Mod without changing the engine

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Ineed ur guys help . If I want to modify a GTi engine without changing it . I want to do those things -

-Internal mods like port and polish
-blue printing
-camshaft 272 degree and afew more

After that the performance good liao hah ? Somemore need to do what else ? And does anyone know how much will it cost ? And where to do ? My location is in Cheras . Thanks .

verticalimit

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
man u change those thing might as well you do a turbo transplant
save money and time. buy the half cut do all the thing you 1 on it then transplant cos
no matter what you do 1.8DOHC NA got its limit not like turbo u can get the satisfaction
you neeed higher horsepower got plenty performance parts for it hehe..later u mod mod your standard engine not enough u sure go for turbo 1 right?

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Blue printing I hear is going to cost you a bomb... cams and PnP and internals lightenning will be good. Couple those with a big-bore intake, big-bore exhaust system with a rechipped ECU and you should be putting out a pretty respective power output.

I was thinking, getting a MIVEC head and reprofiling the cams to be AGGRESIVE (like around 30x) at the high end while keeping the low end lobes at a comfortable setting should be nice... have it activate at 5000rpm or so but deactivate at 3000rpm to reduce sudden power surges. But thats only my dream la, not sure if there will be any problems.

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
agree with the comments posted above! major money involved for the stuff ur planning 2 do (the blueprinting, cams etc)... once u do all that my guess is at best u can FOLLOW closely behind a stock 1.8 GSR turbo in a satria perhaps... bro like they sed might as well u straight away one-shot do engine transplant la... know a few ppl who've done up their stock 4G93P to a killer level but i tell u the money involved, ahem... rather not say la hehehehe!

nowadays from what i can c on the road ah the VERY MINIMUM is evo/VR4 4G63 turbo for proton cars dude. and with NAZA bringin in all da nice sports cars ur gonna have 2 b keepin up with the lucky ppl that buy them too! anything less than that you're gonna have a real tough time keepin up not just with everyone else's ride, but with ur OWN satisfaction level... IMHO one day u play with the mods you've planned 2 do and nex day you'll b damn unsatisfied with the power alredy! believe me, horsepower greed happens 2 everyone who's passionate about their car/motorsports etc... end of the day, ur ride, ur engine, ur decision bro! good luck man.

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
What a great feedback from all of u guys ! thankx ! Btw ok let say if i do engine transplant then my original GTi engine what will happen to it ? can trade in meh with halfcut shop ? Turbo GSR got new engine or i have to get it from halfcut shop ?

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
TermiziYeoh said:
What a great feedback from all of u guys ! thankx ! Btw ok let say if i do engine transplant then my original GTi engine what will happen to it ? can trade in meh with halfcut shop ? Turbo GSR got new engine or i have to get it from halfcut shop ?
bro...4G93 is a very potential engine...sumore if its new...nonit 2 change the engine..
mod like wat u intended then the power very nice liaw..

272 cam
port polish
adjustable cam pulleys
xtractor
bore ur intake manifold n t.body 2 60mm(mivec size)
Kings heavy duty internal bearing...
blue print n engine balancing...

by doing this i think ur car can stick 2 GSR edi...

else...5-6K budget just go n super charge it...160hp on wheel

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
What are the performance differences those two mods

1. 272 cam
port polish
adjustable cam pulleys
xtractor
bore ur intake manifold n t.body 2 60mm(mivec size)
Kings heavy duty internal bearing...
blue print n engine balancing...

2. else...5-6K budget just go n super charge it...160hp on wheel

And how much for number 1 mod ? Number 1 mod can get how many horsepower ? Sorry im asking still green in modification .

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
how much ar.not very sure..

lets say port polish 1k...
272 cam 1k
engine balancing 1k
adjustable cam pulley 500
intake manifold n t.body bore 500
all this is just raugh figure...cayb can get cheaper...
n should be able 2 get around 140hp on wheel...

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Im guessing that no.1 will set you back by atleast RM8k if done in reputable workshops... you'll need a ecu fix too.

Off topic: PM me if youre interested in 58mm throttle body, performance ECU and a 2.5" exhaust system for 4G93. Will have them for sale soon. :D

edit: No way cams would be that cheap... unless a kaki sells 2nd hand ones for you at a friend-friend price...
Engine bluprinting is a wallet killer too.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
hahaha..yup...got my powerzone 262 also 1k edi..
if powerzone...sure pocket kering...but prof job loh..
but if urs is already 1.8 chasis..
dun waste it...go 4 evo3 straight...
then later on put vr4 block...

lozo

500 RPM
Sep 26, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
this thread reminds me of dmt's NA modded GTi. check it out from previous hypertune issue. modding from stock engine might cost alot, provided that it is from a good base engine and it makes a more meaningful tuning project rather than simply drop a high performance engine in it.

microtech-info

Known Member
Jul 21, 2005
selangor
Better buy the engine complete(no need half cut waste yr time) and rebuild standart and put the LT8s.I can granty on the best tune u can get 240hp on wheel at 1bar boost.I already done it before.

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
Yong_5290 said:
hahaha..yup...got my powerzone 262 also 1k edi..
if powerzone...sure pocket kering...but prof job loh..
but if urs is already 1.8 chasis..
dun waste it...go 4 evo3 straight...
then later on put vr4 block...
yong5290, bro 1st ur asking him 2 retain his stock 4G93P and then NA tune, now ur telling him not 2 waste his 1.8 chassis and straight away put evo...

termiziYeoh, bro TRUST ME, if power's wat ur looking 4, doing it the NA tune-way IS NOT the way. you'll b f.cking bored of it within, maybe 2 hours man! DMT in sunway (now closed), i admit their GTi is damn powderful for a 1.8 4G93P, but u just ask vincent (the 'ex-owner') how much he spent on the car! the f.cking engine was bloody sent 2 australia 2 be fully re-built with the finest parts in use all controlled by a top-of-the-line haltech standalone man. the cost of that haltech alone's enough 2 buy u your entire evo conversion plus JPJ approval fees! hehehe!

even IF hardcore power's not on ur mind rite, think about ur money's worth. i can't tell u exactly how much each job process is, but for ur NA tune-up (cams, blu-print plus balancing / re-building, port 'n' polish etc etc) it's gonna cost u in the thousands man... i can safely say equivalent 2 da cost of a GSR transplant and add another few k can dump 4G63 evo or VR4 RS in alredy man... years back i wanted 2 mod my stock 4G93P also, and wanted max power, i wanted 2 do what u planned 2 do also (cams, PnP, balance, blu-print etc, bolt-on turbo, piggybacks etc), but i owez remember what another forummer and friend (ALVIN24) said 2 me here a long time ago : UR GONNA B SPENDING ALL UR MONEY SLOWLY TURNING UR STOCK 4G93P INTO A GSR TURBO 4G93T YET STILL KENA WHOOP-ASS BY A GSR TURBO 4G93T... so bro u do the math hehe, NOT tryin 2 poison u hahaha but when u feel the G from the turbo kickin in it'll remind u it was really f.cking worth it dude. peace, out.

crystal_method

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Wow really thanx guy ... heh now in dilemma liao .... thinking of it i better save some money first and for now use 1st standard engine ... and after that if money is not a problem can straight away convert turbo liao ....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my bro's car gti is always jerking...y? last time the mekanik said cable plug no2 problem..change the new one (one set). after that, it happens again after 2 months...whats the problem actually? anyone can help me in order to avoid him to replace the cable plug every two months..hehe
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience