Need some advise from Sifu's here

Nov 9, 2013
penang
Hi...I am driving a Kelisa Auto...need to know what else should I change to get better acceleration bcoz I dont think its enough...but I wont change my engine coz I am using it daily...pls help me...:biggrin::wavey::driver:

Oct 16, 2013
Mybe u should upgrade ur air filter n exzhoust pipe.

but better change to manual transmission. more fuel save. :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
find some lightweight 13" wheels... preferably ori japanese wheels. yes... 13"

not 14" not 15"...but 13"

used to have a kelisa auto oso and on the proton stock 13" wheels... it was pretty decent...going to a more lightweight wheel may help.

filter and exhaust... good idea oso... marco exhaust is pretty bang for buck... sounds almost like stock too.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
find some lightweight 13" wheels... preferably ori japanese wheels. yes... 13"

not 14" not 15"...but 13"

used to have a kelisa auto oso and on the proton stock 13" wheels... it was pretty decent...going to a more lightweight wheel may help.

filter and exhaust... good idea oso... marco exhaust is pretty bang for buck... sounds almost like stock too.
Kelisa mods, get advice from sifu madman or just follow what u did is good enough :love: :top:

Just want to know how did you relocate the antenna? :rofl:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
From my personal experience, i don't feel any performance gain after changing performance air filter. I'm using OEM paper air filter.

1. Change to manual transmission if you're ok with pressing the clutch.
2. Change the extractor only if you don't want irritating exhaust sound.
3. Lighten your ride. Taking out those unnecessary stuffs.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
From my personal experience, i don't feel any performance gain after changing performance air filter. I'm using OEM paper air filter.

1. Change to manual transmission if you're ok with pressing the clutch.
2. Change the extractor only if you don't want irritating exhaust sound.
3. Lighten your ride. Taking out those unnecessary stuffs.
Irritating exhaust noise? So far mine is quiet...:rofl:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Kelisa mods, get advice from sifu madman or just follow what u did is good enough :love: :top:

Just want to know how did you relocate the antenna? :rofl:
antenna? not relocated... totally removed.. then the hole closed up and painted over.

the hole is pretty big... so the feller banged it in with a hammer... then cut a piece of metal and welded it there...cement and painted after that....

then bought some RM50 internal antenna at the car audio shop and pasang like normal lor

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Haha, my car currently changed to aftermarket exhaust system. Be honest that OEM exhaust system is the quietest exhaust system. The exhaust sound is irritating to me while some folks feel ok.
yes OEM is very2 quiet, if got kids behind, they can sleep peacefully. right now my kelisa A is everything stock, did sum extra grounding, using iridium plugs oni. the only set back is the first gear coz it's using 4 speed 3 gear setting that limits the revving for the 1st gear. sumtimes oni can get it to redline. can go up to 100km/h in third gear redlining.just wondering, did u use the gear like semi auto alll the time.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
yes OEM is very2 quiet, if got kids behind, they can sleep peacefully. right now my kelisa A is everything stock, did sum extra grounding, using iridium plugs oni. the only set back is the first gear coz it's using 4 speed 3 gear setting that limits the revving for the 1st gear. sumtimes oni can get it to redline. can go up to 100km/h in third gear redlining.just wondering, did u use the gear like semi auto alll the time.
Bro twist, actually my car is a manual myvi, LOL. Before my middle box is straight bullet type, the exhaust sound is loud to me but not loud to other. I cannot tahan i can heard exhaust sound in the car. Now is way quieter inside the car after changing a BIG middlebox.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Never tried before red lining it since is not my car...gf car...only know if drop 3rd gear really can rev quite high and very fast reach 100km/h.

Is not that fast but the pick up feeling is nice feeling...pick up tested. Lose to Myvi 1.3.
So imagine if we put in K3VE myvi engine...is actually powerful enough...

YRV would be best...:love:

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

antenna? not relocated... totally removed.. then the hole closed up and painted over.

the hole is pretty big... so the feller banged it in with a hammer... then cut a piece of metal and welded it there...cement and painted after that....

then bought some RM50 internal antenna at the car audio shop and pasang like normal lor
That's cheap for internal antenna. Nicely done there bro. Looks like ori without antenna. Clean and nice.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Bro twist, actually my car is a manual myvi, LOL. Before my middle box is straight bullet type, the exhaust sound is loud to me but not loud to other. I cannot tahan i can heard exhaust sound in the car. Now is way quieter inside the car after changing a BIG middlebox.
heheh sorry aarrr, mistaken u as TS, if what u said is true, there must be sumthing wrong wit u'r OEM sound proofing coz supposedly u can't hear sounds from under u'r car.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Never tried before red lining it since is not my car...gf car...only know if drop 3rd gear really can rev quite high and very fast reach 100km/h.

Is not that fast but the pick up feeling is nice feeling...pick up tested. Lose to Myvi 1.3.
So imagine if we put in K3VE myvi engine...is actually powerful enough...

YRV would be best...:love:

YRV uses the same engine K3VE but got that T behind, (wanna put that in my Kelisa & Kelisa damn straight to my kancil :burnout:, u can drop to 3rd gear no more than 110km/h & 2nd gear no more than 85km/h for engine breaking in the manual book.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Ignore all of them. What I am going suggest is
1. FREE
2. Increases performance
3. Improves fuel economy

Lose weight, and throw the spare tyre out of the car.

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
then if tayar bocor how?bring along solarturbine ahh? to sotong the tayar? kikikiki

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Turbocharge or supercharge ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The 1NZFE(T) project is completed , running stock boost from a Garett AR48 turbo (suspect it might be from a S13 CA18 or SR20 turbo) at 0.68-0.82 spike on gear change (the car is a Vios 1.5 Auto)

Quite satisfied with the result , but there is a problem , after tuning even with a super rich AFR like 10-11 & retarded ignition timing , it would knock on high load condition eg.uphill / upshot on full throttle at high rpm ...

It need a thicker headgasket I bring down the compression ratio...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience