Interior revamp

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
Does anyone know where i can get my Honda Civic EK's interior a complete revamp and make over?I want it to have a more solid and expensive look...Right now i think the Civic EK's interior looks cheap and kinda flimsy.Any info will be appreciated!Thanks!

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
I think he's more into beige interior, wooden trim kit, chrome trim meter cluster, leather seat etc..... :X-:

Last edited:

gtmaniac

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
Putrajaya
Well.. that's depend on how you define 'looks cheap' .

Locals EJs actually not intended to be a real expensive car here in Malaysia when they were introduced last time. It was a normal family saloon that is supposed to be an economical car. But the marketing stratregy (compulsory optionals) last time + the unnecessary tid-bits included with the car price pushed the price to, well, RM85k - RM95k new (if i'm not mistaken) last time (1996), was not what we can call cheap.

For me, to 'look' expensive, the essentials are:

1. Leather seats & door panel (especially in beige/tan or 2-tones)
2. Chrome door pull (does EK got this?)
3. Leather steering & gear knob
4. A foot-deep carpeting job
5. Wood panelling
6. Speciallist sound system

But most owner (especially young-at-heart ones) normally go for sporty looks for their EKs... i guess. Personally i will go for EK4 SiR black leather interior.:regular_smile:

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
for me... to get that expensive look in EK... u must use darker colour dashboard (EK4, EK9) and then get that spec99 centre thingy with that double din space to put that navi or 6.5 inch DVD/MP3 etc player... sure got class.

then leather recaro... fuh... expensive look and expensive price...

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
How does the EK4 interior look like?Sorry i rephrase...sporty interior.Not expensive look with wooden trims,gold plated or anything like that.Just clean looking and sporty.I already got leather seats and trims and all..just need to modify the console,dashboard and meters.The BMW interior is not bad...looks clean and quite sporty.DC5 interior is nice also...

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
Hikaru said:
I think he's more into beige interior, wooden trim kit, chrome trim meter cluster, leather seat etc..... :X-:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/slng05/Gallery/interior.jpg
I dont like this interior..looks like a cheap car but trying to look expensive.No offense if its your car ;) My car had wooden panels but i ripped it out....I like 1 tone interiors.Like all in black leather with a bit of chrome or carbon fiber.Not those shiny chrome that looks like a mirror but those that are a bit blur kind.And not those fake looking carbon fiber like those in Satria.I like the DC5 interior a lot but i prefer the EK exterior look.Ek is my favourite design ever =) Anyway, i am looking to buy a nice looking center part where the air cond,radio and all are (its called console i think),and a new dash board and meter cluster.As long as it looks clean and sporty..i dont like my interior because alot of gaps here and there,and looks plastic.Also looking for CTR meters with master mileage at 0.

Thanks for advices guys...more is welcomed =)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi do anybody know where I can get a workshop manual for a Proton Jumbuck 4g15p, preferably pdf, ebay have a few but shipping just takes to long, download or send via email will be better.

Regards Francois

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience