engine is still very potent, just that the gearbox is a little bit unruly but if pampered well it's quite ok.

Sea Dragon

Nov 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
what i heard is get your oil cooler installed bro.. i dont think 2002 v6 comes with stock one.

2nd.. make sure change ur GB oil frequently. max 20000 mileage and service it with high grade oil and flush GB oil on every 60000km mileage.

3rd. try not to floor the pedals on pickup as the GB cant handle max pressure. one a while should be ok as the GB is not lasak enough for harsh driving.

thats the main things i know so far. btw do get a proper shop as some people say usually not the GB will give issue straight away but the GB sensors.

my situation same as u also .. gt my v6 1 months plus and now trying to repair slowly all the wear and tear parts. bt im liking it day by day bro.. just hope not down only
That is what I'm planning to do next. Install the cooler. After that would be the suspensions. Slowly but surely improving on the current condition of the car and upgrading bits and pieces. The flooring of the pedals though will need a considerable time to adjust :vroam: (or as a lot of the :adore: Otai's advises, change to a manual tranny. :biggrin:)

Nice to hear another proud owner of Perdana V6!

People choose his car based on particular reasons, a mix of rationality and emotions. I chose Perdana V6 definitely not because of its FC and GB, but rather mix of every other things like budget, comfort, usage, mod-ability, style and look etc etc... I have been giving it nice fixes hear and there every now and then and it definitely runs a lot better than the condition when I acquired it. A very satisfying experience of self-improvement and comparison.

So bravo to you bro Sea Dragon, your Perdana will take you a long satisfying way if you take good care of it. The 6A12 engine is still very potent, just that the gearbox is a little bit unruly but if pampered well it's quite ok.
Thank you YYC. I've read the other manufacturers forums and it seems that the PV6 has certainly got its own appeal and quite a large group of diehard fans. I myself am growing to love it day by day. I surely hope [and pray :rolleyes: ] that my PV6 will bring me a lot of joy and happiness in the coming years....:driver:

jayson86

Dec 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi.. anyone driving rvr auto ? pls.. i need help

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

hi.. anyone driving rvr auto ? i'm driving manual. looking for auto. anyone looking for swap?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Who looking for me? haha.. hmm i'm still thinking whether wanna swap or not too.. as nowadays cars in jb also relatively high.. go anywhere also jam.. haha.. but for pickup definitely manual is better la.. haha..

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
of course manual better for turbo bro.......
aiya..the jam close 1 eye la.......after a while u get used to it.
Haha.. but my location at jb.. his? KL?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all zth'ers.

My charade ascend got a problem with wiring. This problem occurred after I replaced fuel pump.
The symptom is auto gearbox EASY light blink and gearbox act weird. A friend suggest me to add extra ground wire on gearbox and it work for one day.

After that the problem is still occurred. From my troubleshooting, what I have found is the EASY light only blink when there is electrical load, eg. turn on front light or aircon.
What I have done before is:
1-put back old...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience