Kelisa ride/handling problems

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
got it @ tesco last time 69/bottle bought 3 of them.
Can use 5 times......:rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Weird right, which is why, next oil change intend to switch back to Semi.
But gf did complain FC in kelisa is worse than before. Find that when using Castrol Magnatec, the FC was better than the Penzoil Semi that I'm currently using for fish.

But will try Kendall next, since is not costly and got good feedback.

Is smoother but somehow feel the mousedeer drives differently...when I was using Perodua GOLD Semi Syn. The powerband is different. Kicks in later but power delivery is smoother and consistent. Not much struggle after mid range. But still a 660cc so I don't expect much but I dont struggle like before though. Only on stop go a bit slow to pick up power.

Especially after revving the car a bit on uphill with 2nd gear, the car is much more fun to drive after warmed up I guess.

Well, is just what i feel la. haha!
Your engine confused already. Every time different engine oil becomes rojak already......hahhahahha:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Can use 5 times......:rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Your engine confused already. Every time different engine oil becomes rojak already......hahhahahha:rofl:
No la only this time. Usually buy from spareparts shop but this time I straight go to our mech there.
Use his Mobil Mineral Oil.

Price of Mobil Mineral oil cost more than my Perodua Gold Semi Syn

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No la only this time. Usually buy from spareparts shop but this time I straight go to our mech there.
Use his Mobil Mineral Oil.

Price of Mobil Mineral oil cost more than my Perodua Gold Semi Syn
Workshop gets their oil direct from Brand owner. Want cheap get from Tesco. Like Total Quartz 10w-40 5L at RM69.90...heh! heh!:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I wanna know what the panhard bar does for the Kelisa. Anyone got any ideas? It's available for the Kelisa and the only other cars I've seen it available for is 4x4 trucks.

Wikipedia said:
A Panhard rod (also called Panhard bar) is a suspension link that provides lateral location of the axle.[1] Originally invented by the Panhard automobile company of France in the early twentieth century, this device has been widely used ever since.

While the purpose of the suspension of an automobile is to allow the wheels to move vertically with respect to the body, it is undesirable to allow them to move forward and backwards (longitudinally), or side to side (laterally). The Panhard rod is designed to prevent lateral movement.[2] This is not to be confused with a traction bar which controls axle wrap and suspension loading. The track bar or Panhard bar is a simple device, consisting of a rigid bar running sideways in the same plane as the axle, connecting one end of the axle to the car body or chassis on the opposite side of the vehicle. The bar is attached on either end with pivots that permit it to swivel upwards and downwards only, so that the axle is allowed to move in the vertical plane only. This does not effectively locate the axle longitudinally, therefore it is usually used in conjunction with trailing arms which stabilize the axle in the longitudinal direction. This arrangement is not usually used with a leaf spring suspension, where the springs themselves supply enough lateral rigidity, but only with coil spring suspensions.

The advantage of the Panhard rod is its simplicity. Its major disadvantage is that the axle must necessarily move in an arc relative to the body, with the radius equal to the length of the Panhard rod. If the rod is too short, there will be excessive sideways movement between the axle and the body at the ends of the spring travel. Therefore, the Panhard rod is less desirable on smaller cars than larger ones. A suspension design that is similar but dramatically reduces the sideways component of the axle's vertical travel is Watt's linkage.

Some vehicles with live-axle suspensions, where Watt's linkage is not an option, e.g. a number of Land Rover models use a Panhard rod as a component of the front suspension.
So again - why does the Kelisa have a panhard bar?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I wanna know what the panhard bar does for the Kelisa. Anyone got any ideas? It's available for the Kelisa and the only other cars I've seen it available for is 4x4 trucks.

Seems larger cars need them more than kelisa but most of larger cars does not have that bar except kelisa and kenari. Also that's what I heard, if using adjustables or sports absorbers+Sports springs, using a Panhard Rod helps...

Originally kelisa already have that bar, just dunno what is the purpose of upgrading. Stronger? or Better? No idea. Is just have to buy one to find out :rofl:

Though I still dont understand the explanation...

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
well tats a huge ? coz GST is goinn 2 kick in.
Hopefully it is RM69.90 plus 6%.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

After reading and seeing some pictures I can only see that the panhard bar holds the drive train so that it will not shift left or right.
For the Kelisa it holds the torsion beam in place so that the travel is only up and down. Not sure how much it will help....:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hopefully it is RM69.90 plus 6%.....:driver:

After reading and seeing some pictures I can only see that the panhard bar holds the drive train so that it will not shift left or right.
For the Kelisa it holds the torsion beam in place so that the travel is only up and down. Not sure how much it will help....:smokin:
Hmmm....Kelisa....the one car with torsion beam that handles well...If that rod is the one that made all the difference...then maybe my Jetta should get one installed :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi!was wondering if any1 got solution for me..
anyway, im driving iswara and i plan to upgrade to a 195/50/15 rims, i was told its quite heavy, becoz i dont have power steering..
is it recommended to chg just to a 185/50/15 or 185/60/14 rims?
will it be very heavy if i take the 15" rims, what a bout stress on the suspension?
Thanks!!

Cheers
Peter
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience