Irresponsible ICE shop - Sykt Perniagaan Soon Heng

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
I wish to share my unpleasant experience related to this accessories shop with the business name of Sykt Perniagaan Soon Heng located at No.62, SS15/4B, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor D.E.

It all started when I had to remove my Eclipse head unit during my lunch time as it was not functioning and I needed to sent it in to be repaired. As I needed the headunit out of the car fast, I had no choice but to just drop by the nearest accessories shop I can find, and there is when I stumbled upon Sykt Perniagaan Soon Heng.I thought hey to remove a headunit is a simple job. I guess this shop (or any shop) will do just fine. But boy was I wrong....

When I arrived, the owner insisted that I park inside their shop to do the work but I told him my car is too low to clear the incline. He insisted I park inside and thus I gave it a try and true enough, my bumper scraped the floor pretty bad. Only then he says ok, why not reverse in? Hell no man, I parked the car outside the shop (not blocking the entry into the shop at all) and request them to do the uninstall process outside the shop.

Then I overhead him saying to his worker that I am blocking the world go round (you know the phrase in Cantonese). I walked up to him and asked, am I blocking anyone by parking there? He was startled and just replied, "eh...no. Why you ask so?". WTF!

Anyway, his worker removed the headunit just fine but left some scratches on my centre panel due to prying using a screwdriver! Fine I guess I do not wanna make scene out of it and just left after paying. On the way back to the office I realized that during the uninstall process, somehow, he knocked the left-right slider of my air-cond vent out of 'alignment' thus making it unable to move the vents to the left or to the right.

Oh darn it. I was rushing for time and can't make a u-turn back to get it rectified. Worst part is they did not give me a receipt (need the phone number) thus I can't call them and inform of the problem. I had to go overseas the next day and immediately after my return, I had to be outstation. I can only go back to the shop about a week later.

So I drop by the shop on the 30th August 08 and told the worker of the issue and immediately he went to help me rectify the problem. But when the worker confronted his boss on how to re-adjust back the air-cond vents, he immediately put a stop to it. He told me that I must have went to another shop and they are the one who did it. When I told him I didn't went anywhere else he started questioning why only come back to them after so long. When I explained I was overseas and he didn't bother, I started to get furious and question why is he avoiding to fix it back for me ; it was not broken, just need to be 'realigned'. He wanna hear nothing of it and told his worker to install back everthing and NOT fix the problem. He just walked off after saying so. I was crazily mad now and told him off. Is this how he does business? Gosh....such poor customer service.

Anyway, I want to forewarn everyone that reads this about the poor attitude of the owner and how irresponsible he is. Does anyone knows the shop/owner?

The owner's name I presume (from the business card I picked up before I left) is S.C Chua. Herewith I attach a picture of the said shop and a picture of my air-cond vent for a clearer understanding.

I am tempted to print out this whole thread's responses and pass to him a copy. Sigh....really spoils my weekend. :(

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
wow bro... what an experience....How can the dude be sooo obnoxious... Sometimes I wish I wasnt driving a vehicle that is so low as well... Last week went to get car alignment done... of course as usual, scraped the bottom of bumper on the incline... shucks!!!

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
joethurr, yea man. I got my headunit re-installed and fix the air-cond blower today. The shop I went to is such a huge contrast to Sykt Perniagaan Soon Heng. They measured and after finding that my car might not clear the ramp into their shop, they parked it outside and fixed it there. They even draped a seat cover onto the seat and all tools are placed on the floor, never in the car. If in the car also on top of the seat covers.

Very professional. :)

karem

Not Seniorita
Jun 8, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
putralalala.blogspot.com
Sad to hear that bro but such compromising outlets do exist, din work properly just use screwdriver tiew our dashboard with no care at all. To them 'janji kerja siap'. Siap my *ss!

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
joethurr, yea man. I got my headunit re-installed and fix the air-cond blower today. The shop I went to is such a huge contrast to Sykt Perniagaan Soon Heng. They measured and after finding that my car might not clear the ramp into their shop, they parked it outside and fixed it there. They even draped a seat cover onto the seat and all tools are placed on the floor, never in the car. If in the car also on top of the seat covers.

Very professional. :)
Care to share with us the name and location of this installer??

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
pisces23, this was at KK Lau.

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
OIC. KKLau at SS3.

jovi69

Known Member
Jan 14, 2006
KL
Very details ... and have the shop photo too.... print out a copy and distribute to everyone near the shop

D

dude7942

i feel sorry for you..thanks for sharing with us about this..
i also have a bad experience at one shop in Equine Park..
Because of time constraint, i went to a shop there to install HU which i just bought from a friend..Then when i go home, i double check the connection since the speaker sound weird..I found out that the installer have install the speaker wire reversely (wrong polarity) for all 4 speaker..what a stupid installer..so i need to rewire my HU speaker and it was the same as I install it myself..The shop name was Magic Car Accessories (something like that..i forgot)...I hope anyone who had read this won't go to that shop...

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
never ever walk-in to audio shop without knowing their service. i always have this bad impression on those audio shop that they will "cut throat" to new customers and provide "rough" and lousy service for those who only ask them to do "minor" work as they dun earn much out of it.

unless you buy the products from them and install it there, they will give you ""better" service.

kevyeoh

Known Member
Nov 15, 2004
sometimes once a while, you'll bump into this kind of shop...just bad luck.. and stay away from it...
:)

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Wow, this thread came back alive. Reading again what I have typed really pisses me off. :mad:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
V-spec...thats y it's good to post up these sort of troubles for other ppl to learn from yr experience....sharing is caring mah :driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i also kena, my went into accs shop nearby my hse, cos my speakers no sound...cos something wrong wid my amp, they told me to do whole rewiring rm150, i said too expensive, alternative he gave was just rewire from speaker to player, rm50, i said ok.....in the process he broke my glove box bracket, using superglue to fix it, at the same time he dropped his nokia 6 series phone on my seat, whereby cant be seen....but i was kind enuf to gave him bck his phone....darn..should have kept it....
but wattudu...he was lucky i was not....wont be going there again....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
never ever walk-in to audio shop without knowing their service. i always have this bad impression on those audio shop that they will "cut throat" to new customers and provide "rough" and lousy service for those who only ask them to do "minor" work as they dun earn much out of it.

unless you buy the products from them and install it there, they will give you ""better" service.

old story from me....

*last time my horn not working..coz previous owner throw away his immobilizer but the removal job was crap....so cut all over everything wire..even spotlight and horn wire oso cut by them...sh*t....so after a few months without horn then i decide to walk-in at brothers....buy a new siput horn....and ask them to install...at counter the cashier ask me to buy relay or not..i say got but not sure still working or die....later she show me a relay..rm5 only....and after that she says...this relay no good...got hole later water can get inside and rosak...(think i'm stupid ah...all automotive relay was sealed..."holes" she show is the groove at relay pole)....and then she show me "crystal see through casing" relay and says that was rm35....another con job on air....i say no need la expensive relay...(as if i didn't know they bought it at jalan pasar rm4-rm6 only).....

then move on to the installation....
-this guy like tauchu..give orders to his sublime (looks like schoolboy doing part-time and not even knowing anything..just follow instruction given like 80's robot)....measure wire...open grill to put new horn etc...fine...

-then the hard part.....(*the main reason i ask them to install coz didn't have much time to trace back the horn wiring cut previously).....trace..trace and trace...later found near right portion of bumper....that "like tauchu" man already sweating like kena fever one.....and then pasang relay....push horn..no sound....then he :hmmmm: don't know what to trace....(his sublime oledi give up waiting for answer)..later real tauchu show him true relay connection then only got sound..... :driver:

lesson for him...don't pretend like master when u know little about it....that sh!t will reveal itself when u try to cover it up.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

but atleast brothers shop even price cut throat but installation is quite okay for normal things....if given custom or complicated things sure they :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car was just stolen. It was last seen at Kota Damansara at 11pm on the 1st of July. It was stolen anytime between then at 3am the next morning on the 2nd of July. It's a 37 year old Toyota Corolla KE20, with metallic grey paint, restored to near mint condition, has 13" spoked rims, and the licence plate is BAJ 9255.

My family is really attached to this car as we've worked on it for years to get it restored, any help is greatly appreciated! My biggest fear is that it'll be chopped up for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience