It's time to let it go......

I had 2 midboxes cos my wife complained it was way too noisy especially at highway...

It initially sounded superb with just 1 mid-box which replaces the cat. I had downpipe + mid box + straight flow N1 muffler. After installing the second mid-box, the sound level went down around 30% which was great. At low rev below 3500 rpm, it was almost unheard. Just heavy deep bassy rumble but when it hit pass 3500 rpm, that's where it 'shouts'...

It initially sounded superb with just 1 mid-box which replaces the cat. I had downpipe + mid box + straight flow N1 muffler. After installing the second mid-box, the sound level went down around 30% which was great. At low rev below 3500 rpm, it was almost unheard. Just heavy deep bassy rumble but when it hit pass 3500 rpm, that's where it 'shouts'...

Does your installation of mid-box affects power in any way?

Most probably is straight flow, actually quite a lot people running without mid box for modified turbocharged vehicles, some even straight pipe after turbine :biggrin::biggrin:

Yup, straight out to straight through muffler....:driver:

That is why if you have 2 cars you can leave one noisy...:driver:

My wife car is the quiet one.....:rofl:

Well, as long as your car is not Proton or Perodua, JPJ roadblock won't really disturb you much despite the loud exhaust.

But you actually have 3 cars. Your wife using Tiggo, then the Sonata?

Well, as long as your car is not Proton or Perodua, JPJ roadblock won't really disturb you much despite the loud exhaust.

But you actually have 3 cars. Your wife using Tiggo, then the Sonata?

Actually my exhaust not that loud, but the base note very low and bassy. You can hear from quite far away as low notes carries very far. If in enclosed space every worst as the sound bounces back. If pass a car equipped with vibration alarm, it sure to go off as I pass it.....lol

Yes, I have 3 cars, but just stressing that if you have 2 cars you can keep one quiet and mod the hell out of the other one......hhahhahaha:biggrin:

Actually my exhaust not that loud, but the base note very low and bassy. You can hear from quite far away as low notes carries very far. If in enclosed space every worst as the sound bounces back. If pass a car equipped with vibration alarm, it sure to go off as I pass it.....lol

Yes, I have 3 cars, but just stressing that if you have 2 cars you can keep one quiet and mod the hell out of the other one......hhahhahaha:biggrin:

Common for 4G63T I guess. Seen before a few Evo and their idling can be heard from far away and it sounds very bassy. So, if your car is in enclosed car park, then probably it will set off a few car alarms? :biggrin: I wonder if stutzedward's airtrek sounds bassy or not?

That is why most car guys have a car for daily and another for weekend. :biggrin:

Common for 4G63T I guess. Seen before a few Evo and their idling can be heard from far away and it sounds very bassy. So, if your car is in enclosed car park, then probably it will set off a few car alarms? :biggrin: I wonder if stutzedward's airtrek sounds bassy or not?

That is why most car guys have a car for daily and another for weekend. :biggrin:

https://youtu.be/i3YRaeJRcL4

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom