Opinion from fellow zthian needed!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ziranath

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
bangsar,kl
Visit site
Between 1.8 na n 1.8 turbocharged,which 1 is value for money for years of 97 model (wira) these day?Really need u guys opinion ASAP because need to do something to my car..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
NA... coz no need service so often...
as far as i know turbocharged engine need to change engine oil every 5000km... if NA, use like normal car lo...

if u want more power in ur car, turbocharged is the way... but of coz, there are alwiz NA performance upgrades to consider...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
NA or turbo... service interval is every 5000km. If you are using quality oils, can extend up to 7000 or even 8000. 10000km is unrealistic because other parts such as the air filter or oil filter will lose their efficiency.

Pickcell

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
Asia
Now petrol price so damn high ady, the price of last time Shell V-Power is already now normal petrol price.. Think TWICE before u wanna do any mod ady ler.. More power, more fc.. u rich u ma do lor.. now also i think i dowan do mods to my car ady ler..
last time wanted to upgrade my car's N/A performance. but lucky didn't do.. Now just wanna go for looks and comfort ady.. just my 2 cents.. :tee:

ziranath

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
bangsar,kl
Visit site
my friend wanna sell his car..because of the loan so low nobody wanna take it..its turbocharged summore..nowday people wanna save fuel so prefer NA i think..
now what to do?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
when talk about money and na vs turbo, one more thing to think about is the money you spend to mod the engine. sure NA might be cheaper overall to maintain but depends very much on what mod you do to it and how you drive it, and turbocharged engine can be very economical too and also depend on many factors.

but one thing you can't run away is that with NA, you can spend thousands and thousands and get few HP extra, while with the same amount of money you can really make your car fly.

so i dunno if any of you will agree with my point of view, but to me NA is more like expensive modification and slightly cheaper maintenance if tuned properly, while turbo you get the best bang of your buck per horse power gain, but pay more on maintenance and fuel.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
rollakid said:
when talk about money and na vs turbo, one more thing to think about is the money you spend to mod the engine. sure NA might be cheaper overall to maintain but depends very much on what mod you do to it and how you drive it, and turbocharged engine can be very economical too and also depend on many factors.

but one thing you can't run away is that with NA, you can spend thousands and thousands and get few HP extra, while with the same amount of money you can really make your car fly.

so i dunno if any of you will agree with my point of view, but to me NA is more like expensive modification and slightly cheaper maintenance if tuned properly, while turbo you get the best bang of your buck per horse power gain, but pay more on maintenance and fuel.
Agreed. NA is really expensive to mod. Take a look at how much BMW owners spending on their cars... not to mention the price of halfcuts.

As for me, my NA engine died... time for Forced Induction... it is about time anyway...

ziranath

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
bangsar,kl
Visit site
u guys have lots of money eh...one time the kepishhhhh sound it could be rm2 for the fuel..but then it depends to personal interest right?

Pickcell

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
Asia
ziranath said:
u guys have lots of money eh...one time the kepishhhhh sound it could be rm2 for the fuel..but then it depends to personal interest right?
yeah.. although i love the kepishhh sound but then takes damn alot of willpower to control myself from modding turbo. damn expensive la.. everybody now say "will save from how u drive la, bla bla bla" .. but who won't press when they have turbo? all sure wanna go fast wan if got nice road ahead..

anyway u all say that mod NA more expensive? .. maybe. but if u're a real serious turbo enthusiast i think u'll sure change the braking system and all too, right? (sorry if i'm wrong, still noob and learning) .. have lower the car and everything.. Then the constant visit to your mechanic.. wow. i reli no time for turbo sial.. money too.. lolz! save it for other things.. petrol now so expensiveee somemore.. :biggrin:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
i dont have that much cash, so i stick to NA engines...:D..

but turbo car would come in at the right time when the V6 in front of you (saga/wira/satria) dont want to give way due to ..he he.. u know laa..

when we drive V6 sure ourselves also dun want to give way to lesser powered cars. aren't we?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Save all the money. Buy Drifting RC cars and mod kau kau...Petrol money also less. Maintenance also less...fun factor.....will raise. if accident also wont heart break.
Now, also use modding money to mod RC cars..:biggrin:

Pickcell

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
Asia
zan said:
when we drive V6 sure ourselves also dun want to give way to lesser powered cars. aren't we?
i find those kind of people with that kind of thinking very shallow and totally sohai. so egoistic.. :rolleyes: wat la.. on fast lane ady ppl wanna pass u gonna stay there? damn thick skin weih..
maybe they inside car they think they protected.. if come out of the car already see how la. u cant stay inside the car's driving world forever..
so best is to have manners abit on the road nowadays, not everybody will think u're stupid wan if u show abit of courtesy.

You are not what you drive.

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I think Pickcell, got his point. NO matter what u drive. If another car is faster than u, u should give way.

ziranath

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
bangsar,kl
Visit site
agree with u guys..big car drive slow in the fast lane.give high beam also dont wan to give way.had this trouble 1 time at mrr2.stock satria with 100kmh dont give way to me even after give beam light n some kepishh.finally honk him 3 times only then i can get thru..stupid as****e

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi brothers need your advise, recently my aircond sounded weird and i noticed the sound came out from this black box then I open and see inside this black box gears are damaged , actually I don't know what it is, please let me know what is this thing and where I can get?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience