Inspira, If convert body parts to Lancer GT

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
There is always pro's & con's when it comes to this matter..
nobody is wrong... just that when someone decides on something they do it..
proton decided to buy mitsu lancer and rebrand it. they did.. and mitsu sold to them with a note... "please do not change the image of the lancer" which basically means don't make it ugly.. maintain certain image...
well... not many is happy with the issue... but what the heck.. it's done lor... what can i say?
bright side is there will be more spare parts available for lancer owners... thats for sure..
and some for the evo x too... (small stuff)..
but you got to admit... after all the campro hoo haa.. they went back to Mitsu!! LOLZ
so end day is enjoy your rides man!!!
we earned it!!!

Peace!

kikikuku

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
Visit site
hahahahhaahhaah ,if dont like it dont buy it,btw at the end make sure u buy ori mitsu lancer spare part ya,if buy proton one sure your mitsu "kebabooooooooo"or accident!!! curse uuu,but ya la,the ori lancer gt only standard,dont even dare to modified it hihihiihh dont have money ka????only few i meet done mod like bot on onli..then the rest onli show the ego on the road...huuuhuhhuhu sad coz the car still hutanggggggg hihihihi accident sure makan maggie one year.....huhhu...so relek bro u should be glad coz u can buy it,if not go saman proton and mitsu ...ada brani?????

syong888

Known Member
Dec 15, 2008
Trying to be someone you are not means you have no personality.

It's like you have a small dick and try to wear a very thick condom as disguise :biggrin:

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
Trying to be someone you are not means you have no personality.

It's like you have a small dick and try to wear a very thick condom as disguise :biggrin:
Agree with ya bro steven.. hahaha

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Lol that was a good one.. :laugh:

Anyway the Inspiras have started to flood the streets lately.. Saw one stopping right next to a Lancer GT during traffic congestion. The GT still looked much better compared to the Inspira's standard appearance..

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
haha,all of you very funny^^but those of people more funny=.="...and proton old car most engine is from mitsubishi,kecuali waja campro,persona/gen2,savvy...why dun proton do by himself engine??actually we no need shoot them teruk 1 la,because we will get people say we are lansi,sombong...much people is ss only la,maybe 1 day they will think back and shy 1..dun get angry,just my opinion only..i have few lancer gt owner when inspira launch,they all wait change to mitsubishi asx..

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
matter of front and rear bump + logo...all look a like....for kaki racing just buy inspira 1.8 la...good setup for kaki lari and modder...that ugly seat in 1.8 ver just replace with Bride replica..put japan rims and good set for handling...walaaaaaa...after that ask MATSPEED to r&d camshaft for mivrc 1.8 engine...make it ur inspira as future R3 version la...

tiganasfx

Known Member
Dec 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Actually why bother to rebadge. Potong should just sell to Mitsubishi then all can be one big family. After that reduce car taxes as no more protection for potong is needed then all rakyat will be happy.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Actually why bother to rebadge. Potong should just sell to Mitsubishi then all can be one big family. After that reduce car taxes as no more protection for potong is needed then all rakyat will be happy.
That's merely impossible to happen , except miracle happens like next GE , BN goes down , new government , new system , new taxation system then only that might happen ... Other than that ... I don't think BN will sell P1 to Mitsu ... Anyway saw inspira following my LGT otr today , same color as me , silver -_- " I have to admit 1 thing , Inspira looks waaaay better in silver compare to red 1 ...

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Sorry to be sarcastic, may I ask what is the whole fuss about.
Chassis of Inspira is 100% the same as a Lancer 09. Engine depending on whether its a B410 or B411, is the same.
So at the end of the day its a re-branding exercise authorized by Mitsubishi. I used to drive a Subie V8. For me, its not the badge, the no such thing as badge snobery.
More important, Lancer owners have more options for performance parts as the number of Lancers/Inspira will increase.
Sorry to be crude, Inspira or a Lancer GT faced with my Satria GTI prepared for track, in Sepang will be properly wacked. Try me!
But what if we could build in performance parts that works now and because you have the numbers now, more tuners are ready to spend time to develop Lancer GT/Inspira performance parts. Essentially, wont it be fun to develop a Lancer/Inspira that can do 2.50 second time on Sepang without being so compromise that its a pain to drive on the road.
Bro's I am not really interested in attending the TT 's of a club, as I am a hardcore performance addict.
I bought an Inspira as I have a track Satria GTI and you cant mix a track and a road car. So the Subie V8 had to go as it became a more a more like a track car that was useless on the road. The ride was hard, racing clutch bite a pain in town etc.
But it would be nice if the B411 or B410 has more torque. This is what I hope, I can achieve.
Will keep you inform of my developments with my B410 engine, I chose it as it is the only one variant of the Gamma engine that you can buy locally as a Manual.
First I would like to tap into the existing EMS using Open source Tuning.
If that its possible, you don't need to buy a piggy back. You will save heaps.
By doing so, you can get the best from your performance parts, ie Cold Air Intakes, Exhaust upgrades and for those prefer to leave it in NA form use a Higher Cam profile.
Myself, I am interested in the Supercharger route.
I have contacted ATG Sprintex and I am really interested to locally fabricate a kit.
You should see the kit they have done on a Honda Jazz, 50% increase in Torque. Installation is really neat. You also dont need an intercooler if you run on a low boost.
This is the exact kit Proton has developed for their Campro engines that will be put in future hot Neo's and Exora.
There is a big gap of performance between the Evo X and the GT/Inspira.
Lets bridge it.
I am also interested whether the Evo 7 - 9 Brembo's will fit a Lanver GT/Inspira. You can go but you cant stop its useless.
Myself I will stay away from coil overs as it is choppy. Preferring to look to Bilstein for a set of performance shocks.
You will be supprise, I am not really interested in changing to Lancer body parts. I hate a car that is all show and no go.
Different shakes for different people.
Anyway peace to Lance GT owners, forget about who bought and paid for a cheaper car as in the end the resell value is affected based on the initial selling prices.
So what I am saying a second hand similar spec. Lancer GT can never be the same price as an Inspira.
It will definitely be higher as the finance companies will loan higher to a Lancer GT as your purchase price was higher.
It all boils down to depreciation rates. Whether you will lose ex amount a year compared with an Inspira vs a Lancer GT, only time will tell.
My 2 cents worth and also to avoid conflict with the MLOC club members.
See you on track on 10th of June 2011 at 12 - 3pm.
But I will be using our humble Satria only.

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
i like inspira.
if i bought an Inspira myself, i might change it to look like Evo X also..i think.
but, to be honest, i wish there is more aesthetics parts come out and will be cheaper..
im still looking for do-luck trunk (original or replica) for my car.
please someone, make it already..can fit inspira also..heheheh =)

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Sorry to be sarcastic, may I ask what is the whole fuss about.
Chassis of Inspira is 100% the same as a Lancer 09. Engine depending on whether its a B410 or B411, is the same.
So at the end of the day its a re-branding exercise authorized by Mitsubishi. I used to drive a Subie V8. For me, its not the badge, the no such thing as badge snobery.
More important, Lancer owners have more options for performance parts as the number of Lancers/Inspira will increase.
Sorry to be crude, Inspira or a Lancer GT faced with my Satria GTI prepared for track, in Sepang will be properly wacked. Try me!
But what if we could build in performance parts that works now and because you have the numbers now, more tuners are ready to spend time to develop Lancer GT/Inspira performance parts. Essentially, wont it be fun to develop a Lancer/Inspira that can do 2.50 second time on Sepang without being so compromise that its a pain to drive on the road.
Bro's I am not really interested in attending the TT 's of a club, as I am a hardcore performance addict.
I bought an Inspira as I have a track Satria GTI and you cant mix a track and a road car. So the Subie V8 had to go as it became a more a more like a track car that was useless on the road. The ride was hard, racing clutch bite a pain in town etc.
But it would be nice if the B411 or B410 has more torque. This is what I hope, I can achieve.
Will keep you inform of my developments with my B410 engine, I chose it as it is the only one variant of the Gamma engine that you can buy locally as a Manual.
First I would like to tap into the existing EMS using Open source Tuning.
If that its possible, you don't need to buy a piggy back. You will save heaps.
By doing so, you can get the best from your performance parts, ie Cold Air Intakes, Exhaust upgrades and for those prefer to leave it in NA form use a Higher Cam profile.
Myself, I am interested in the Supercharger route.
I have contacted ATG Sprintex and I am really interested to locally fabricate a kit.
You should see the kit they have done on a Honda Jazz, 50% increase in Torque. Installation is really neat. You also dont need an intercooler if you run on a low boost.
This is the exact kit Proton has developed for their Campro engines that will be put in future hot Neo's and Exora.
There is a big gap of performance between the Evo X and the GT/Inspira.
Lets bridge it.
I am also interested whether the Evo 7 - 9 Brembo's will fit a Lanver GT/Inspira. You can go but you cant stop its useless.
Myself I will stay away from coil overs as it is choppy. Preferring to look to Bilstein for a set of performance shocks.
You will be supprise, I am not really interested in changing to Lancer body parts. I hate a car that is all show and no go.
Different shakes for different people.
Anyway peace to Lance GT owners, forget about who bought and paid for a cheaper car as in the end the resell value is affected based on the initial selling prices.
So what I am saying a second hand similar spec. Lancer GT can never be the same price as an Inspira.
It will definitely be higher as the finance companies will loan higher to a Lancer GT as your purchase price was higher.
It all boils down to depreciation rates. Whether you will lose ex amount a year compared with an Inspira vs a Lancer GT, only time will tell.
My 2 cents worth and also to avoid conflict with the MLOC club members.
See you on track on 10th of June 2011 at 12 - 3pm.
But I will be using our humble Satria only.
+1:driver:

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
hahahahhaahhaah ,if dont like it dont buy it,btw at the end make sure u buy ori mitsu lancer spare part ya,if buy proton one sure your mitsu "kebabooooooooo"or accident!!! curse uuu,but ya la,the ori lancer gt only standard,dont even dare to modified it hihihiihh dont have money ka????only few i meet done mod like bot on onli..then the rest onli show the ego on the road...huuuhuhhuhu sad coz the car still hutanggggggg hihihihi accident sure makan maggie one year.....huhhu...so relek bro u should be glad coz u can buy it,if not go saman proton and mitsu ...ada brani?????
I am using most of the spare parts from Proton Genuine Parts...and car still in tip top condition....I can said proton ori parts is my first option, second is MMC parts...third will go for Japan OEM parts if can't get from Proton and MMC cost is too high.....This is me !!!!

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Another 2 cents worth, Proton Spec. dampers are too soft. And my front right damper is klonky in the morning. Steering wheel audio buttons also stiff. So all the shit which Proton localize is so far inferior spec.
Getting bored with the Inspira, realize that putting in a Supercharger needs a lot of work. Actually a bolt on Turbo running TD04 is easy. A lot of space at the back side of the engine.
But putting on a Turbo sure have slight lag. Must use a small turbo.

Down loaded the stock map using Tatrix cable, so with that I hope we can start tuning the Inspira.
I am still reluctant to decat the car or put in any extractors as I dont know which path, ie Turbo or Supercharger.

Want to change to Billsteins almost immediately or something similar to a sports damper.
Car at 180KMH is nervous especially when you throw in some corners.

Or maybe give up and buy a Mazda MPS.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as devious requested - old timers lepak section is here. Old timers meaning - members who has been with ZTH since 2000-2001 ... come... TCSS - Tok kok sing song...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience