need some help for 4g92 twincam upgrade.....

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
hi
my car is satria old old version model
using 4g92 twincam what should i upgrade ..... mivec 1.6 or BOT on ??:hmmmm::hmmmm:
i heard my mechanical say BOT on need 8k boost like 1.3bar and mivec need 8k also for microtech chips for max performance when mivec come
so help me pls which 1 should i go because now petrol so EXP not feeling wanted 2 BOT on but pls fell free to comments....

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ask yourself what is it that u want?

firstly, before someone else replies, i'd be the first to say it. having a turbo engine doesnt mean ur petrol bill will be sky high. even with a mivec, ur petrol consumption can be quite ridiculous. it all depends on the way u drive (i.e. how heavy is ur right foot).

back to ur question, i believe u should try both before deciding. to me, turbo kicks ass, but im still a NA lover. i just love how my car drives like a normal DOHC when i dont high rev it. well thats just me.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

ask yourself what is it that u want?

firstly, before someone else replies, i'd be the first to say it. having a turbo engine doesnt mean ur petrol bill will be sky high. even with a mivec, ur petrol consumption can be quite ridiculous. it all depends on the way u drive (i.e. how heavy is ur right foot).

back to ur question, i believe u should try both before deciding. to me, turbo kicks ass, but im still a NA lover. i just love how my car drives like a normal DOHC when i dont high rev it. well thats just me.

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
for me i really dont care TURBO or NA because i just want the feel the Gforce...... like my friend honda civic old version with a b16c inside when the Vtec kicks in i really feel the FORCE... and i just want the force but i dont know my satria put wat only can have the FORCE.... i heard many many people say MIVEC dont have the force only turbo but i dont feeling want turbo now because i am still young ha ha, but i want the force.....Y.Y so are u driving a mivec ? or can tell me some more opinion......

Enslaved

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
If you want to feel the FORCE (which i assume is the torque), turbo is a good bang for your buck way to go. You will immediately feel the higher torque bu bolting on a turbo without need to modify more, keep the boost low but am sure response will be there. On the other hand, for an NA engine, there is no replacement for displacement - get a 4G93 engine, overbore it, raise the compression, slap a set of 272 cams and tune it with a standalone - you will feel the difference. A stock 1.6 mivec is really gutless in terms of the FORCE...seriously.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
for me i really dont care TURBO or NA because i just want the feel the Gforce...... like my friend honda civic old version with a b16c inside when the Vtec kicks in i really feel the FORCE... and i just want the force but i dont know my satria put wat only can have the FORCE.... i heard many many people say MIVEC dont have the force only turbo but i dont feeling want turbo now because i am still young ha ha, but i want the force.....Y.Y so are u driving a mivec ? or can tell me some more opinion......
1st of all,there is no such thing as b16C

arrowhead is not driving a mivec bro...he has a b16a civic.

in my honest opinion...since your passion is only for force and you dont really have much direction on what you want out of your car...i honestly think you should play turbo.And like arrowhead also said...there are many times where turbo charged vehicles have better fuel consumption then other NA cars...of course it depends on how you drive also...but + - its not that bad.

Mivec or even most NA cars might not have as hard of a pull that i think you are looking for unless you spend alot of $$$.So how big is your budget my friend?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
8K...

go for BOT .. upgrade your brakes and your suspension also.

Well 5k++ will be the BOT kit + emanage & tuning = 6k++
remaining 2k go buy good absorber and upgrade your brakes.

Click on the link below to confirm how much it will costs you.Or you can ask your mech do for you.

BOT Packages

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
hmm can tell me 8k can have what engine parts mah ?
what turbo , what ecu and so on ..... thanks ya

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hmm can tell me 8k can have what engine parts mah ?
what turbo , what ecu and so on ..... thanks ya
bro,

up there i posted the link BOT PACKAGES, you click on that, its a complete kit in one shop.he got list all the parts you need for BOT project.

ECU you buy Emanage Blue or apexi SAFC.

Brakes you upgrade to Evo or GSR.

Absorber you decide...see how much $$ you haev left ...2nd hand fully adjustable like Ohlin or cusco or HKS or TIEN standby 1.5k-2.2k.can adjust hi/low of your car...soft hard.

if not juts go for GAB.Depends on your budget.

Last edited:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
B16c?? bro you really intoxicated by you-know-who... :hmmmm:

I also opt for BOT, but pls stick to emanage rather than s-afc... and a little bit add on abt the suspension setting, not neccessary to get used adjustable one, as the future service might cost a bomb, you can try local brand adjustable which priced around 1.2k for a new set, hi-lo adjustable will do, you wont need soft/hard unless you really into handling...

Hotbits silver series RM1250, i'm using now kinda comfortable and affordable, i think other local brand also have similiar product, please compare before fork out money...

May the force be with you... : )

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
B16c?? bro you really intoxicated by you-know-who... :hmmmm:
hehehe he got banned already..duno whats his new nick.

Anyways,about the abs is based on your budget.

but brakes MUST upgrade.

"With Great power,Comes Great Responsibility"

drexxza

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
Pahang
Visit site
yes rite as per Ad said u just not only power to run ur car only, but u also need power to stop ur car also..

coolman. a little bit suggestion from me,
why dont u try to explore ur 4g92 with ur budget..
for me 4g92 twincam is already a good baseline for u to start modifying..
the is many aftermarket stuff and many skill and technic u can explore..
it doesnt means when u changing a powerfull engine u can achive all what u want..
its all depend on u my friend..

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
erm i dont really know the world of racing ...... can u all tell me what do u mean explore ??
is 4g92 worth to modify and play .....
break i will upgrade as well ha ha
i saw many many 4g92 user play mivec that y i am asking is mivec got power and the gforce a not.....
and i have quite big problem for 4g92 .... when i got this car i went to many many mechanical for timing bet they say 4g92 parts hard 2 find la some say 4g92 only got SOHC no DOHC i also quite blur scare later on no more spare parts ....

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
ok bro, ill try my best to explain or help you with what you need.what he meant by explore is..there is alot of ppl who play mivec cause its a very good upgrade for NA application.I have never played mivec,but this is what i kind of know or read along ZTH.

The common mods to make your NA mitsu powerful will be :-

1)Using mivec head + ecu
2)change to high comp piston,if im not mistaken SOHC 1.6 4g92 piston is high comp or use mivec piston.
3)Hi-cams+adjustable cam pulley...set your cams to your liking.
4)4g93 1.8 block.
5)Emanage+dyno tuning
6)skunk2 intake manifold mod to fit 4g92 head + bigger throttle body.
7)exhaust
8)lighten crank pulley
9)lighten flywheel
10)aftermarket extractor/header

if you complete this package,your car would be a nice and fun NA to play...with Force...but this is only in general..must ask the sifus of 4g9x series for more detailed recipe's....the cost for this can easily reach 8k +++(estimate only....)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone tried using one of these? Open up the valve will give a noisy ride but improve in power and closed it when you need a silent ride, but what are the problem known after installing it? can the electric motor stand the heat of the exhaust? All the sifus please advice.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience