6. Fuel Regulator
7. Polyurethane bushings

That i would do ...
Wow 2 litre piston, how do you do that:regular_smile:

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA

i heard from a reliable source that,u could drop in a set of 2.0L pistons which is from the proton perdana sei(old model) but the thing is the distance from one piston to the other is very close.Also if incase the engine cease u cant rebore the block again but just have to get a new one:)not very sure....but this is what i heard ....dont shoot me ha ppl

DarkSin

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
kl
zakie : i dont understand what you're trying to tell the person here. 1st of all you talk about vtec (vtec rojak wif 4g93? i love to see that. )and then about a mivec that can smoke a vr-4 but it was stolen. what is the mod is the great green mivec i would like to ask.

I think modding the 4g93 n/a engine is all about your budget and your expectation. no doubt this engine able to produce good results. but again do weight the possibility of gain and $ spent on it. modding 4g93 n/a at higher stage will cost a lot and increasing the risk (cam shaft , bore block and like you mentioned droppping a 2.0L piston.)

dropping a 2.0 piston is not a problem but reliability of it is the matter of concern. would you place a bet on a mechanic that give you "reliable" source. the reliable source will be how long the mod been running and under what condition. it's crap if you spent grands and then see the engine torn apart 6 months later when you try to smoke a fast car. the "reliable" man wouldnt cover the losses.

i can say if you're spending same amt of $ on modding the 93 as transplanting a 93T, you should consider of goin for the forbidden fruit. gain per $ does make more sense.

you can try visit www.4gtuners.com and you will get tonnes of info over the 4g93 engine modding and debates on it.

Last edited:

zakie

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
eeerrkkkk !!!!!!

2.0L pistoN?? iNto mivec bLock arrr???
caN do tHat arrr??? the head caN fit iN arr??

if caN coNfirm besH....

:rock:

RoCk oooOO!!

zakie

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Dark sin....
zakie : i dont understand what you're trying to tell the person here. 1st of all you talk about vtec (vtec rojak wif 4g93? i love to see that. )and then about a mivec that can smoke a vr-4 but it was stolen. what is the mod is the great green mivec i would like to ask. <---- x paham Laaa??? what do u meaN by this??

:rock:

RoCk OoooOOO!!!!

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
This is basically what I see on magazine how is people mod on 4G93.

1. hi cam
2. cam pulley
3. sub ecu
4. intake/outlet upgrade
5. upgrade internal parts
6. fully engine balancing
7. flywheel + clucth
8. port and polish
9. fuel system
10. increase compression ratio

I think overall will cost u around RM 25k ++and will gain around 155whp.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
1. hi cam...rm 1800
2. cam pulley..rm 400
3. sub ecu..rm 3000
4. intake/outlet upgrade...rm1000
5. upgrade internal parts...rm 1000
6. fully engine balancing...rm1000
7. flywheel + clucth...rm1000
8. port and polish...rm 1000
9. fuel system...rm 500
10. increase compression ratio...rm 800

nonit 25k kua....

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
they are base on proffesional and branded maker, not on cap ayam one ..... :)
some time cap ayam could not give u add in power , but can easily drop ur engine power due to no R&D and wrongly match.
forgot to count in labour cost, tunning cost and maintenance cost.. :)

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
DarkSin said:
zakie : i dont understand what you're trying to tell the person here. 1st of all you talk about vtec (vtec rojak wif 4g93? i love to see that. )and then about a mivec that can smoke a vr-4 but it was stolen. what is the mod is the great green mivec i would like to ask.

I think modding the 4g93 n/a engine is all about your budget and your expectation. no doubt this engine able to produce good results. but again do weight the possibility of gain and $ spent on it. modding 4g93 n/a at higher stage will cost a lot and increasing the risk (cam shaft , bore block and like you mentioned droppping a 2.0L piston.)

dropping a 2.0 piston is not a problem but reliability of it is the matter of concern. would you place a bet on a mechanic that give you "reliable" source. the reliable source will be how long the mod been running and under what condition. it's crap if you spent grands and then see the engine torn apart 6 months later when you try to smoke a fast car. the "reliable" man wouldnt cover the losses.

i can say if you're spending same amt of $ on modding the 93 as transplanting a 93T, you should consider of goin for the forbidden fruit. gain per $ does make more sense.

you can try visit www.4gtuners.com and you will get tonnes of info over the 4g93 engine modding and debates on it.
2.0 litre piston is what mm ??:regular_smile:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
2.0 piston is 85mm...comfirm cannot put in...if can also the piston floating wit water
max is 83mm and 82mm is safe

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Yong_5290 said:
2.0 piston is 85mm...comfirm cannot put in...if can also the piston floating wit water
max is 83mm and 82mm is safe
Agree with you, that why i asked:regular_smile:

DarkSin

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
kl
Yong_5290 said:
1. hi cam...rm 1800
2. cam pulley..rm 400
3. sub ecu..rm 3000
4. intake/outlet upgrade...rm1000
5. upgrade internal parts...rm 1000
6. fully engine balancing...rm1000
7. flywheel + clucth...rm1000
8. port and polish...rm 1000
9. fuel system...rm 500
10. increase compression ratio...rm 800

nonit 25k kua....

yap. no need 25k. with all the thing mentioned, how much gain ratio over $ ? when modding, ppl need to weigh ratio performance gain per $ spent and also reliability.

zakie : what i'm saying is you're talking from the cloud. you need to be down on the earth to tell us what's the mod in your fren's car. rather just saying "my fren got a mivec can make a vr4 run for it's dollar."

if i got rm10k on modding 93 N/A, might as well i plonk in 93T. run stock.

basically any mech can plonk in a 2.0 piston n bore it but dont think he wont gurantee anything after the $ is collected.

dont always believe too much in this kind of claims. i remember a case many years back when my fren's EK9 mod bcame the early batch of "high compression" dream guinea pig by this big tuner in sunway which still exist till this day. the person claimed high compression mod that gurantee high revvin beast. after paying tonnes $ for the modding, the engine went to heaven in less than 3months. then the guy said "you see, that's the risk of modding. it's a new thingy and we both took the risk to try it and i'm charging you minimum for the stuffs...".

a lot of new experiments are being conduct on us. so we must becareful enough not to be 1 of the guinea pig. as $ spent and a torn engine will hurt our pride and wallet a lot.

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA

To all,

its a good feeling to me when all of u are trying to help me make my mission a great success.....im really happy,furthermore im getting help from ones that ive not even met as of yet but yet so so helpful......thanks alot ppl!Lastly,hoping here that i get my mission done well with good results n to others, this is a great oppurtunity to learn the secret recipe's of the above said engine........thanks!

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
DarkSin said:
yap. no need 25k. with all the thing mentioned, how much gain ratio over $ ? when modding, ppl need to weigh ratio performance gain per $ spent and also reliability.

zakie : what i'm saying is you're talking from the cloud. you need to be down on the earth to tell us what's the mod in your fren's car. rather just saying "my fren got a mivec can make a vr4 run for it's dollar."

if i got rm10k on modding 93 N/A, might as well i plonk in 93T. run stock.

basically any mech can plonk in a 2.0 piston n bore it but dont think he wont gurantee anything after the $ is collected.

dont always believe too much in this kind of claims. i remember a case many years back when my fren's EK9 mod bcame the early batch of "high compression" dream guinea pig by this big tuner in sunway which still exist till this day. the person claimed high compression mod that gurantee high revvin beast. after paying tonnes $ for the modding, the engine went to heaven in less than 3months. then the guy said "you see, that's the risk of modding. it's a new thingy and we both took the risk to try it and i'm charging you minimum for the stuffs...".

a lot of new experiments are being conduct on us. so we must becareful enough not to be 1 of the guinea pig. as $ spent and a torn engine will hurt our pride and wallet a lot.
Geng,,,2.0 pistons how many mm ?? what is the original sleeves size for 4g93 ? which mechanic can plonk 2.0 pistons,,,,i wanna meet him lar.

Last edited:

Engine_Maniac

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Malaysia
Modding 4G93

Hi there ,
Please inform in this forum when you guy's are going to see this guy who can put in an 2.0L 85mm piston in a sleeve which is only 83.8mm!!!!!!

Well meet the great man of the 21st Century Mr.Talk AYAM!
People ask advice ma not ask you to make joke.

I spent a few hundred trying to put in a 83mm piston in a 4G93 block and what happen ............ cost me another RM1000 for another complete block.All for just trying to show that we are very-very great nut's!!!!!!!!

Always do mod with two ideas ie. RELIABLE and of course CHEAP.
Friend as one of the friends earlier adviced what is your budget,what type of power are you looking for?
Think of all this then you start to do the mod with a known mechanic not a person who claims he is a mechanic.The cheapest and proven power that I've got only cost me RM1350!This is inclusive of labour and parts.

You would be wondering what was the power ......... well you can shrink a B16A which is running in a EG9 cover with some slight chipping done to the B16A.

But to completely smoke a B16A to dust ..................well you will be spending a fortune but end of the day not only will your bank books/pocket is empty and has holes you'll also find one under your selinder head!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not mod your 4G93 just to smack out a VTEC never do that mistake if you know what I'm trying to say,do not throw your money in the drain.

For your info I'm not running a VTEC but anybody who have went through this engine Biography will know what this engine means.And it really means BUSINESS!

I just can't stop laughing on the 2.0 pistons wow!!!!!!!!!! chie sin

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The ticker is counting down on the Ferrari 612 and with the Geneva Motor Show just around the corner, the cat is slowly but surely sneaking out of the bag as the deets are spilling on the 612 replacement...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience