It's time to let it go......

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
All go to Ipoh dy.......lol:biggrin:
Maybe. Or I did not pay much attention to Airtrek before until I joined this thread.

The Airtrek I saw at my uni sounds quite harsh. I was cycling when it passed me. At first I thought that is the sound of some small/light truck because the engine sounds harsh. After I passed me, only I realize it was an Airtrek. How wrong I was, mistaking 4G63T as a lorry. :rofl:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I am pretty sure it's the notorious tappet noise. When it's noisy, it really sounded like a truck. Again, this reminds me of my painful experience on morning start up. It sounded as if the engine will seize. It was actually a lot better after I did the engine flush. Maybe too many carbon deposits. I have had the tappet changed from halfcut and they were soak in petrol overnight. It's the oil smug that causing the tiny hole to be stuck where oil can't get thru. But the noise came back shortly.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Maybe hydraulic tappets making hell of a noise........:smokin:
urgh...... i hate them tappets... mine sounds like a diesel engine........

strange tho, mine only sounds very bad when its hot, first start alright

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Maybe hydraulic tappets making hell of a noise........:smokin:
How does tappets sounds like. Until now, I'm still not sure how to identify it.

I am pretty sure it's the notorious tappet noise. When it's noisy, it really sounded like a truck. Again, this reminds me of my painful experience on morning start up. It sounded as if the engine will seize. It was actually a lot better after I did the engine flush. Maybe too many carbon deposits. I have had the tappet changed from halfcut and they were soak in petrol overnight. It's the oil smug that causing the tiny hole to be stuck where oil can't get thru. But the noise came back shortly.
So, the noise is still there until you sold the car?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
urgh...... i hate them tappets... mine sounds like a diesel engine........

strange tho, mine only sounds very bad when its hot, first start alright
Maybe your oil viscosity too thin. I had that problem when I tried 5w-30 in my VR. 5w-40 much better and now on 15w-40 diesel EO is quiet.....lol:rofl:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I heard that the new owner to my sold-off Airtrek sent it to the shop to retune and said to have gotten like 330whp (not sure if it's true) out of the stock existing hardware.

However he fried the engine after returned. The car now uses an Evo 7 engine....

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Maybe your oil viscosity too thin. I had that problem when I tried 5w-30 in my VR. 5w-40 much better and now on 15w-40 diesel EO is quiet.....lol:rofl:
keke now running 10-40....was thinking of going even thinner!! the thing is fine when cold.... then transforms into a diesel when hot....

I heard that the new owner to my sold-off Airtrek sent it to the shop to retune and said to have gotten like 330whp (not sure if it's true) out of the stock existing hardware.

However he fried the engine after returned. The car now uses an Evo 7 engine....
just curious.... do you know how much an evo 7 engine would cost?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
just curious.... do you know how much an evo 7 engine would cost?
I am not sure how much it costs but he got the 'engine kosong' only. He fried 2 of the 4 pistons and conrods. So he just got the block, pistons and cranks. I believed it's even more powerful now :)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am not sure how much it costs but he got the 'engine kosong' only. He fried 2 of the 4 pistons and conrods. So he just got the block, pistons and cranks. I believed it's even more powerful now :)
Engine kosong will be much cheaper but then depends on seller too....:rolleyes:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

***Car found after 48 hrs***

Sorry for the late notification. I'm going to close this thread. Thank you for your kind help. Piece of advice, no one can be trusted including the law enforcers.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience