* * Opinion needed for Sport Rims * *

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cskean

Hi guys, is been some time I never post in this forum. Kinda busy but
don`t seem to earn a lot. :help:

Ok lah, back to the topic. I planning to buy a new set of sport rims(15")
for my Wira Sedan, but I don`t have much knowledge in it. I will post the
picture of the rims that I`m planning to get together with some of my
question. Hope you guys can guide me here...

1. What is the defference between LightWeight rims and those Normal one?
2. How many kg is consider light and how many kg is consider heavy?
3. Both the rims are 100% imported(Taiwan), PCD100, qouted for RM1000
each set of 4. Is this price reasonable or overpriced?
4. Should I put in 195/55/15 or 195/50/15? I want to lower my car a
liltle bit but I don`t want it to be bumpy.

So guys, please give as much opinion and suggestion. Thank you very very
much~

Image URL

http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ckchong2299/detail?.dir=/a065scd&.dnm=5d9cscd.jpg&.src=ph

Last edited:
1) lightweight means light weight lar.. means not heavy...
2) dunno... never weight any of my rims before... but all i know is JRD is one of the heaviest...
3) price is reasonable... my kspeed 15" rims also around rm1k exclude tyres...
4) normally people will go for 195/50/15, coz will not affect ur speedo too much... higher profile tyres = comfort... lower profile = performance/looks...

if you put higher profiled tyres than normal (like 55 or 60 series), although you have a little more comfort due to higher walls, but your fuel consumption will definitely go up by quite a significant bit. ;)

Just stick to normal range and you should be fine. ;)

Lowered rides comes with a price. and comfort is something you have to sacrifice a bit... do some research, and you can find out which brands are relatively "softer" than the others. ;)

Rims @ 'Kedai Papan' Klang

:regular_smile: :_: :X-: :angel_smile: :shades_smile:

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

Wow, really lots of choices. But I don't know how to go to the place.... BTW, how much is the price range for 15" rims? Made in Taiwan / Japan / Local?

Really appreciate for the replies!

its located on the way to port klang.i dunno the exact road name coz my fren biring me here for window2 shopping hehe.the cheapest in kl i guess hehe:shades_smile: but all of it are taiwan imitation.so if u are the purist i wont recommend u to buy:regular_smile: but if for style + bling bling + budget modifier 'kedai papan' is the best place to go!:_: i forgot whats the name of this shop but most local call that shop 'kedai papan' hehehe:_: oh ya those rims definitely a bit heavy from the ORI one and easily dented if whack lubang!hihi.i think better u invest for ORI rims laa.much more expensive but QUALITY GUARANTEE!:X-:

DewA_LavaU said:
its located on the way to port klang.i dunno the exact road name coz my fren biring me here for window2 shopping hehe.the cheapest in kl i guess hehe:shades_smile: but all of it are taiwan imitation.so if u are the purist i wont recommend u to buy:regular_smile: but if for style + bling bling + budget modifier 'kedai papan' is the best place to go!:_: i forgot whats the name of this shop but most local call that shop 'kedai papan' hehehe:_: oh ya those rims definitely a bit heavy from the ORI one and easily dented if whack lubang!hihi.i think better u invest for ORI rims laa.much more expensive but QUALITY GUARANTEE!:X-:

Can u pls tell me where the shop is located? Roughly, how to go? nearby there has anything special?

Price wise? Roughly will do....

I'm not that rich to own an ORIGINAL set, just that I want to make sure I'm not paying extra for the same thing....

Does anyone know how to get there? Those rims are attracting my heart, yo~

Last edited:
1.try to compare wif normal rim,u can lift up a light weight rim with 1 hand easily,but normal rim.......
2.same as above.
3.RM1000 is reasonable,but try ur best to squeeze them till 900+
4.if u dun 1 bumpy feel,juz take 195/55/15 rubber

highly recommend u to take light rim as it could help u safe some fc,according to a car magazine,1kg heavier the rim=10kg heavier on ur car.get it?

the pix shown above.. are mostly oversized rims.. like 16" n 17"

15" wont look as nice as the pic above since its smaller... if you want ur rim to look big dont go for 15" rim that has "collar/deep lip" design... the rim will look small on ur car

try n look around the cars on the road that is similar to urs with aftermarket rims.. n ull know which is the best for u.. choosing the right design n color will look good on ur ride...

popular rims are mostly the volk racing pattern or brown color types.. but u can choose what color u want.. silver,black,brown,white... but try not to go for white if ur planning to get 15"

two tones/hyper color is also afavourite too among modders... if u dont know wht is hyper.. check the pix above.. those rims that has 2 color.. e.g "body:Brown,Lip:Silver"

the lowering ur ride part will have a problem... u can cut/burn ur spring.. which is NOT Recommended... since its dangerous..

or

U can get new sport springs... but.. the problem is.. usually sport springs will lower the rear too much.. n it is not good when u hv pax at the back.. is matter of brand to choose n which suits u best

or

u can get a new set of "Short stoke" Absorber.. n n use back ur stock spring..

other than that.. u can go for adjustables,which is much more expensive than the options i mentioned above..

wow.... rims galore....

LuKa said:
but try not to go for white if ur planning to get 15"

the lowering ur ride part will have a problem... u can cut/burn ur spring.. which is NOT Recommended... since its dangerous..

Luka bro.. y?? juz wondering... coz planning to get 15" white colour ones...

btw... i already lower my ride.. lower spring... so, will it cut/burn wen i change da rims? thx

1k for 15" rims is exp, i just got my 16" for 930 yesterday, from the kedai papan above, but anyway i wouldnt recommend to go there, or at least not on weekends, the sales worker there with their bossy attitude is my 1st and last time at that shop.

now i would rather pay extra 50-100 to go other shop to get my rims and tyres done, plus make sure u get all the price for those minor minor things as well, like bolts nuts and tyre valve etc. When i fixing mine halfway, the fella come and tell me need to install something call "hub hole", he say is to fix at the cap there, and that thing cost rm100...i was like wtf...didint tell me earlier, in the end i choose not to install it, so becareful

Mind to teach me how to go to the Kedai Papan from Cheras? Or provide me the contact number? Thank you....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom