Need advice: 4g93 SOHC auto 'semput'

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
with the use of ficd, u need to disable the original ISC....

im using 2 ficd...1 for cold start and another one for ac.....because my car isc went crazy idiotic setting....now worn gear..no check engine light, tps voltage setting was correct....but acting weird when morning cold start works fine...then alter 20mins trip or 30mins trip..stopping at traffic light, the idle speed will increase to above 1200rpm.... sometimes ok..sometimes not....so i locked the isc to predetermined setting, remove the gear linking isc to the stepper motor...then put 2 ficd..problem solved...now i got manual cold start choke and ac idle speed control..which both i can manually fine tune with just screwdriver :rofl: :driver: (*i'm a manual man) :biggrin:
You FICD king :biggrin:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
with the use of ficd, u need to disable the original ISC....

im using 2 ficd...1 for cold start and another one for ac.....because my car isc went crazy idiotic setting....now worn gear..no check engine light, tps voltage setting was correct....but acting weird when morning cold start works fine...then alter 20mins trip or 30mins trip..stopping at traffic light, the idle speed will increase to above 1200rpm.... sometimes ok..sometimes not....so i locked the isc to predetermined setting, remove the gear linking isc to the stepper motor...then put 2 ficd..problem solved...now i got manual cold start choke and ac idle speed control..which both i can manually fine tune with just screwdriver :rofl: :driver: (*i'm a manual man) :biggrin:
Whoa! Serious manual king. Hehe.

I'm changing my isc now. Hopefully no more semput.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
UPDATE: After changing the ISC and fuel filter, no more serious idling problem except while aircond compressor is on, timing went up a bit. No more serious 'semput'-ness but engine still idle a bit low (600-700rpm) when gear is in D and aircond is on. Gearbox gradually feeling a bit better but I still feel I need to send it for check up.

Gonna send it for top overhaul next month. Any tips on that? :)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Why didn't you do the top overhaul before transplant? But then is your engine in need of top overhaul?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Why didn't you do the top overhaul before transplant? But then is your engine in need of top overhaul?
Budget restriction. But at first, everything sounds ok. My friend saw leaking nearby the gearbox area. He said maybe the head gasket leak. So i guess i do need a top overhaul. I don't know whether i need to send the gearbox for checkup or not. Don't have the budget for that. Acceleration sometimes feels a little bit lag. Gear shift also a bit hard. My mechanic friend only free after CNY.

Anyways, 4g93 sohc does not have hydraulic lifters right? Need to do tepet adjustment. ;(

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You buy engine time did not check the engine out? And are you sure is head gasket leaking or maybe valve cover or something else? What I mean is since budget restricted make sure you are repairing things that needs repair.....:driver:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
You buy engine time did not check the engine out? And are you sure is head gasket leaking or maybe valve cover or something else? What I mean is since budget restricted make sure you are repairing things that needs repair.....:driver:
I did not buy the engine. The shop that did the installation bought the whole half cut and sold me the engine complete all in with wiring, dashboard set and steering for RM6k. It was a good deal. :banghead::bawling: After installation, i did test it out. The gearbox felt smooth at that time, no white smoke coming out, aircond super cold, crank once without stepping on gas engine straight away fired up.

Then when all is complete, the ISC went wonky causing the idling problem. Now gearbox needs checking coz not that smooth during gear change (felt a hard pull). So far, no problem during cold start (crank once straight away start). Just the gearbox problem like I mention and the loud tappet sound.

I'm sending to my mechanic friend to do a check if it really needs a top overhaul. Waiting for him to clear his schedule. Meanwhile, any recommended place to diagnose my gearbox? :confused:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Wah! 4G93 SOHC already RM6k, anyway for your gb your mechanic cannot check?
RM6k include transplant. :bawling: My mechanic friend can't check the gearbox. I went to Win Tech Auto at Subang Hi-Tech just now. After diagnose and computer check, workshop said clutch burned (weird funky smell from ATF oil). Pressure not stable hence the lag and jerking. Overhaul and replace all oil seals and gasket. Total RM1.5k inc. GST. Friday or Saturday can pickup the car.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
RM6k include transplant. :bawling: My mechanic friend can't check the gearbox. I went to Win Tech Auto at Subang Hi-Tech just now. After diagnose and computer check, workshop said clutch burned (weird funky smell from ATF oil). Pressure not stable hence the lag and jerking. Overhaul and replace all oil seals and gasket. Total RM1.5k inc. GST. Friday or Saturday can pickup the car.
Include transplant then not too bad. Workmanship can come to 1k plus.
Try fitting atf cooler after repair, and/or dump is a bottle of Lubegard atf additive

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Include transplant then not too bad. Workmanship can come to 1k plus.
Try fitting atf cooler after repair, and/or dump is a bottle of Lubegard atf additive
Alrighty. Will check with the shop when it's done. Hopefully no more problems in the near future. haha!

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
UPDATE: After changing the ISC and fuel filter, no more serious idling problem except while aircond compressor is on, timing went up a bit. No more serious 'semput'-ness but engine still idle a bit low (600-700rpm) when gear is in D and aircond is on. Gearbox gradually feeling a bit better but I still feel I need to send it for check up.

Gonna send it for top overhaul next month. Any tips on that? :)
When you are in gear, the idle will drop a bit because you are causing load to the engine via the GB as well as the aircond compressor (double whammy). Not only that, when your radiator fan kicks in, it sips power as well causing load. Try raising your idle timing a little higher let's say 900rpm to 1000rpm on pure idle without the radiator fan kicking in, without air-cond turned on and not in gear.

Installed any grounding wires?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
When you are in gear, the idle will drop a bit because you are causing load to the engine via the GB as well as the aircond compressor (double whammy). Not only that, when your radiator fan kicks in, it sips power as well causing load. Try raising your idle timing a little higher let's say 900rpm to 1000rpm on pure idle without the radiator fan kicking in, without air-cond turned on and not in gear.

Installed any grounding wires?
Engine idling set at 1100 RPM without aircond and with aircond on. Gearbox was faulty. Waiting for the rebuild to be done tomorrow. So far, when the compressor kicks in after driving, in N the idling went up to 1400rpm. Previously the ISC was indeed messed up. RPM stays at 900 during cold start before replacing the ISC.

No ground wires (those fancy one) installed. Just the stock wires from half-cut. Considering to add that and a voltage stabilizer when I get my car back. Hopefully the gearbox will be in good shape after the rebuild.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Suspension - INFORMATIONAL

Suspension is the term given to the system of springs, shock absorbers and linkages that connects a vehicle to its wheels. Suspension systems serve a dual purpose - contributing to the car's handling and braking for good active safety and driving pleasure, and keeping vehicle occupants comfortable and reasonably well isolated from road noise, bumps, and vibrations. These goals are generally at odds, so the tuning of suspensions involves finding the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience