Old School Cars Discussion

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, he owns a Citroen wagon and actual beetle, but beetle just sold....:driver:
Another old school car owner. :biggrin:

5 speed Galant, those days king and also hot item. One friend lost one, found in one day left the shell and part of the engine......lol
Those days, most cars only have 4 speed MT. Your friend lost it long ago or in recent years?

Just noticed that my post count reached 5000 already. :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
the asking prices also nice.....
Willing buyer, willing seller, I guess.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
From mudah, 1st gen celica is 40k up, while the fastback is 60k north. All have been restored and some modded. Seem like a proper 1st gen celica cosy more than the 7th gen celica...:smokin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Another old school car owner. :biggrin:

Those days, most cars only have 4 speed MT. Your friend lost it long ago or in recent years?

Just noticed that my post count reached 5000 already. :biggrin:
That model was the first 5 speed MT. Very hot those days, top seller and friend lost it during that time.....lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
From mudah, 1st gen celica is 40k up, while the fastback is 60k north. All have been restored and some modded. Seem like a proper 1st gen celica cosy more than the 7th gen celica...:smokin:
2nd and 3rd gen Celica not much value despite both being old school.

7th gen not much value now. But probably good enough as a daily car that is not so boring to drive. I heard engine maintenance for 7th gen is similar to Altis since both are using same engine family.

That model was the first 5 speed MT. Very hot those days, top seller and friend lost it during that time.....lol
I see. Now, these Galant are rarely seen on the roads unlike Datsun or old Toyota.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
2nd and 3rd gen Celica not much value despite both being old school.

7th gen not much value now. But probably good enough as a daily car that is not so boring to drive. I heard engine maintenance for 7th gen is similar to Altis since both are using same engine family.

2nd and 3rd generation celica are considered the ugly ducking. The design are neither japanese nor american. While the 7th gen celica has a look of "hate it or love it".

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys. I am also into oldschool, but more towards 80's jap. I am now looking for a R30 skyline, or a celica supra. Yeah i know these cars are rare, especially the skyline. There was one 4 door that sold 10 year back on this very forums. I wonder if its still on the road.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Hi guys. I am also into oldschool, but more towards 80's jap. I am now looking for a R30 skyline, or a celica supra. Yeah i know these cars are rare, especially the skyline. There was one 4 door that sold 10 year back on this very forums. I wonder if its still on the road.
the r30 will be super difficult if even possible to source.... supra celica... thats getable i guess....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
2nd and 3rd generation celica are considered the ugly ducking. The design are neither japanese nor american. While the 7th gen celica has a look of "hate it or love it".
2nd gen don't look as bad as the 3rd gen. 2nd gen looks like the 1st gen Celica Supra. As for the 3rd gen, the front lamps looked funny. There is a liftback blue coloured 3rd gen running around Ipoh few years ago. Lately, never seen that car anymore.

R30 seems very hard to get. But the older C210 Skyline seems to be easier to get. I saw one for sale at mudah.

http://www.mudah.my/Datsun+skyline+c210+240k-50375879.htm

the r30 will be super difficult if even possible to source.... supra celica... thats getable i guess....
Not even sure how many R30 existed in Malaysia... Seems very very rare.

This one is a Celica Supra/Celica XX right?

Attachments

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, look at this thread ..i know 10 years ago, but yeah its in selangor.

http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=128218
As for the celica supra, i mean the one right after this "firebird" lookalike. The one that looks like lotus esprit.
The C210 aka 180k and 240k isnt what I am after, as those are actually 70's designs, plus nothing that special too me.
yes the RA60 celica is very ugly, especially the earlier ones, They did improve the looks towards the 84 to 86 ones, but still not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hi guys, look at this thread ..i know 10 years ago, but yeah its in selangor.

http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=128218
As for the celica supra, i mean the one right after this "firebird" lookalike. The one that looks like lotus esprit.
The C210 aka 180k and 240k isnt what I am after, as those are actually 70's designs, plus nothing that special too me.
yes the RA60 celica is very ugly, especially the earlier ones, They did improve the looks towards the 84 to 86 ones, but still not my cup of tea.
That was quite cheap for an iconic R30 Skyline. But I guess that is due to the poor condition and the fact that it is a 4 door sedan instead of 2 door coupe.

Oh, the 2nd gen Celica Supra which had a bit of AE86 look to it. Haven't seen that one before.

I think the cars from the era that you are searching is a bit difficult to get. Because I think the 80s cars are somewhat like in the middle between 70s and 90s where both of these era considered to be glorious. In 70s, you have the birth of Japanese performance cars while 90s is like the pinnacle or peak of Japanese performance car glory. Which somewhat makes 80s look like half in between two glorious era. Not many have kept cars in that era in a good condition. Well, this is all just my own opinion. :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
also due to Japan's economy bubble burst..... the car industries, the excitement/ competition among car industries went down together........

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Old school cars market prices depends on supply and demand. Iconic and sort after cars sure higher priced. People don't want, price sure drop.....lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Red Bull Rookies racing team is on the hunt for a new line-up this year and the energy drink outfit has not only expanded the search to an additional neighbouring country, it has also opened up a new avenue for the search by adding a program that caters to those under 21 years of age.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience