MyVi Extreme mods/upgrades?

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
Change on the spot maaaah! Eh bro I thought you were selling them 002's? :rolleyes:
I was on 17''. Ordered the new 15''. Brought those 002's for them to fix. Then found out the R1R's :banghead:. But on that time, I don't see the size that I want. 205/50 :thefinger:

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Waait then what's your recommendation for balanced tyres? Cos I don't think I'll be changing tyres often :x

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Sorry if this sound stupid, but our of curiosity, can our MyVi really race?
Depends on what you are looking for.

Dry Grip, Wet Grip, Noise, Thread-wear, Comfort, Budget. Overall - PS3

You don't race. You just don't let them see your tail lights. :thefinger:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Lucas you lucky!
Wait till my payment is out and I'll get a 205/50 too. Hahah.

As for OP, I can't answer you regarding racing Myvi's. But I bet there are street racers using them with lowered suspensions for sure.
Also, i thought you were just out for looks?

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
Lucas you lucky!

As for OP, I can't answer you regarding racing Myvi's. But I bet there are street racers using them with lowered suspensions for sure.
This is where the poison starts. Remember I say who you hang out with? :nurse:

jchooo

Sep 29, 2014
Lucas you lucky!

Lucas has a point ;) haha it was out of curiosity...

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Thanks for your input!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Waait then what's your recommendation for balanced tyres? Cos I don't think I'll be changing tyres often :x

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Sorry if this sound stupid, but our of curiosity, can our MyVi really race?
Ok I can't keep quiet already. :thefinger:

Balanced tyres? Balanced between what and what? Grip and more grip? PS3, RE002, GTRadial HPY, Goodyear Assy2, etc. Loads. Just choose whatever suites your budget la. Drive within your means and don't unnecessarily burden yourself just because someone asked you to get the best of the best of the best.

Myvi's are agile cars, but you don't see them in GRA races anymore because a lot of managed to turn turtle at GRA races. Having said that there's one insane Myvi that goes track often and has a very expensive and rare Toyota engine. Not road legal from what I last heard since it has a roll cage.

So can it race? Sure it can. Kancil, Viva, Honda EX5 cubchai all can race. Question is whether the driver is capable of handling the car properly or not. Anyone can floor the pedal and go straight fast. Throw in a couple of corners and then you'll see the separation between men and boys. :biggrin:

And lastly as a responsible slow driver I need to say this - don't race on public roads. Even if you don't kill yourself doing it, you might kill/hurt an innocent bystander. That sort of regret will haunt you forever.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Having said that there's one insane Myvi that goes track often and has a very expensive and rare Toyota engine. Not road legal from what I last heard since it has a roll cage.
Expensive and rare Toyota engine? Why am I having Initial D flashbacks?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Balanced tyres? Balanced between what and what? Grip and more grip? PS3, RE002, GTRadial HPY, Goodyear Assy2, etc. Loads. Just choose whatever suites your budget la. Drive within your means and don't unnecessarily burden yourself just because someone asked you to get the best of the best of the best.

Myvi's are agile cars, but you don't see them in GRA races anymore because a lot of managed to turn turtle at GRA races. Having said that there's one insane Myvi that goes track often and has a very expensive and rare Toyota engine. Not road legal from what I last heard since it has a roll cage.

So can it race? Sure it can. Kancil, Viva, Honda EX5 cubchai all can race. Question is whether the driver is capable of handling the car properly or not. Anyone can floor the pedal and go straight fast. Throw in a couple of corners and then you'll see the separation between men and boys. :biggrin:

And lastly as a responsible slow driver I need to say this - don't race on public roads. Even if you don't kill yourself doing it, you might kill/hurt an innocent bystander. That sort of regret will haunt you forever.
Shit, after last sunday, Izso gonna call me a boy :frown:

Is 4AGE Blacktop iinm for the Roll Cage Myvi. The one I saw la. Since u say is rare engine, then I'm not sure anymore since 4AGE quite common.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Is 4AGE Blacktop iinm for the Roll Cage Myvi. The one I saw la. Since u say is rare engine, then I'm not sure anymore since 4AGE quite common.
It's a Toda 4AGE. That's rare in itself. Not just any blacktop.

cvkit : I'm slower than you. And you drive like an uncle as you have self declared. That makes me a slow driver :thefinger:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
It's a Toda 4AGE. That's rare in itself. Not just any blacktop.

cvkit : I'm slower than you. And you drive like an uncle as you have self declared. That makes me a slow driver :thefinger:
Yet I saw him driving with one hand only, while we all using 2 hand :rofl:

Right hand out of the window holding chocolate bar, and left hand on steering and gearstick :rofl:
Takumi in the making...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yup, Bro. Izso is right. No need get best of the best. Just get what you need of of them. PS3 and RE-002 are good choices, however GT HPY and Asy2 sizes starts in 17".....:smokin::driver:

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

I won't laugh at Cvkit but will laugh to this......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yet I saw him driving with one hand only, while we all using 2 hand :rofl:

Right hand out of the window holding chocolate bar, and left hand on steering and gearstick :rofl:
Takumi in the making...
Hello... do you know your initial-D or not? One hand driving while doing something else is Bunta level driving man. BUNNNTTAAAA

I won't laugh at Cvkit but will laugh to this......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Actually no la. The fella is pretty damn fast in the corners with that Kelisa. Brand new Trestors also run in already after that sort of drive. The fella complain after that day drive the brakes don't respond as well anymore. Sounds like the pads cooked or overheated! No wonder that day those cars following behind him all complain super brake stink!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is my boss's car. The paint was in terrible condition upon delivery. Defects were all over and deep. Pictures shall talk.

Full of swirls and watermark etching. Generous amount of random deep scratches too.

A closer look

The least aggressive method was tried. A light...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience