Old School Cars Discussion

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Bro, i love E30 also. But this car is too expensive to rebuild. In bimmer forum, there are many good rebuild project done by the owners especially below replica E30 M3

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/newforums/index.php?/topic/25960-a-classic-e30-m3-reborn/
Thats one superb M3 which I also follow the thread...building to that level needs lotsa money, time, patience & dedication which I dont have atm :biggrin:

There was a perfect sample of 190e Evo2 (in K.L) lurking the internet few months ago now back hiding inside the caves

Owning both is like I can die tomorrow coz nothing more that I can ask for :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bro, i love E30 also. But this car is too expensive to rebuild. In bimmer forum, there are many good rebuild project done by the owners especially below replica E30 M3

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/newforums/index.php?/topic/25960-a-classic-e30-m3-reborn/
Speaking of E30 and M3, there is a genuine left hand drive E30 M3 near my house in Ipoh. It is probably a famous car among E30 enthusiast. I've seen pictures of the car before taken by other people and it really is a real M3. I'll post a pic of this M3.

Also on another house near mine within walking distance, there is a Malay guy who owned a lot of BMW. I know he owns a new Mini Cooper S, E46 Sedan, E46 Coupe, E39 5 series, E30 Sedan and a modified E30 cabrio with large wheels... I'll post a pic of this E30 cabrio here but it is an old picture before he did those mods. Few years ago it was white, then red and recently blue. Sorry about the image quality. Taken inside a moving car.

Attachments

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
playing old skool isnt exactly for the faint-heart. Lots of sweat, blood, money, frustration involved. Prepared to be surprised if the car had poor repair history. Rust holes is inevitable....

One also needs another car as daily ride, becoz the car going restoration take years to complete....

Once the oldskool (nicely) done up....priceless...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
playing old skool isnt exactly for the faint-heart. Lots of sweat, blood, money, frustration involved. Prepared to be surprised if the car had poor repair history. Rust holes is inevitable....

One also needs another car as daily ride, becoz the car going restoration take years to complete....

Once the oldskool (nicely) done up....priceless...
You are right. Sometimes, unexpected problems will appear even when you thought that you got the basics covered. Since these cars are aged like 40-30 years old, it must have been used for a variety of purposes under different owners. Hard to expect a good repair history throughout all these years.
I'm not driving any old school car but a 17 year old Wira. I know how it feels when suddenly a problem appears where I least expected it.

For daily car, I've already decided that my Wira will be the daily car. Can't sell it off for much value and I don't like the idea of paying for monthly installment for a new car. Unless I earn a lot of money. :biggrin:

Do you own an old school car yourself? Lately you seemed to post less at ZTH but when this old school thread comes out, you started posting. :biggrin:

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
Speaking of E30 and M3, there is a genuine left hand drive E30 M3 near my house in Ipoh. It is probably a famous car among E30 enthusiast. I've seen pictures of the car before taken by other people and it really is a real M3. I'll post a pic of this M3.

Also on another house near mine within walking distance, there is a Malay guy who owned a lot of BMW. I know he owns a new Mini Cooper S, E46 Sedan, E46 Coupe, E39 5 series, E30 Sedan and a modified E30 cabrio with large wheels... I'll post a pic of this E30 cabrio here but it is an old picture before he did those mods. Few years ago it was white, then red and recently blue. Sorry about the image quality. Taken inside a moving car.
Bro, which Ipoh area is this? Damn a genuine M3. Bimmer guy told me total less than 5 unit in Mys.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bro, which Ipoh area is this? Damn a genuine M3. Bimmer guy told me total less than 5 unit in Mys.
I just realized that you are from Ipoh too. Hahahaha.

Both in Pasir Putih area. Near SPPK market. The M3 is in Taman Boon Bak. But the M3 is not always there. It used to be there more often but recently, not really. But then, this car passed by exactly in front of my house for a few times already during weekend. Legendary E30 M3 in front of my house. :biggrin:

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
You are right. Sometimes, unexpected problems will appear even when you thought that you got the basics covered. Since these cars are aged like 40-30 years old, it must have been used for a variety of purposes under different owners. Hard to expect a good repair history throughout all these years.
I'm not driving any old school car but a 17 year old Wira. I know how it feels when suddenly a problem appears where I least expected it.

For daily car, I've already decided that my Wira will be the daily car. Can't sell it off for much value and I don't like the idea of paying for monthly installment for a new car. Unless I earn a lot of money. :biggrin:

Do you own an old school car yourself? Lately you seemed to post less at ZTH but when this old school thread comes out, you started posting. :biggrin:
I was posted oversea for a couple of months. I dont have an oldskool myself, but have followed some oldskool kaki for trips and adhoc car shows, mostly toyota owners many years back. The toyota kakis nowadays went low profile....maybe overly sayang-syang their rides. Oldskool has their unique charms.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I was posted oversea for a couple of months. I dont have an oldskool myself, but have followed some oldskool kaki for trips and adhoc car shows, mostly toyota owners many years back. The toyota kakis nowadays went low profile....maybe overly sayang-syang their rides. Oldskool has their unique charms.
Oh, I actually thought you are one of those old school cars owner. Been seeing your name in a few old school car thread. :biggrin:

What Toyota old school cars? KE20, KE30, TA22 those?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Oh, I actually thought you are one of those old school cars owner. Been seeing your name in a few old school car thread. :biggrin:

What Toyota old school cars? KE20, KE30, TA22 those?

KE20 quite rare in the scene. Mostly the KE70s and some Corona. On rare occasion, a couple of TA22, TA23 and the fastbacks owners wold join the TT.

I prefer to learn from sifu sifu first, before getting myself an oldskool ride, but then the prices may have gone through the roof.....:bawling:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
KE20 quite rare in the scene. Mostly the KE70s and some Corona. On rare occasion, a couple of TA22, TA23 and the fastbacks owners wold join the TT.

I prefer to learn from sifu sifu first, before getting myself an oldskool ride, but then the prices may have gone through the roof.....:bawling:
KE20 can still spot around Ipoh occasionally. But if it is KE10, I have never seen before.

Fastback Celica are very rare I think. Most of them are coupe. But this first gen Celica is too overpriced. Even the 2nd and 3rd gen Celica is selling much cheaper including restored ones.

High rear bad for reversing.......:banghead:
Last time, reversing is all about skills. Plus no power steering too. Now, everyone needs assistance in their cars especially newbies.

But lately, new cars seemed to have a rather high rear too like Bezza, City.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
actually... some cars... high rear look quite nais! but pain in the arse it is.....

the other night it was dark and raining, I could not park properly.... mirrors showed nothing but hitams + rain droplets, rear see nothing but hitams + more droplets...
have to bukak window, half my body standing out of the car getting soaked just to see where im going.
#syukur rumah ade hot water to mandi

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu, just to ask as i am driving a honde integra DA7 1.6..my problem is after driving for half an hour,under the car will get very hot till i can feel inside(such as touching the gear knob,everything on the floor in the middle) try replacing the exhaust still the same..currently 2 inch all the way..when stop get down to touch the exhaust tip, can cook eggs on top liow...my questions is that normal for exhaust to get very hot?or is it other thing?thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience