Need advice: 4g93 SOHC auto 'semput'

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Don't waste your money on decarb if you're planning to overhaul. It's not going to solve anything especially when it comes to the valve seals. It'll be drivable so just leave it la.

This is why I don't like engine swaps.
Yeah. Hence I took the temporary solution just now by adding lucas oil engine stop leak. I need to change the engine oil so I just thought why not try and add the stop leak and see. It might help until I get the necessary funding for top overhaul or it might not.

I also changed the stock already 'hitam-legam' air filter with Works drop-in filter. Lucas engine stop leak added with motul turbolight 10w40 all bought from Works Eng at Sunway. :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The Lucas engine stop leak is a better investment than the decarb in my opinion. Motul Turbolight 10W40? wah.. mahal nia. How much you paid for that?

Btw, my earlier post - AFPR = adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
The Lucas engine stop leak is a better investment than the decarb in my opinion. Motul Turbolight 10W40? wah.. mahal nia. How much you paid for that?

Btw, my earlier post - AFPR = adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
RM165 before gst for the motul 4 litre. Market price is around RM160-170. AFPR? Do i need to install that? Gonna run the car a few more days and check if smoke still there and engine oil needs topup or not. Yesterday engine oil left around 2 litres only. Maybe due to the dyno run. :hmmmm:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
RM165 before gst for the motul 4 litre. Market price is around RM160-170. AFPR? Do i need to install that? Gonna run the car a few more days and check if smoke still there and engine oil needs topup or not. Yesterday engine oil left around 2 litres only. Maybe due to the dyno run. :hmmmm:
No you don't need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. You can add it later IF you plan to mod more to the engine else don't bother.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Are you sure left 2 litres only, means below dipstick minimum level already?:smokin:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
No you don't need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. You can add it later IF you plan to mod more to the engine else don't bother.
oh. don't think i'm gonna do any massive mod tho. does adding a lightened crank pulley do any harm to a stock engine? i just need a bit more torque on low rpm since the car have auto trans. i know not much can be done on single cam with auto trans.

Are you sure left 2 litres only, means below dipstick minimum level already?:smokin:
yeah. dip stick almost dry. i didn't check the dipstick today but so far no smoke when i rev the car on neutral/parking. gonna check it tomorrow and see if the level drops.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
oh. don't think i'm gonna do any massive mod tho. does adding a lightened crank pulley do any harm to a stock engine? i just need a bit more torque on low rpm since the car have auto trans. i know not much can be done on single cam with auto trans.

yeah. dip stick almost dry. i didn't check the dipstick today but so far no smoke when i rev the car on neutral/parking. gonna check it tomorrow and see if the level drops.
Better keep a 1L bottle of engine oil in your car just in case or just buy a 4L bottle just for top up purposes at home.

As for the lighten crank pulley, will do no harm to your stock engine.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

LCP lightens the engine feel, but don't think it will help much on torque issue. Some say lighter so better acceleration but seems not good like for going uphill. If this is the case, then actually torque has gone done instead.

If oil is still shown on the dipstick at minimum level you are probably short of 500ml to 1L only. If short of 2L means oil no more showing on the dipstick....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Better keep a 1L bottle of engine oil in your car just in case or just buy a 4L bottle just for top up purposes at home.

As for the lighten crank pulley, will do no harm to your stock engine.
4L means another RM165 for top up.......:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
OMG.. when I saw this my head exploded. But before I hammer you for dissing SOHC auto 4Gxx engines, let me talk about the crank pulley.

What brand? Same size or undersized? If undersized you're better off with the stock pulley (get a new one since your old one is already out and old). Auto will suffer with undersized pulley.

As for nothing you can do with auto SOHC 4Gxx engines, you are so wrong mate. You can't mod as much as the manuals and DOHCs, but you can get 120hp on wheel if done right without turbo/supercharging. All depends on your budget and time. If done right 14kg/n of torque and 15km/L fuel consumption is achievable too.

So when wanna start? Bahahahhaa..

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Oh btw, I suggested the AFPR to help with the pinging you're getting. Maybe can tweak the AFR to be a bit richer to compensate?

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
4L means another RM165 for top up.......:smokin:
He on budget mah :p

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Used to run an auto with port and polished cylinder head with matspeed 7552 cams with stock ECU and got 100whp and 11kg torque on dynojet :D (4G92P SOHC)

After that changed to manual, and never looked back :driver:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
OMG.. when I saw this my head exploded. But before I hammer you for dissing SOHC auto 4Gxx engines, let me talk about the crank pulley.

What brand? Same size or undersized? If undersized you're better off with the stock pulley (get a new one since your old one is already out and old). Auto will suffer with undersized pulley.

As for nothing you can do with auto SOHC 4Gxx engines, you are so wrong mate. You can't mod as much as the manuals and DOHCs, but you can get 120hp on wheel if done right without turbo/supercharging. All depends on your budget and time. If done right 14kg/n of torque and 15km/L fuel consumption is achievable too.

I'll contact you when I have the budget bro Izso. hehehehehe.

Yup, there's like only a small tiny bit on the dip stick hence only left around 2litres of oil when I do the change. I still have 1 litre of the motul coz I added 1quart of lucas engine oil stop leak. I checked the dip stick again just now and it's still at max, no smoke coming out.

Think I need to do a compression test and fuel pressure test. Any good workshop can do this? :hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So we found ourselves a DIT project car?.....hhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahaha:rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I'll contact you when I have the budget bro Izso. hehehehehe.

Yup, there's like only a small tiny bit on the dip stick hence only left around 2litres of oil when I do the change. I still have 1 litre of the motul coz I added 1quart of lucas engine oil stop leak. I checked the dip stick again just now and it's still at max, no smoke coming out.

Think I need to do a compression test and fuel pressure test. Any good workshop can do this? :hmmmm:
I thought you did the compression test already. You seems to be spending a lot doing things over and over again.....lol:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
merrill performance made a drag worthy 4G15 single cam drag car. Don't underestimate the capabilities of this engine. The gearbox on the other hand - if that's a 4-speeder be gentle with it. If it's the 3-speeder, it'll take a lot of bashing before it'll give up on you.

If there's nothing wrong leave it la.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
merrill performance made a drag worthy 4G15 single cam drag car. Don't underestimate the capabilities of this engine. The gearbox on the other hand - if that's a 4-speeder be gentle with it. If it's the 3-speeder, it'll take a lot of bashing before it'll give up on you.

If there's nothing wrong leave it la.
The 4G9 series comes with 4 speeder automatic boxes :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I like the 4-speeders. Shorter ratios not like the stupidly long 3-speed ratios. But 4-speeder is more fragile, so make sure you don't miss ATF oil changes and swap out that filter each time also

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
So we found ourselves a DIT project car?.....hhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahaha:rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I thought you did the compression test already. You seems to be spending a lot doing things over and over again.....lol:biggrin:
Nope. No compression test done at GT Auto. Only dyno run and tuning. Waiting for gaji to come in and find a good workshop to do the test.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Nope. No compression test done at GT Auto. Only dyno run and tuning. Waiting for gaji to come in and find a good workshop to do the test.
If compression test found out that some cylinders are losing compression and yet your car is not overheating as well as still losing engine oil, It could be the piston rings :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The only thing that overshadowed the Nissan GT-R’s supercar-devouring abilities was the whole drama surrounding the launch control issue that voided the warranty if used. It create such a ruckus with everybody, including your cousin’s mailman, that Nissan decided to do away with it for the 2011 model.

The problem stemmed from the fact that a GT-R owner using the launch control would automatically void the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience